1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebegury7.jpg

ujeteje3.jpg
ypubusug.jpg
eberynes.jpg
pene8ana.jpg

I haven bought an iron man figure since mk vii and the way they did the led on the face was ok, but the way they did it where the led is right next to the face plate makes the eyes shine a lot brighter, I think, the reactor is detailed too beautifully it feels real, the stands leg spacers actually open up to adjust the legs of the figure if you don't want the stand pole, the one thing I hate so far is the machine gun falls off too easily and would have been nice if it worked with the rail...

Saluting all veterans

ruhaze9y.jpg

abyje9yq.jpg

I think I got elljay's pose down

yse4u8e7.jpg

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Im still thinking about this figure...One question though is on the hip joints...Are they good and tight?...In a review I watched, where the figure was being handled, the legs looked like they might have been alittle loose in the hip area...And I wondered with the extra weight from the diecast in the legs, if this might be so...Thanks...

Matt

As a veteran I salute you back ;)

So much of this, Patriot and 42 being the only Iron Man offerings with diecast... Whiplash MKII is diecast!

When did diecast suddenly become such a bad word?

Does anyone have diecast toys from the 70s? Matchbox? The Shogun Warriors? The Mazingers? Mine all look pretty much the same as they did 35 years ago. Theres no paintwear on them except for the ones I left buried in sand for too long and even those look damn good considering my treatment of them. :lol

If theres a paint issue, its a paint issue, diecast isn't a Unicorn, its no mythical beast, its widely used and has been in everything from toys to cars for decades. Hot Toys has had problems with paint, rubber, and plastic in the past, if theres growing pains with them transitioning over to diecast, it is what it is.

Amen!:goodpost:

This is my point too. Diecast Voltron from 1984, man mine is still awesome to this day. Cars, Shogun Warriors, absolutely!!!:lecture

Ok finally got him set up with the rest of the iron legion and I've got a few things to say. He FEELS great, I know most people didn't think the diecast and weight were necessary but boy o boy did he change my mind. I also put up midas after and he felt so cheap and toy-like comparatively. This guy has improved articulation in basically all areas except the head for some reason. The best thing beside the extra joints is the addition of the transforming pants as I like to call them. This makes dynamic poses with the legs and ab articulation that much better, super cool addition. Overall an outstanding figure that makes the increasing price points actually seem worth it. Here's hoping they continue the diecast line because now all the rest feel cheap an unarticulated by comparison. I eagerly await mk 42 and iron patriot! :lecture :lol
The major thing that makes Midas a cheap offering in comparison isn't so much the weight, for me, but the fact it's a $300.00 repaint. With this figure, I really feel one can get a sense of where the money went and why it costs what it does. I've said it a few times, but I'm really impressed with how HT implemented the diecast in these figures. They could've just done diecast versions of their plastic figures, but instead put a ton of thought into their engineering and improved the articulation (loving all the detail in WM's reactor, too -- looks really cool). Can't wait to get mine at the end of the month and order Iron Whiplash on Thursday. That figure is also going to be something special.

also forgot to ask another question... i've seen people referring to $40 difference in price from the exclusive to the regular... it looks to me that the price is the same for both? $285... am i missing something?
Price is the same but people outside of the States will often compare the price to order directly from Sideshow (in order to get the exclusive) vs ordering from a local distributor. For Canadians, it would be about a $40.00+ premium, due to higher shipping and duties. For people it other countries, it might be significantly higher.

Last edited:
You know, despite the fact that it's diecast, the below the waist area is still plastic, here's to some hoping the Mk.42 doesn't fade.

I just unpacked and posed mine.

It is pretty much what I expected and I'm very happy with it but when I tried to remove the helmet panel to install he batteries the top half of the helmet came off instead.

Now it just sits on there.

I guess I have to call Side Show about this.

You know, despite the fact that it's diecast, the below the waist area is still plastic, here's to some hoping the Mk.42 doesn't fade.

I think they did that to reduce any metal to metal contact that might cause the paint to to get damaged.

Had him out about an hour now, bring on the rest, 42, IP, Whip, even Robo, loving the diecast series so far. :yess:

Some pics of mine, vid review and more photos will follow: first impression great! Love the clean look at as mentioned earlier the figure just feels good in hand. ;)

1625482_620803094641598_2146173757_n.jpg

1620441_620803107974930_1560148853_n.jpg

One way to fix a stripped screw is to hammer the face of the screw, but in minifigures that's kind of hard... unless you can find a way to do it.

In my opinion all I collect besides Hot toys, and a few figures are die cast action figures which are all Saint Seiya. Die cast is the best thing ever, plastic feels cheap and the paint on diecast lasts way longer than plastic. This figure feels perfect, not too heavy nor too light, If it's too heavy over time the figure's ankles will give out over the weight and no matter what you do it will be impossible to stand it up with out a stand. But so far it's holding up great, although my ankles did come a bit too loose, this figure is excellent I love it, too bad you don't see it in the movie, but I always did love War Machine!!!

Bandai's saint seiya myth cloth line at first was tank like die cast armor, over time figures with too much armor was too much for the poor ankles, over time they got smart and developed lightweight diecast allow that feels light and it's more malleable for figures, this what this figure resembles and I like it!!! call me crazy but it's bat **** cold outside, and you touch diecast, they feel soo cold lol..

A fellow saint seiya collector! Got any of the crown figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. Ootb or what? Just curious. (Note to self: don't do that. ). Maybe try grabbing the screw's head with a tiny pair of pliers or eyebrow tweezers and then slowly unscrew it while holding the clamps down?? May take a while but you might get it. Let us know how it goes.

That's why I'm paranoid with monkeying with these ht figures. I bought the entire Mark 1-7 line in a month and Midas, etc and every time I gently moved something or tried to pulling an arm rocket outward something went wrong or started cracking in a scary way. By the time I got to IM III and the arm rocket pin fell off on me, I called a time-out on handling these too much. Sadly enough I stay away from posing them. Something as basic as swapping batteries with these guys is nerve wrecking enough to make one reach for a xanax bottle.

Mine is the same on the chest battery cover. Came overtightened and stripped.

To get to the chest compartment use the screw driver horizontaly, at first I tried in a 90° angle till I realized you have to aproach the screw horizontaly and had no problem after that. I hope it helps. :)

I tried all kinds of stuff and it's not working so I ordered a screw extractor set from Amazon. $22. I figure this will come in handy for other stuff than just WM too.

The major thing that makes Midas a cheap offering in comparison isn't so much the weight, for me, but the fact it's a $300.00 repaint. With this figure, I really feel one can get a sense of where the money went and why it costs what it does. I've said it a few times, but I'm really impressed with how HT implemented the diecast in these figures. They could've just done diecast versions of their plastic figures, but instead put a ton of thought into their engineering and improved the articulation (loving all the detail in WM's reactor, too -- looks really cool). Can't wait to get mine at the end of the month and order Iron Whiplash on Thursday. That figure is also going to be something special.

I agree 100% but they pushed him as super limited and very exclusive which was a joke. That's why I said the diecast makes the price increase feel worth it, im totally down for more in diecast and im crapping my pants for the whiplash diecast announcement. :rotfl

Great Pics i am not to sure if i will order this or wait for IP, can anyone confirm if they have any pictures displaying this next to the new power pose Iron Man Mark-42?

Thanks

Back