1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to ask, but what benefit does diecast have over the plastic Iron Man of the past? I started collecting really late and might look into the diecast Iron Man in the future that I have missed or refused to pay ebay mark up prices. Is this just a test by Hot Toys to see if the consumers are still going to gobble it up and decide to scrap plastic iron mans from now on and go diecast?

I got a vendor at Frank and Son that is selling each Iron Man below Ebay prices that I am thinking about grabbing them unless the future diecast remake can convince me to skip plastic.

Diecast is heavier. I don't know where I saw it, an interview with Howard or some HT artist, but it was in response to people complaining that the MMS figures felt too light.

PlayImaginative's foray into diecast Iron Man figures may have had something to do with it too, not sure what the timeline there is though.

the MMS figures heft wasn't really the issue for me. it was the thinness/hollowness of parts.

If this suit makes the kind of appearance in the movie that has been talked about here, why would the set come with a Rhodey head?

The weird thing is, in hottoys.jp , WM mk.II is priced for 37000 yen, and Iron Patriot is 35000, I really can't understand that because Iron Patriot definitely should be pricier due to the extra head and complicated paintjob. Probably just in Japan though.

In my country (Indonesia) preorder price for WM mk.II is approximately $215. Shipping takes much longer than ever though.. probably 3-5 months after HK release.

Among all Asian countries... Indonesia is probably the cheapest... equals to HK's PO price...

921338_464578066955723_470048233_o.jpg

Back