1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, because i had to destroy a torso, I decided to give the paint job on it a bit of a stress test. I rotated and over-rotated the abs and chest and twisted it all the way around very roughly, crunched, uncrunched it and did just about anything you could do to it for about 20 minutes while watching tv, again, all very roughly and carelessly and this was all the damage I could do to the paint.

View attachment 95381

View attachment 95382

Also cracked the front skirt of the upper torso by rotating it 90 degree too many times, but it really isn't supposed to do that... This is war machine, not Richard Reeds.

Thanks for putting it through the wringer for those of us that are concerned about the durability. Looks like it handled very well and everyone can relax a little knowing that their figure should never be put under that kind of strain.

That sucks. Hope they do away with the hip flaps, they are just as annoying as the flares in older figures.

Yes those hip flaps are a ***** to put back on. I hate them. Other than that I love this bad boy..

je2eseta.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, because i had to destroy a torso, I decided to give the paint job on it a bit of a stress test. I rotated and over-rotated the abs and chest and twisted it all the way around very roughly, crunched, uncrunched it and did just about anything you could do to it for about 20 minutes while watching tv, again, all very roughly and carelessly and this was all the damage I could do to the paint.

View attachment 95381

View attachment 95382

Also cracked the front skirt of the upper torso by rotating it 90 degree too many times, but it really isn't supposed to do that... This is war machine, not Richard Reeds.

Been watching this thread since this is the first of the die-cast iron man armors to come out. I was worried how well the paint would hold-up with use and if it would flake like Captain America's shield. Your test seems encouraging. I'm hoping the MarkXLII and IP would be as durable.

Yeah, I'm pleased with the outcome of my stress test. That was from what I would consider heavy "normal" use. I later did some more damage, about doubles or a bit more than paint chipping and scratching, but that was only once I started to deliberately trying to break it.

Everytime I move the legs out and the flaps pop I have that instant "oh crap I broke them" moment. :lol

Heh! ^^^ This is one of the reasons I kind of gave up on posing him too much. My very first experience with him was putting back the flap (I too thought I broke it)...and then when I got it back on (after what seemed like 10 min) the other side popped off and that took longer to put on!

Hope they do solve this issue.

Did anyone else notice a leg being loose fitting? I opened mine last night and the right leg is loose to the point that if I hold it horizontal, the leg falls back by about 5 degrees.

Did anyone else notice a leg being loose fitting? I opened mine last night and the right leg is loose to the point that if I hold it horizontal, the leg falls back by about 5 degrees.

Nope, unless others are getting that as well, I think maybe its a bad joint, mine are pretty tight.

Just opened mine , and found one interesting thing , when i got to the part where is the stand i found that the metal tube which puts inside the stand is in the foil and there is some brown liquid inside this foil , i suppose it is oil , i put the paper inside this tube and it came out brown , they put oil inside this tube ? Should this liquid be there ?

Back