1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped some quick pics while I'm watching a godzilla movie, before I go out later.
Really impressed with the heft and weight of this guy. Love the engineering.

I can't seem to get his feet to pull down yet, they might be a bit stiff.

Anyway, diecast is the way to go. Can't have a high end collectible without the extra engineering it allows. I've always felt HT's are a bit too light for their price. Pieces like the terminator T-600 and even the predator figures could due with more lower level weight and articulation.

Also, I pinched the crap out of my fingers with this guy. He has some super sharp edges. Always the sign of a good toy! haha.

Anyway...I look forward to buying more diecast HT's.

PrSJNRq.jpg

ThDAnYk.jpg

iNZUsgb.jpg

cLXdFTV.jpg

Last edited:
I must say I really like the more matte finish a lot, if definitely works for War Machine. I've been contemplating the same paint look on a Thumper figure, and now I really reeeally want that armor :drool :lol

Qn5eW62.png
As Niltusk says, that is very cool. To me that has the kind of industrial elements of Igor with the overall aesthetic of Iron Man (I find Igor a bit goofy). Can definitely see both this and Shotgun getting made by HT, at some point. Don't know if I could bring myself to buy it but it's a very nice design.

Well, HT have said they want to make all 42 armors, but then, they said they'd release Batman Returns figures as well.

As Niltusk says, that is very cool. To me that has the kind of industrial elements of Igor with the overall aesthetic of Iron Man (I find Igor a bit goofy). Can definitely see both this and Shotgun getting made by HT, at some point. Don't know if I could bring myself to buy it but it's a very nice design.

:yess:
Shotgun please :pray:

He obviously does, but I don't know if I'd take him at his word when it comes to stuff like Hot Rod or Disco (or even Bones). There are some pretty hideous designs out of those 42 that at best would be convention exclusives. For mainstream stuff, I don't think they have much left. Shotgun seems the most viable to me.

Sideshow is sending me a new torso because of my stripped chest light screw. Hopefully there is nothing wonky with removing the legs and arms, haven't popped them off yet.

They are pretty easy to remove, I'll probably need to contact sideshow too. The switch for the arc reactor on the back is loose so you can't really switch it, it just depresses down into the figure. Worked the first time to turn it on, must have not had enough glue on it cause when I went to turn it off it was no longer attached.

So playing with mine tonight, I noticed that my canon is a little loose. Once I plug it into his back and i bring down the cannon into "ready" mode, it is very loose, it doesn't always stay down, it is very easy to flip back up. Is this normal? Is anyone else's like this? Is anyone's more "tight" and sturdy?

He obviously does, but I don't know if I'd take him at his word when it comes to stuff like Hot Rod or Disco (or even Bones). There are some pretty hideous designs out of those 42 that at best would be convention exclusives. For mainstream stuff, I don't think they have much left. Shotgun seems the most viable to me.

Plus, you also have to consider that people may not be as excited over repaint mix-n-match armour after the first few, and a few years after the movie came out.

If I were a betting man my money wouldn't be on collector's passing on the remainder of Iron Man armors regardless if it takes Hot Toys a few years after the film debut to produce them all.

Got mine yesterday. Do love it - glad I didn't cancel! Something about gunmetal grey that makes it look sweet!
Oh and btw love the packaging design too! great job graphics dept.!

But honestly I'm afraid to pose it. After taking it out and moving it around for a few minutes the front waist flap fell off. No biggie, didn't break, took me 5-10min to snap it back on, and then moving it back into place the other front flap snapped off..ha! geesh that side took a little longer.

Then when removing one of the battery covers, the screw driver broke! ha what fun!
The best part is while I was doing this and getting a tiny bit frustrated, the gf says while rolling her eyes "The problems you have..."
haha all in good fun!

And this is only my second IM figure - I looked in my Avengers IM box and didn't see a screw driver, so off to the hardware store I guess!

Anyway, there are some stellar images shown in this thread by fellow board members - still in awe of them!!! Awesome images guys!

Here is mine. Boring pose I know, but I wanted to display them more as the suits of armor rather than having someone inside.
Woohoo! only one more figure to go (the Mk 42 will go next to WMII) and my Marvel case will be complete!!!.....(for now ha)

screen shot tool

capture

screen shot windows 7

That's an awesome setup! :clap but all these QC problem is making me nervous now. Seems more than usual?

Got mine yesterday. Do love it - glad I didn't cancel! Something about gunmetal grey that makes it look sweet!
Oh and btw love the packaging design too! great job graphics dept.!

But honestly I'm afraid to pose it. After taking it out and moving it around for a few minutes the front waist flap fell off. No biggie, didn't break, took me 5-10min to snap it back on, and then moving it back into place the other front flap snapped off..ha! geesh that side took a little longer.

Then when removing one of the battery covers, the screw driver broke! ha what fun!
The best part is while I was doing this and getting a tiny bit frustrated, the gf says while rolling her eyes "The problems you have..."
haha all in good fun!

And this is only my second IM figure - I looked in my Avengers IM box and didn't see a screw driver, so off to the hardware store I guess!

Anyway, there are some stellar images shown in this thread by fellow board members - still in awe of them!!! Awesome images guys!

Here is mine. Boring pose I know, but I wanted to display them more as the suits of armor rather than having someone inside.
Woohoo! only one more figure to go (the Mk 42 will go next to WMII) and my Marvel case will be complete!!!.....(for now ha)

screen shot windows 7

Your Marvel shelves look great! :clap

Finally decided to get on the wait list for this...Still love the WM 1 design more, but the more I see of this one, the more I like it...Just hope the wait list converts...

Matt

Back