1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a few quick pics, will do more this weekend.

12352040803_25db27ef37_b.jpg

12352318394_e3a4bca0f5_b.jpg

12351866615_4f3a347b20_b.jpg

Awesome pics man! Really crisp and clean! Good job!

The ball joints that hold the legs on mine are quite weak. They feel loose, I do not think it will hold well over time even in a standing pose, everything else on this is tight. I'm not a fan of diecast because of the extra weight, HT has made perfectly fine IMs out of plastic, and looking at it, you can't really tell if it's plastic or diecast until you actually pick it up.

That sucks, mine are pretty tight.

Anyone know if the Dynamic Figure Stand can hold this guy? I've been tempted to buy one but haven't pulled the trigger quite yet.

It actually says specifically in the instructions not to use any other stand other than the one it came with.

This figure is really amazing. Makes me think twice about ordering any other non die cast IM figure. Anyone install the chest batteries and notice if the light seems to "glow" even when turned off? Or do I have a faulty on/off switch?

This figure is really amazing. Makes me think twice about ordering any other non die cast IM figure. Anyone install the chest batteries and notice if the light seems to "glow" even when turned off? Or do I have a faulty on/off switch?

That seems odd, mine looks the same as it did pre install.

I realize what the instructions said but I don't always follow directions. I thought maybe someone who owns the dynamic stand had given it a try, like I would.

The ball joints that hold the legs on mine are quite weak. They feel loose, I do not think it will hold well over time even in a standing pose, everything else on this is tight. I'm not a fan of diecast because of the extra weight, HT has made perfectly fine IMs out of plastic, and looking at it, you can't really tell if it's plastic or diecast until you actually pick it up.

Tsk. Diecast. See! SEE!

I kid, I kid. I come bearing useful information, not condemnation.

Loose ball joints is a common problem in figures. Ball joints are great because of the range of motion, but they can loosen up to the point of floppiness. There is a cure! Pop the offending limb off, and place a small amount of blu-tac in the "hole". It not only fills the space, it is also slightly tacky, and will effectively cure loose ball joints forever. The ankles on my Mk IV had the same problem (damn thing wouldn't even stand), but after doing this, it is as solid as a rock, which is important to me, because I refuse to use stands.

I've done it to most of my figures at various joints. Easier than people who try to use superglue, and there's zero risk of damage to the figure involved, as it's non-reactive.

That sucks, mine are pretty tight.

Same here, and as Walker noted it's a common issue in collectible figures of all kinds. Kind of a production line crap shoot sort of thing, but if it's very bad you could inquire about a replacement.

I need to get some and use it on my Joker, his legs are horrible. What type of store normally sells blu-tac?

You don't have Blu-tac in America? It's that plasticiney like crap you use to put posters on walls.

Same here, and as Walker noted it's a common issue in collectible figures of all kinds. Kind of a production line crap shoot sort of thing, but if it's very bad you could inquire about a replacement.

Ah, bugger replacements. It's such an easy fix.

Tsk. Diecast. See! SEE!

I kid, I kid. I come bearing useful information, not condemnation.

Loose ball joints is a common problem in figures. Ball joints are great because of the range of motion, but they can loosen up to the point of floppiness. There is a cure! Pop the offending limb off, and place a small amount of blu-tac in the "hole". It not only fills the space, it is also slightly tacky, and will effectively cure loose ball joints forever. The ankles on my Mk IV had the same problem (damn thing wouldn't even stand), but after doing this, it is as solid as a rock, which is important to me, because I refuse to use stands.

I've done it to most of my figures at various joints. Easier than people who try to use superglue, and there's zero risk of damage to the figure involved, as it's non-reactive.

Thanks for the info, I have some other HTs with filmsy joints too, but I still am able to pose them decently. I usually don't pose my figures with stands either, most of they are displayed stand free, but the weight of the diecast combined with the filmsy joints will throw this figure off balance easily, and in the long run it will probably weaken even more due to the weight. I guess only time will tell. Like I said, I have it displayed with the rest of my plastic IMs and you cannot tell the difference between plastic and diecast unless you actually pick it up.

Thanks for the info, I have some other HTs with filmsy joints too, but I still am able to pose them decently. I usually don't pose my figures with stands either, most of they are displayed stand free, but the weight of the diecast combined with the filmsy joints will throw this figure off balance easily, and in the long run it will probably weaken even more due to the weight. I guess only time will tell. Like I said, I have it displayed with the rest of my plastic IMs and you cannot tell the difference between plastic and diecast unless you actually pick it up.

Maybe it's my lighting but i have had two friends (who did not know it was diecast when they 1st looked at it) say it looked more real. When i told them it was diecast they said they could tell something was different from the others. Might be the paint having a more dull metal look and the rest having a glossy plastic look. When i get IP and its shiny paint job I will know for sure.

Maybe it's my lighting but i have had two friends (who did not know it was diecast when they 1st looked at it) say it looked more real. When i told them it was diecast they said they could tell something was different from the others. Might be the paint having a more dull metal look and the rest having a glossy plastic look. When i get IP and its shiny paint job I will know for sure.

I must say I really like the more matte finish a lot, if definitely works for War Machine. I've been contemplating the same paint look on a Thumper figure, and now I really reeeally want that armor :drool :lol

Qn5eW62.png

I must say I really like the more matte finish a lot, if definitely works for War Machine. I've been contemplating the same paint look on a Thumper figure, and now I really reeeally want that armor :drool :lol

Qn5eW62.png

That is really cool armor, I can't remember were those jackhammers of doom mounted back further before he landed? Did he have fists? Its really cool how hes got that industrial danger paintjob on the shoulders and forearms.

That is really cool armor, I can't remember were those jackhammers of doom mounted back further before he landed? Did he have fists? Its really cool how hes got that industrial danger paintjob on the shoulders and forearms.

From behind you can see where the "arms" with repulsors but no real hands are a bit more clearly, underneath the jackhammers

cq63kK8.png

WzIXkIy.png

NFOdPej.png

CR3Ej1i.png

And then the hammer part extends out when he punts the baddies
GcBF4eV.png

Thanks, yeah, I guess I was being roundabout with my question, I was basically wondering if he had the repulsors. :lol

His paint scheme is even cooler from behind, would definitely make for an interesting figure.

Back