1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about missing a point...

Bold 1: I agree but its even more ridiculous coming from a new member, it would be like HD (a doctor) being tol what to do by a med student... med student may have similar education or be top of his class but a doctor still wouldn't appreciate being told what to do by a student. (Im not referring to consultations or anything, just a loose example)

Oh god. Length of membership or post count doesn't mean crap. I hate it when I see people rag on others because of their total post count. Just because someone is on here and been here for 5 years and has 30,000 posts doesn't mean they're doctor status. lol It just means one posts a lot. Says nothing about the intelligence of one's posts. I think the forums in general know who are legit in knowledge and those who just inflate their post counts.

I think your doctor analogy is flawed. You know nothing about HDGuys level of experience and metaphorically have reduced him to a “med student” on this forum based solely on his number of posts.

A more apt analogy would be if a new doctor showed up in the ER and HDGuy dismissed his opinion based solely on the fact that he had only been in his ER for a few months.

I will reiterate that I honestly believe that MrWalkers intentions are not to influence people wth his opinions. I feel he does it in the true spirit of a troll and I can not believe the mods let him get away with it.

BTW: I get my Gantry tomorrow and my WM Wednesday :)

Like I said it was loose analogy, I obviously wasnt meaning it to a tee...

anyways, moving on I have no "beef" with him and can respect his job and duties as I work in Healthcare as well, and obviously he is more educated than I and that is what it is. but to tell someone else that they shouldn't be aloud to post their opinion came off as a bit douchey, so I made a crack at it, that is all

My initial post on that had the dreaded autocorrect mishap. The intended phrasing was meant to be "You're welcome to not post as well." I hadn't intended to instruct anyone to do anything, I was merely telling him he is welcome to his opinion but he is also welcome to not post it as it would appear most are not concerned with it.

Just like Lipsmack (which you clearly do a lot of). You're welcome to not post as well. Are you going to purchase this figure?

My initial post on that had the dreaded autocorrect mishap. The intended phrasing was meant to be "You're welcome to not post as well." I hadn't intended to instruct anyone to do anything, I was merely telling him he is welcome to his opinion but he is also welcome to not post it as it would appear most are not concerned with it.

Just like Lipsmack (which you clearly do a lot of). You're welcome to not post as well. Are you going to purchase this figure?

Thanks but no thanks, and no I will not be buying it... But ill ***** about it as much as I want to... and to be clear I havent really been *****ing anyways just talking about how I will need to wait and see what happens over the next year or so

Oh god. Length of membership or post count doesn't mean crap. I hate it when I see people rag on others because of their total post count. Just because someone is on here and been here for 5 years and has 30,000 posts doesn't mean they're doctor status. lol It just means one posts a lot. Says nothing about the intelligence of one's posts. I think the forums in general know who are legit in knowledge and those who just inflate their post counts.

Your signature is golden, much like this post sir. I agree completely.

Just like I stated in an earlier post- I was paroozing this forum for nearly a year prior to actually registering and posting. I am pretty versed in a few of the subjects/releases and am obtaining knowledge daily. Evidently because I do not comment on every thread available at all times of the day and into the night for years upon years my knowledge is infintile... illogical if you ask me.

What is the criteria? Join date? Post count? The combination of the two? Perhaps how many figures I own? Or the theme of my collection? If I own more Marvel as opposed to DC am I awesome or a jackass? Apparently Lipsmack is the subject-matter-expert in this regard (to make it abundtly clear yes this was typed with sarcasm in mind). So if I joined in say 2005 and only have 65 posts then my opinion doesn't mean anything? What if I joined January 2014 but went on a rampage and have a post count of 3,565- does that make me King of Sideshow Freaks? What is the tipping point here?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyways............

Would anyone be interested in a reinforced semi-poseable (emphasis on semi-poseable) flight stand? I have an engineer buddy that seems to think he might be able to fashion something that might work. All of it is simply a sketch and words on a page at the moment mind you, but he is an expert.

WTB: one mod to clean this forum up! I came to hear about war machine, not another diecast flame war.

I agree with HDGuy84’s assessment that MRWalkers posts are not in the spirit of posting an opinion, MrWalker does that to goad and bait other members.

At risk of being labelled a troll, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't speak for my intent. I've said my piece, and my objections are for none of the reasons you or others have invented for me. Just not a fan of the stuff. Fin.

We've all had our say (many of us more than once, myself included) now let's drop it. Me, I'm not offended, and I may have been a little snarky, so if anyone else was offended, that wasn't my intent. :)

:exactly: It's getting very old

Keeping everyone occupied until the figure arrives. :D

Dying over here! When will the reg wait list convert!? Arghhhhh. And here I was feeling all
comfy because everyone was talking about Iron Patriot and Mark 42. Now the only IM3 piece
I have any interest in is waitlisted. Murphy's Law I suppose.

Tomorrow for me!!! I get Supes tomorrow too but it will come to my office which means in the morning. Then WM at my apartment which is in the evening.

Tomorrow for me!!! I get Supes tomorrow too but it will come to my office which means in the morning. Then WM at my apartment which is in the evening.

Congrats! Mine will be in my hands tomorrow. I changed the shipping to just keep it at UPS and I'll pick it up on my way home from work. Gonna take a half day off tomorrow and grab it.

Back