1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's two kinds of exclusives. The first War Machine MK II had an SSC exclusive of a holographic WM. You could buy WM MK II from various retailers, but only SSC had the little green holographic WM as an accessory. This AOU WM MK II is exclusive in that SSC is the sole distributor, so you can't buy the figure anywhere else.

That explains, thanks!

There's two kinds of exclusives. The first War Machine MK II had an SSC exclusive of a holographic WM. You could buy WM MK II from various retailers, but only SSC had the little green holographic WM as an accessory. This AOU WM MK II is exclusive in that SSC is the sole distributor, so you can't buy the figure anywhere else.

it was available during the HT AOU asian tour. well atleast at my place. but you need to join the lucky draw to be entitled to purchase. sort of raffle i guess. :dunno

Seeing them next to each other I'm glad I stuck with the original wm and not the repaint! Way too dark and the silver breaks it up much better!

Having bought this many months ago and left it sitting in its box, I finally opened it today (after opening the AoU version first!). Have to say that I really like this version and prefer the red around the eyes and chest. Think I prefer the cleaner, un-scuffed look too. Going to keep both though!!

war.jpg

got it for a great deal from toy anxiety..this thing is a beast! lol..
love it!

11717289_10204701961044082_891890141_n.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439528564.157063.jpg

Love this figure. Like how he is still bulky a la war machine but is sleak at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dredging this thread up to advise I'm selling mine for $210 US shipped in NA (excluding usual places ;)). Really beautiful figure but making as much room as possible for upcoming SW releases. Only one condition but please PM for details.

Got this in a trade, pretty cool figure.
One problem tho, one feetis a tiny bit loose.
How to TIGHTEN it, the allé joint that is ?
Thanks

I've decided to attempt to repainted my iron man 3 mark 2 into the hot rod armor. I know that technically I should be using the patriot armor as a base, but being that I just bought the age of ultron mark 2, I have no place for the iron man 3 version.

I started stripping the paint last night, and wow, the bare metal just looks so cool. I'm half tempted to go buy a new head and make up my own house party armor.

It's a shame it's not all made of metal. That would have been a great look.

i agree. the protruding pieces on the other side seem to be made of plastic.

but still, it'd be cool if they had an armor with a color scheme designed around the exposed metal pieces.

i was also thinking that, once i'm done, i may add some real wear and tear, it might look a little more realistic with the metal showing through rather than doing it with paint.

Great idea.

Yeah.. I have one or two every few years lol.

I really wanted to try my hand at making my own hot rod figure.. But the more I look at the bare metal, the more I'd like to design a paint scheme around it. We'll see.

Back