1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a wonder why the regular MK4 diecast isn't just around the corner.

The MK 4 is basically the 6 with a new chest and different paint job. And it is a repaint of the Arc Reactor/MK V face sculpt and a repaint of the gantry. And than this repainted MK4 is being teased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the gantry. That’s a lot of additional assembly and paint and it’s two separate box designs as well. Even though one is a slight retool(figure) and the other just a reissue. Still gotta make them and the gantry is a lot of little parts to make then assemble then paint.

Does anyone know what the buying process is like for these con exclusive items (assuming that it makes it to SDCC this year)? It's my first time going to SDCC with the intentions of buying figures, if this is off topic let me know. Thanks!

This won’t be at sdcc I don’t think. The description says a show in China and the Shanghai Disney store.

Probably the gantry. That’s a lot of additional assembly and paint and it’s two separate box designs as well. Even though one is a slight retool(figure) and the other just a reissue. Still gotta make them and the gantry is a lot of little parts to make then assemble then paint.

Yeah but look at deluxe spidey, re was released Months before, they could do the same thing with mk 4

Does anyone know what the buying process is like for these con exclusive items (assuming that it makes it to SDCC this year)? It's my first time going to SDCC with the intentions of buying figures, if this is off topic let me know. Thanks!

You can either preorder them through Sideshow so they have one reserved for you, or typically just show up at their booth and buy it on the spot. Sideshow's booth isn't that hard to buy from since they don't get the crazy lines for exclusives that other booths have.

Didn't they do something similar with the Bones Retro version last year?

Bones Retro and Sneaky we’re both available for pickup last SDCC. I would imagine they’ll have this available for pick up as the Shanghai show is before SDCC, but who can say for sure.

I still laugh evertime RDJ is next to others on screen as he’s usually elevated or they have to stand further behind him so he doesn’t look so short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s some shenanigans going on there, looks like he’s on stilts in those shots lol

This would make an awesome stealth suit--I know Hot Toys already released one, but this one, even thougj it doesn't look exactly like it, just has more of that vibe to it (and I picked up the issue where it first appeared off the stands 30 years ago.)

Yeah but look at deluxe spidey, re was released Months before, they could do the same thing with mk 4

True, they could release it early. It happens a couple times a year. I thought the question was why isn’t it out already because its just a slight change and new paint from the mk6.

Yeah I don’t expect this at sdcc. Usually it’s PO then it’s out after.

SSC has Dark Side Anakin for PO but it's pick up only at SDCC. I wonder if they will do the same with this figure. Seems really odd they're doing that at all.

SSC has Dark Side Anakin for PO but it's pick up only at SDCC. I wonder if they will do the same with this figure. Seems really odd they're doing that at all.

They have done it in the past with a few other exclusives before. I imagine its only a matter of time before this one gets listed too.

They did this last year, Shades and Retro Bones were listed but only as "Pickup at SDCC", like Anakin is now. Last year they said they would list it for normal PO after comic con if they still had stock. Panic ensued, scalpers bought them at comic con as they thought they'd be rare and listed them for crazy prices, but they still had plenty left after it was all said and done, in fact they sat in stock on SS for a while.

They did this last year, Shades and Retro Bones were listed but only as "Pickup at SDCC", like Anakin is now. Last year they said they would list it for normal PO after comic con if they still had stock. Panic ensued, scalpers bought them at comic con as they thought they'd be rare and listed them for crazy prices, but they still had plenty left after it was all said and done, in fact they sat in stock on SS for a while.

True, I bought Bones like this...

Seems incomplete without the arc reactor, it's the whole point of the suit. If it had one i would pick it up

Damn, I was really excited to see this pop up at first too, but you're right the outfit just doesn't look nearly as cool without the reactor (or without the sunglasses for that matter). :(

Seen this on Facebook.

63f4aa2ef0de668d66f3c3f5e837527f.jpg

66de38f23cc48929740d4986365d5e23.jpg

Back