1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War- Rocket and Groot set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if TA will part these out? I have no interest in owning a Groot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I haven’t been able to find Rocket’s gun parted out so i guess I’ll get the set. At least the box is nice ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my set yesterday, pretty happy with them, but the payoff will be when IW Thor gets here!

On a side note… anyone figure out how to attach the 3-hook strap to Rocket's Gun?
No mention of it in the instructions (which is really odd), and I cannot make any sense of
what three areas it hooks onto.

Got my set yesterday, pretty happy with them, but the payoff will be when IW Thor gets here!

On a side note… anyone figure out how to attach the 3-hook strap to Rocket's Gun?
No mention of it in the instructions (which is really odd), and I cannot make any sense of

Appears to be 2 places on top of the gun and one in back - see below.

PD15204091647jf.jpg

Here you go.

EDIT: Be careful with the highlighted area. Plastic is very thin, I wasn’t using much force to remove the hook and one side of the hinge broke off from the rifle.

2AAABC21-F0D2-41DC-BBC6-4FB5749F39F0.jpeg

Anyone else a bit annoyed that the games console and the gun we get aren't in the film? Unless I'm mistaken, the games console is a different one and so is the gun Rocket uses.

Anyone else a bit annoyed that the games console and the gun we get aren't in the film? Unless I'm mistaken, the games console is a different one and so is the gun Rocket uses.
Don’t care that much about groots game. A little bummed the gun is the one Drax uses in Vol2 when he is attached to the back of the Milano and not the one Rocket uses in wakanda but it is still a bad ass gun and closer to the one he used in iW vs the big gun that comes with the deluxe rocket

It's not even the same gun Drax uses when fighting the Sovereign so it must be something from Infinity War concept. It's still a cool gun and quite similar. I just think it's a bit pointless providing accessories that don't actually represent the characters from the movie.

I originally wanted to get Groot individually, then get the Rocket from GotG 2 (because it had an alternate non-screaming head), but ultimately went with this for continuity’s sake. I like it, but at the same time it wouldn’t surprise me to see this on sale (free shipping, double RP,s, etc) in the next few months. There’s only so much you can do with Rocket, poseability-wise, and Groot is Groot. Would have loved to see some swap out long, curled tentacle-branch arms for Groot (and a 2nd Rocket head, but I digress).

First time buyers will love it, but if you have any of the prior versions there’s a feeling of “been there, done that, how much did I pay for this again?”

Just got Groot off eBay for 187 shipped. I used the 15% off code today. Felt this was a more appropriate price for him. It’s about what the original Groot went for. He will just be standing playing his game. I probably will sell his gun.

Sweet deal on deadpool I was debating on quicksilver (only character I don’t have at least one version of). But after bigbadtoystores store credit sale I’ve kinda hit my limit. Still waiting on some ebays sales I have going before I can buy more. Luckily I don’t see quicksilver rising in value as it’s just keeps going down.

Grabbed this with the 15% off on eBay. I toyed really hard on waiting to get the rocket set, but I couldn't bring myself to. I'm fine with multiple versions of a character but I couldn't justify the massive price jump to get the same figure again. I'l just have Rocket be the bridge between the cosmic IW trio and the GOTG shelves. If I do it right he can fit right in.

Got a decent bonus check today so decided to just pay this set off in full. SS already took the payment so this should ship any time now. Looking forward to adding these 2. Now to find a damn rocket closed mouth sculpt.

:( :( :( :( :( :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Right out of the box!

0831182024b.jpg
0831182025.jpg
0831182028.jpg

He just fell apart in my hands :horror He never had a chance. It was like watching the movie all over again. I was so hyped to get him :(

This was the single Groot figure, not the double pack. I think the box they are using is too short and Groot is to tall. When I put him back in the box, even with broken legs, there was pressure pushing the legs into the hips putting stress on the joints. And he couldn't lay completely flat. Maybe its a combination of the box being too short and the screws they're using to connect the legs being too long. There was no damage anywhere on the shipper box either. All the reviews I have seen have been for the 2 pack, which has a different shaped box and no one has reported any problems with that one.

Back