1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. And I hear there will be a 1/4 iron man announced before sdcc which would be available around quarter 2 next year so there’s another one.

Gotcha. 1/4 scale Mark VII would probably make folks lose their minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it sounds crazy, but I almost feel like it would’ve been better to not make this suit die cast, or even plastic for that matter.

Seeing how this suit works on screen, I think it would’ve been really cool if they had somehow made the entire figure with a rubber like material the same way they make hulk and thanos’s arms, with some plastic parts for the helmet and hands and so on.

I know it sounds crazy, but I almost feel like it would’ve been better to not make this suit die cast, or even plastic for that matter.

Seeing how this suit works on screen, I think it would’ve been really cool if they had somehow made the entire figure with a rubber like material the same way they make hulk and thanos’s arms, with some plastic parts for the helmet and hands and so on.

You’re right. :lol

Considering all of the issues HT has had with just rubber arms, that thing would be a nightmare.

It's too bad they're not making civilian Stark figures anymore. I thought he had the coolest outfit yet in this movie, and would frankly much rather have it than the armor.

tony-stark-doctor-strange-wong-and-bruce-banner-in-avengers-infinity-war-4k-1440x2960~01~01~01.jpg

It's too bad they're not making civilian Stark figures anymore. I thought he had the coolest outfit yet in this movie, and would frankly much rather have it than the armor.

I'd never rule it out, at least not at this point, could be a Toy Fair exclusive perhaps. I'd definitely be interested in that one.

I'd never rule it out, at least not at this point, could be a Toy Fair exclusive perhaps. I'd definitely be interested in that one.

If they did that it would be awesome with both mid assembling/ battle damage pieces. That way we get our BD mk50 and a cool suiting up display :lecture

Maybe with pieces that magnet on to him or snap together over his body?

How would it look with creases when you bend the arms or legs or anything ???

Yea I don't think that would quite work out like the IM3 Stark where you could switch the arms and feet with the armor, his IW outfit is too baggy to accommodate that, not to mention he had short sleeves for IM3. I'd be fine with just a Stark figure and no armor truthfully.

Yea I don't think that would quite work out like the IM3 Stark where you could switch the arms and feet with the armor, his IW outfit is too baggy to accommodate that, not to mention he had short sleeves for IM3. I'd be fine with just a Stark figure and no armor truthfully.

Yeah he hits the draw strings on his jacket and it shrinks down similar to spider's homecoming suit. So I could see something where maybe the iron man pieces look like they have the outfit underneath or something like that.

I think that's the first time I've heard someone actually wanting a rubber figure.

I understand what you're saying, but that would not be fun for anyone involved. And I don't think rubber matches the armor composition at all. It might be nano tech, but it's still solid armor.

Quick question for those of you that have preordered through SS. I was thinking of preordering a couple of HT figures through them. I have never done so in the past. I'm curious to hear about your services from them. I would be ordering from CA USA. Would I be better of ordering locally? One item I can and the other I can't. I'm also curious about the payment plans they have. Am I able to pay earlier than the months they allot for? Example they want $50 for four months starting January, can I pay in August if I want to?

Thank you

Quick question for those of you that have preordered through SS. I was thinking of preordering a couple of HT figures through them. I have never done so in the past. I'm curious to hear about your services from them. I would be ordering from CA USA. Would I be better of ordering locally? One item I can and the other I can't. I'm also curious about the payment plans they have. Am I able to pay earlier than the months they allot for? Example they want $50 for four months starting January, can I pay in August if I want to?

Thank you

Sideshow has good customer service in my opinion. People have their views but in my experience they have been good. If something is wrong with your figure, being the official supplier of Hot Toys, they carry excess inventory for replacements if needed.

If you’re in CA, you’ll pay tax, and shipping isn’t the cheapest, but yes the payment plans are very good.

You can pay off payment plans early at any time.

Sideshow has good customer service in my opinion. People have their views but in my experience they have been good. If something is wrong with your figure, being the official supplier of Hot Toys, they carry excess inventory for replacements if needed.

If you’re in CA, you’ll pay tax, and shipping isn’t the cheapest, but yes the payment plans are very good.

You can pay off payment plans early at any time.

Ok great thank you. Tax as in on the figure or import tax? I was under the impression that USA does not pay import tax duties. I have never paid any when I ordered from Japan.

What does shipping normally run? I remember the Hulkbuster having a really low shipping charge for what it was. I talking about the new Iron Man. I might get the Iron Spidey from a USA seller if shipping is a rip. But I do like the option of paying smaller amounts of money each month until the figures are released.

Ok great thank you. Tax as in on the figure or import tax? I was under the impression that USA does not pay import tax duties. I have never paid any when I ordered from Japan.

What does shipping normally run? I remember the Hulkbuster having a really low shipping charge for what it was. I talking about the new Iron Man. I might get the Iron Spidey from a USA seller if shipping is a rip. But I do like the option of paying smaller amounts of money each month until the figures are released.

Tax on the figure. No, no import tax.

$15-$20 shipping usually, at least for me from Cali to GA.

$20 shipping for the most recent Mark V Diecast as an example.

Sideshow is located in California so if you also live in Cali, you will have to pay sales tax.

I usually order through them, but their shipping rates can be high for some folks and most everything now requires a non refundable deposit when ordering. The Reward Points are nice, but some retailers like Timewalker or Secret Compass can give you a small discount on figures to balance it out. FlexPay is also nice, but you can also just put aside money each month as well. They do get their figures earlier than other retailers since they distribute them if that's important to you.

Because they are the distributor for Hot Toys, I personally find it easiest to go through them in case I need replacement parts, which happens. They're generally very helpful and I've only had one or two instances where I wasn't happy with the level of support I received over hundreds of figures and statues.

But usually other retailers are good about getting you replacement parts from Sideshow or replacing the figure as well.
If you don't want to pay sales tax, good options are Big Bad Toy Store, Timewalker, and Secret Compass. A lot of folks here go with BBTS for the $4 shipping and usually no deposit and ease of cancelling orders. Timewalker is another favorite with excellent customer service and some small discounts off of figures. Secret Compass has always been very helpful for me and they've always helped me out in the past.

Also, places like Big Bad Toy Store and Timewalker will pack the shipper box in another box for you at no additional cost which is nice to get, whereas Sideshow will just ship it out in the shipper. That doesn't matter to everyone, but it makes a difference for some.

Last edited:
Sideshow is located in California so if you also live in Cali, you will have to pay sales tax.

I usually order through them, but their shipping rates can be high for some folks and most everything now requires a non refundable deposit when ordering. The Reward Points are nice, but some retailers like Timewalker or Secret Compass can give you a small discount on figures to balance it out. FlexPay is also nice, but you can also just put aside money each month as well. They do get their figures earlier than other retailers since they distribute them if that's important to you.

Because they are the distributor for Hot Toys, I personally find it easiest to go through them in case I need replacement parts, which happens. They're generally very helpful and I've only had one or two instances where I wasn't happy with the level of support I received over hundreds of figures and statues.

But usually other retailers are good about getting you replacement parts from Sideshow or replacing the figure as well.
If you don't want to pay sales tax, good options are Big Bad Toy Store, Timewalker, and Secret Compass. A lot of folks here go with BBTS for the $4 shipping and usually no deposit and ease of cancelling orders. Timewalker is another favorite with excellent customer service and some small discounts off of figures. Secret Compass has always been very helpful for me and they've always helped me out in the past.

Also, places like Big Bad Toy Store and Timewalker will pack the shipper box in another box for you at no additional cost which is nice to get, whereas Sideshow will just ship it out in the shipper. That doesn't matter to everyone, but it makes a difference for some.

Perfect explanation.

Back