1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

The X isn’t meant to be the iPhone 10. It’s the tenth anniversary iPhone, just fyi

All good. I had just had that conversation yesterday with my nephew. Lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

My 7 year old asked me what the deal with that was as well after I took him the other day ha

He really wants to know what armors are missing. I talked him into Hulkbuster but he doesn’t buy Iron Spider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta be honest, I don't think any of that required a spoiler tag... That being said, I had suggested the possibility of 48 being the Iron Spider suit not too long ago, but after thinking about it more, I doubt Tony would number an armor he made for someone else in his numbering system. But, I think that the A17 designation was just whatever compartment the suit happened to be in that it ejected from at the Avengers compound.

I'm hypersensitive about spoiler tags being used for a movie that just released. I was typing on mobile and thought I may potentially mention a spoiler, so out of courtesy I added the tag, but I guess I didn't really say anything tag-worthy lol.

Then all the fanfic explanations come out, the wikis all get edited, and people take it as gospel.. Last I read the Iron Man wiki had Mark 45 as being vibranium, presumably because of the whole Wakanda/vibranium thing going on the background.. I mean, was there ever anything official to suggest the 45 was vibranium? lol..

Fan fiction facts are the best! Yeah I remember reading that vibranium theory floating around, but there definitely wasn't anything to suggest that Tony Stark stole some vibranium himself as they were confronting Ultron :lol

My 7 year old asked me what the deal with that was as well after I took him the other day ha

He really wants to know what armors are missing. I talked him into Hulkbuster but he doesn’t buy Iron Spider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Iron Spider theory was the only one I could come up with based on 2 viewings of IW, and I don't even believe it lol. It's just weird, that's all. Maybe there will be a slightly less OP version of the 50 in A4 that will be the 48/49. But I pretty much expect there to be something of equal capabilities as the 50 in A4. Maybe Thor can take him to Nidavellir to create another new element composed of a neutron star, nanotech, and vibranium :pray:

The 49 is probably what he’ll have in A4 since the 50 is toast and he shouldn’t have time to make a 51.

He should have plenty of time rumor is A4 takes place a year or two after this one. They need to regroup, come up with a plan and find Thanos that will take some time.

I think the 49 was just left behind as everything happened quickly. So we did not get to see it and might not ever see it.

I haven't been keeping tabs on the Mark numbers beyond the original 7 and the main "hero" armors. Could War Machine possible count on the Armor mark versions? The first WM was the Mark 2. How about the IP/WM2? Could IW WM be considered Mk 49?

I haven't been keeping tabs on the Mark numbers beyond the original 7 and the main "hero" armors. Could War Machine possible count on the Armor mark versions? The first WM was the Mark 2. How about the IP/WM2? Could IW WM be considered Mk 49?

It could. However none of the war machine suits have been a part of the mk numbers thus far. The mk2 was the first regular iron man suit and then later it was converted by hammer into the war machine mk1. Then all the war machine suits have been numbered the same way as the iron man suits. Mk2,3,4.

That's a good question, I mean I wouldn't mind both, but I did have the regular IV for a long time and ended up selling it when the diecast was announced. I really liked this armor too though :lol Maybe I'm trying to convince myself I can't have both, when I really can. Idk, indecisive is pretty much tattooed on my forehead

Its totally justifiable because I was in the same dilemma. The Mark 6 used to be my FAVORITE suit in the world. Till other suits came out. But when the diecast came out for the Mark 6, I insta preordered. But when this figure came out, I had to make a choice. I cant buy them all. But looking back all the pictures and the figure reviews that came out for the Mark 6 Diecast...You have to admit, it does look a tiny bit dated. Its just like new cars. You would think you settled on the best car, until you see next years, or the year after the next. It always just keeps on getting better.

At the end of the day, I did end up getting Mark 5, which was my second favorite. To me, the Mark 5 scene defined what Iron Man was. That racing scene when Mark 5 came out to me was the coolest scene in the world. It has definitely became an iconic armor for me. Its also different enough for me to justify that purchase. I guess everyone will have their own justification. Whats yours? :)

Its totally justifiable because I was in the same dilemma. The Mark 6 used to be my FAVORITE suit in the world. Till other suits came out. But when the diecast came out for the Mark 6, I insta preordered. But when this figure came out, I had to make a choice. I cant buy them all. But looking back all the pictures and the figure reviews that came out for the Mark 6 Diecast...You have to admit, it does look a tiny bit dated. Its just like new cars. You would think you settled on the best car, until you see next years, or the year after the next. It always just keeps on getting better.

At the end of the day, I did end up getting Mark 5, which was my second favorite. To me, the Mark 5 scene defined what Iron Man was. That racing scene when Mark 5 came out to me was the coolest scene in the world. It has definitely became an iconic armor for me. Its also different enough for me to justify that purchase. I guess everyone will have their own justification. Whats yours? :)

Haha, yea I'm going to go ahead and keep my orders for the IV and the L, that way I have my top 3 suits and that's it (until the next movie I suppose).
Mark IV is still my fav suit, maybe its just for how hyped I was for IM2 to come out and him sitting in the donut is one of my favorite scenes.
I love the lights & classic suit design of XLVI and the fight scenes in Civil War were awesome. And now this new suit, I loved since that initial SDCC poster showed the top half of the suit, plus I gotta have him to go along with Thanos.
I love the progression between these 3 looking at them at once.
IM1.jpg

Haha, yea I'm going to go ahead and keep my orders for the IV and the L, that way I have my top 3 suits and that's it (until the next movie I suppose).
Mark IV is still my fav suit, maybe its just for how hyped I was for IM2 to come out and him sitting in the donut is one of my favorite scenes.
I love the lights & classic suit design of XLVI and the fight scenes in Civil War were awesome. And now this new suit, I loved since that initial SDCC poster showed the top half of the suit, plus I gotta have him to go along with Thanos.

The reason why I like Iron Man Mark 45 is that the armor looks sleek and very organic. The armor has a very nice color and finish and in the movie he looked phenomenal. I also do like the face plate as well as it looks like the Ultron face.

I like the mark 47 armor because it's a mix of straight lines and curved lines and also the color scheme is a little bit different from your standard red gold look. Although I think it looks amazing in the Mark 46 color scheme I decided to go with the mark 47. the Mark 46 in Civil War looked pretty ugly and the color was pretty boring as well as it was different from the color on the figure.

The mark 50 is my next pre-order and I'm pretty selective when it comes to purchasing Iron Man's as I currently only have two and the mark 50 will be my third. The mark 50 armor Is really organic looking with Sleek lines. The initial photos of the fairy attachments and all of the gauntlets actually turn me off. It was only until I saw the standing up straight Museum poses of the figure in Hong Kong and in other photographs that prompted me to have an interest in the figure. But overall after seeing the movie I must admit The mark 50 was absolutely amazing.

teqrwj65.jpg

I really like this design but still undecided with the price point. Think it would be a no brainer for me if they had battle damage pieces that could swap out to replicate the look of the nanotech rebuilding the suit mid way like this:

Attachments

• avengers-infinitywar-trailerbreakdown-ironman-titan-damage-700x289.jpg
    avengers-infinitywar-trailerbreakdown-ironman-titan-damage-700x289.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 310
He should have plenty of time rumor is A4 takes place a year or two after this one. They need to regroup, come up with a plan and find Thanos that will take some time.

I think the 49 was just left behind as everything happened quickly. So we did not get to see it and might not ever see it.

I am wondering if the 48 and 49 are not the Hulk Buster and Hulk Buster 2.0.

Never heard an official designation for them. Just the name HT gave them.

View attachment 407677

Very similar to what I'll have except substitute the IV for VI (very similar suit), and the 46 for the 43 (also very similar)

I also have the III, but those 3 will be my Avenger suits..

I'm seriously considering buying this just to flip it to eventually pay for the Civil War version I liked the best. I'm a patient man...

The reason why I like Iron Man Mark 45 is that the armor looks sleek and very organic. The armor has a very nice color and finish and in the movie he looked phenomenal. I also do like the face plate as well as it looks like the Ultron face.

I like the mark 47 armor because it's a mix of straight lines and curved lines and also the color scheme is a little bit different from your standard red gold look. Although I think it looks amazing in the Mark 48 I decided to go with the mark 47. the Mark 48 in Civil War looked pretty ugly and the color was pretty boring as well.

The mark 50 is my next pre-order and I'm pretty selective when it comes to purchasing Iron Man's as I currently only have two and the mark 50 will be my third. The mark 50 armor Is really organic looking with Sleek lines. The initial photos of the fairy attachments and all of the gauntlets actually turn me off. It was only until I saw the standing up straight Museum poses of the figure in Hong Kong and in other photographs that prompted me to have an interest in the figure. But overall after seeing the movie I must admit The mark 50 was absolutely amazing.

View attachment 407721

What mark 48 are you referring to? There were no ugly armor in Civil War.... Did you see a version of that movie no one else saw?

What mark 48 are you referring to? There were no ugly armor in Civil War.... Did you see a version of that movie no one else saw?

My bad, I always thought the 46 from Civil war was newer than the homecoming one. I didnt like the color of the 46 in the civil war movie but the figure had a nicer redand looked alright.

I remember how I thought the 45 looked so slick but the 46 and 50 makes it look so chunky now....

Back