1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45 is a bit beefier looking to me as well. 45 like bodybuilder, 46 more like a muscular athlete, 50 like a cyclist body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the reasoning that the Mystery Mark 48/49 Armor (Once again, whichever isn't the Hulkbuster v2) is essentially the prototype "test" armor for the eventual Mark 50. We knew Tony was headed that way with his Nano-tech Mark 50, so it's pretty safe to assume he had an armor in there as an almost near-perfected model.

The Infinity War Moviebook coming out might have some concept of the Mark 48/49 "mystery armor".

Good taste.

I assume its because they each best represent the two sides of Iron Man's armor style -- the 6 is a hard-edged, traditional armor style; bulky, blocky, mechanical... while the 45 is the more organic, sleek, futuristic style in keeping with idealistic nanotech and Bleeding Edge armors.

Nah, it’s cuz they purrty. Lol

Actually, though, for me it’s more about the size and believability of the man in a can look. The 6 and 45 both are big and barrel chested with a much smaller taper to the waist then most the suits. That’s my main reason for liking them. And then it’s the overall design. I like the silver on the 6 and the triangle over the circle compared to the 4 so the 6 would be my favorite early suit for those reasons. The 45 left the paneling of the 42/43 behind but looks more like a next evolution of the early 7 suits. Kinda like a sanded down mk7, but with more bulk. I know a lot of people think it looks organic and I suppose it does, but for me I don’t get that feeling from it. I do with like the 50. But the 45, for me, is just a natural evolution of the early suits in the way that cars are done. Often edges are smoothed out and dranwn out and simplified in a third or fourth or whatever generation car. Look at the mustangs for example. The 65 had a lot of hard edges then 66 smoothed them a bit and that kept happening every year till the car was rebooted with the fox body in the 80s. Just kinda how we humans evolve design stuff. Happens in a lot of mediums. Lol ok sorry for the weird rant. New pain meds. Should have just stuck with them being pretty.

No, its interesting to hear people's preferences and why. Unique views.

For just fun sake, I also love the Mk 1... if that even counts. :lol It's total junkyard Iron Man. I can't wait for the diecast version. Hope its proper scale this time. It'll be huge.

MK1 counts. i had mine in the spotlight up front and center with HB, DC MK6, DC WM MK1 behind it like backup dancers for awhile. It's an awesome figure.

Mark 43 for my favorite suit, Mark 47 for my variant of choice, Mark 5 for my curveball option. Somewhere in there is Shotgun but comparatively, the other three win.

i can never pick a favorite. I think it's one then i look at another one and think of everything i like about that one. Then i think of how much i like the detail on a different one, but the paint on this one is amazing but this other one was so badass in the movie and the other one over there was never in a movie but it's so cool, etc, etc, etc :lol

I loved the way the 45 looked in the movie but I don’t think HT nailed the sculpt, helmet, or color...although I haven’t seen it in person. Color is debatable but I preferred the darker cgi red.

So finally saw infinity war and I gotta say that this is one of my least favourite armors. It wasn't metallic enough for my taste and was more like a glorified jump suit.

No, its interesting to hear people's preferences and why. Unique views.

For just fun sake, I also love the Mk 1... if that even counts. :lol It's total junkyard Iron Man. I can't wait for the diecast version. Hope its proper scale this time. It'll be huge.

I honestly think that if/when they release a new Mk1 in DC, it'll be the best 1/6 IM figure in terms of paint application and level of detail. The Mk1 2.0 is already a beautiful figure, it's just that it can't stand up next to these updated DC figures without looking out of scale. HT IM figures keep getting better and better in every facet (except price), but I think HT will really be able to show off with the Mk1 due to the intricacy of the design.

I know the CAD price fluctuated based off of Sideshows exchange rate but did the US price just increase? I remember it being like $389.99USD or something?

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 176
  • asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 177
I know the CAD price fluctuated based off of Sideshows exchange rate but did the US price just increase? I remember it being like $389.99USD or something?

Nah it was always 407 at SSC, maybe at TimeWalker or somewhere that gave a slight discount but 400+ was definitely the sticker shock when it came out for pre-order

Nah it was always 407 at SSC, maybe at TimeWalker or somewhere that gave a slight discount but 400+ was definitely the sticker shock when it came out for pre-order

I'm still under shock !! :lol Glad I have my Mk46 and only collect single versions of characters.

I'm still under shock !! :lol Glad I have my Mk46 and only collect single versions of characters.

hahah I kind of envy that will power, although I love both versions of Star-Lord and I don't think I could choose just one IM suit, although 46 wouldn't be a bad choice.

Yeah, distinctly remember the $407 and someone here joking that Hot Toys/Sideshow couldn't even spot us $7.01 to give us the illusion of a much lower $399.99 price, basically give us the middle finger and knowing we'd buy it anyways.

Back