1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing the concept art in chinese or something that one of them is the hulkbuster 2.0 and the other is the prototype of the mark 50 but with less powers/abilities. I will try and find that page if I can.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm seriously considering buying this just to flip it to eventually pay for the Civil War version I liked the best. I'm a patient man...

You honestly think you'll be able to flip for a decent profit? Think it through...the majority of people are already vocally complaining about the $400+ retail price. Most people on this board don't seem to want to pay $500 or $600 plus for aftermarket Iron Man figures...how much a profit do you expect you can eek out with the Mk. 50 then?

I mean, you do you, but I really don't think you'll be able to make much...maybe not right away. Perhaps in 2 or 3 years when there is absolutely none available at retail and a buyer must resort to the secondary market. :dunno

With how accessorized he was on film, HTs really missed the mark with what could have been the most accessory packed and fun figure they’ve made...they really like to charge more while giving less and less

I concur. The head on the body was just too small. I loved the suit design but had to sell the figure for the 46 in the end as the head was just too small and made it look off on display.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You honestly think you'll be able to flip for a decent profit? Think it through...the majority of people are already vocally complaining about the $400+ retail price. Most people on this board don't seem to want to pay $500 or $600 plus for aftermarket Iron Man figures...how much a profit do you expect you can eek out with the Mk. 50 then?

I mean, you do you, but I really don't think you'll be able to make much...maybe not right away. Perhaps in 2 or 3 years when there is absolutely none available at retail and a buyer must resort to the secondary market. :dunno

Exactly. People who flip items for a living are looking to buy things that they can double their money on now, not to possibly make 25-50% in the distant future.

Also most figures do not hold their value. They are probably producing smaller runs for a few months to negate this while driving home the new price point with some good old fashioned FOMO. As soon as they feel they can they will increase production numbers again and the aftermarket prices will not hold on those figures.

It would take time, sure. The 46 was around for 9 months after release at sideshow. Barring an unforeseen quality issue, the Mark L armor will likely rise in value.

Not sure it would outpace the 46 though. Almost would make sense just to buy the 46 for $500 rather than the L for $425 with shipping and sit on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With how accessorized he was on film, HTs really missed the mark with what could have been the most accessory packed and fun figure they’ve made...they really like to charge more while giving less and less

I am sure the majority of people don't even bother taking the accessories out of the box. They should stop wasting resources on the extras. The only time I touch the accessories is when I am careless taking the figure out of the box and the accessories fall out.

But you are not everyone. :dunno

And this particular character had a ton of accessories which aren't being represented. Part of the appeal of this armor is everything it can do. Its a major element of its identity

I am sure the majority of people don't even bother taking the accessories out of the box. They should stop wasting resources on the extras. The only time I touch the accessories is when I am careless taking the figure out of the box and the accessories fall out.

giphy.gif

I see Malgus has blessed us with another ****** hot take!

First there were the coupon posts, then the posts about shutting accounts down for people who cancel pre-orders, and now the $407+shipping+tax figures shouldn't come with accessories because I don't use them post!

I see Malgus has blessed us with another ****** hot take!

First there were the coupon posts, then the posts about shutting accounts down for people who cancel pre-orders, and now the $407+shipping+tax figures shouldn't come with accessories because I don't use them post!

No need to be so emotional. I don't think that most people care about extra accessories just because a few vocal people on a forum makes a big deal about them.

Pretty sure you’re in the minority on this one. Most folks here are always arguing for *more* accessories.

If you look at the pics people post, most of them make good use of the accessories, outside of the characters that people really worry about museum posing due to the materials possibly degrading.

As far as Iron Man suits, I usually prefer the clean armor look as opposed to battle damage parts or different weapon accessories so I'd agree with that. My favorite ones are the ones that have the RDJ sculpt and I'll just have him holding the IM helmet, which I imagine I'll do the same with this figure so all of those other accessories won't mean much to me. Unfortunately the price is the price

But with a figure like the Vol 2 Star-Lord, had to go with the deluxe edition for all of those accessories, or the BTTF figures, those really benefited from all of the accessories they came with.

I love accessories and there is no reason why this figure shouldn't have a bunch given how versatile the suit is and the price.

Love battle damage, head sculpts, unique bases....I think the accessories really make the armours unique from one another.

I love accessories and there is no reason why this figure shouldn't have a bunch given how versatile the suit is and the price.

Love battle damage, head sculpts, unique bases....I think the accessories really make the armours unique from one another.

I agree. They should at least show the accessories by now. If this has all the ones in the film, I can possibly see about ordering this. The figure just doesn't fit the price right now.

Ok come on, 400+ for a figure and you (only) get wings, a nano beam cannon and a smaller cannon that mounts on his left wrist. I really would like to have a nano shield and the 4 nano "sound speakers" that deployed from his back when he first encountered the black order. And maybe the blade he used to fight star-lord.

For that price it would really be more worth it if they gave more accessories. But whatever I already preordered it anyway.

This will be my third hot toys figure ever, first one being mark 42 and my second being igor and I cannot be more excited. I really wanted the mark 47 as I am a huge spider man fan and its colour scheme homages the ultimate universe's iron man armor but alas, I was too late.

Speaking of mark 42, can someone tell me the battery size of the cell batteries? Mine have corroded and I would really like to replace them. Thank you very much.

Back