1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plot twist: the Mark 50 is the new Milano, as Tony becomes more and more like one of the appliances from the Flintstones.

I think theres a very high chance that Tony will be the Infinity War movie promo figure :dance

Wouldn't they have already announced a movie promo figure for IW? The movie comes out in 4 weeks, and we've already seen several figures up for PO. I don't remember the time frame they released that Tony Stark Rose Hill figure.

Wouldn't they have already announced a movie promo figure for IW? The movie comes out in 4 weeks, and we've already seen several figures up for PO. I don't remember the time frame they released that Tony Stark Rose Hill figure.

We got movie promo versions of avengers 1 years after it came out

We got movie promo versions of avengers 1 years after it came out

Yeah that's right, but that was really a figure from a previous movie released to promote the next movie, no?

Eh, whatever, who knows.... :lol

HT can basically call any figure whatever they want at any time for any reason. As long as they make something people want it'll sell. If people got excited over cowboy Tony Stark in plaid, then anything obscure will sell. A Gold, Copper or perhaps Porcelain Stormtrooper anyone?? :)

Yeah. Lol

The movie promo name sells itself. And with the recent aftermarket prices they will sell fast because people will buy just for value

True, except for that Jakku Stormtrooper Movie Promo. Can’t believe how long that’s been in stock. Probably an over-production issue than anything else though, like much of the TFA stuff.

New look at the armor in this promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwIiNLElF8

Some shots appear to only be for this advertising but there seems to be actual bits from the film when he is blasting (since wong, banner, and strange are briefly seem right behind him from the same scenes from the actual trailer). The armor looks like it's going to do some Trippy stuff. So...guess we can add those under/over repulsors to the list of accessories the figure is missing. Tho again, they could have changed it for the ad. I feel like it's legit from the film tho with banner behind him.

Spoiler Spoiler:

made the leap and i finally order iron man, have it on a flex pay so can't wait to get it soon.

If summer of 2019 is soon for you. :wink1:

I guess that's the good thing about the long release lead time with Infinity War and Avengers 4 since they're related-but-separate. It's easier to decide if you want both IW and A4 figures, select figures from each, or just figures from one of the movies.

eg. I'm okay with skipping most or all of IW if everyone I'd want as a figure comes back for A4.

Sure this isn't hot toys, but maybe it gives a glimpse at some other things this armor can do. Maybe rocket mode?
a1143863e1256c8527f51447e1a3ea2c.jpg

The film staff has stated that this armor can create any weapon or shape stark thinks about. Anything. It’s essential a green lantern ring. So they could make any toy or statue with any possible weapon or shape combo and it would technically be correct.

I'm well aware of that, but as a collector I'm more concerned with what it actually does in the movie and how that translates to the collectibles than I am with hypotheticals... Sure this can just be the designer taking liberties with it, but it could also be something the armor actually does in the movie... I really like the way it looks with the added armor around the chest and neck... I know it's still up in the air, but I'm still hoping HT updates this figure with more/screen accurate accessories down the road, which is the point of me sharing and discussing this.

Back