1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's starting to grow on me and this might be the last chance to get Iron Man... Although it seems Hot Toys loves to re-release Iron Man figures lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's starting to grow on me and this might be the last chance to get Iron Man... Although it seems Hot Toys loves to re-release Iron Man figures lol

Far from it.

I’m not fully convinced RDJ/Iron Man are going anywhere.

But that aside, they still have Mk VII Diecast to do, and likely Mk I Diecast as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we get an updated Mk III Diecast eventually.

They’ll be making Iron Man figures for as long as they can.

Far from it.

I’m not fully convinced RDJ/Iron Man are going anywhere.

But that aside, they still have Mk VII Diecast to do, and likely Mk I Diecast as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we get an updated Mk III Diecast eventually.

They’ll be making Iron Man figures for as long as they can.

Yup... we have the MCU 15 year anniversary to come, then the 20.. not to mention MMS600, 700

Also if the new MCU universe post Infinity War isn't quite as successful, Marvel/Disney will potentially reboot it's cash cow, Iron Man, even without RDJ.

Iron man likely isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Also if the new MCU universe post Infinity War isn't quite as successful, Marvel/Disney will potentially reboot it's cash cow, Iron Man, even without RDJ.

Iron man likely isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I agree. Here's a quote from Kevin Feige I just posted in the Cap thread:

“I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it.”

I love IM, he is my favorite MCU character and it's the main focus of my collection but i would rather see him go out in a blaze of glory instead of getting tired and burned out on him. I hope he is killed off in this or the next movie and we move on with new heros like Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc.

I love IM, he is my favorite MCU character and it's the main focus of my collection but i would rather see him go out in a blaze of glory instead of getting tired and burned out on him. I hope he is killed off in this or the next movie and we move on with new heros like Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc.

Totally agree! The whole “Bond” statement was really disconcerting and I’d be cool with Rhodes or Pepper or someone new stepping into the IM role but RDJ IS STARK! He’s definitely doing Avengers 4 (confirmed) but I do hope that RDJ’s Tony Stark dies and/or becomes an AI to give him the send off he deserves. Someone else in the suit is fine but someone else as Tony Stark is anything BUT fine.

BOOM!

Glad some are coming around to this armor. Due to some money issues, diecast costs, and the fact I had so many Iron Man figures I ended up sitting out on the AOU and Civil War suits, both of which I really liked. But I'm really excited to get this armor. I think it looks incredibly slick, and should be a cool evolution from my earlier armors collection-wise.

If ever he did not die on this. he could come as cameo only on certain MCU movies.

Marvel knows that he is still a best seller..especially in Asia

He could quit without having to die. I am sure the people making these movies are smart enough to figure out how do write an exit that does not involve getting killed. I do think Tony Stark needs to be played by a younger actor so .....

He could quit without having to die. I am sure the people making these movies are smart enough to figure out how do write an exit that does not involve getting killed. I do think Tony Stark needs to be played by a younger actor so .....
They could always have him just do voice cameos in Ironman suits, or he can die and they save his mind in like a new Jarvis.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

True but it would make it a much more memorable exit if he sacrificed himself to save others. I'll be disappointed if a few big names are not killed off after all the hype that Marvel has put around major deaths in these movies.

True but it would make it a much more memorable exit if he sacrificed himself to save others. I'll be disappointed if a few big names are not killed off after all the hype that Marvel has put around major deaths in these movies.

I would be pissed if any of the big names get killed off. Just end it then reboot with different actors

I would be pissed if any of the big names get killed off. Just end it then reboot with different actors

Wer know there is good chance Cap is not going to make it because Evans said he is done publicly already and RDJ said he wants out before people are sick of him. Marvel has said there will be tears from this movie and the next. I don't think it's need a reboot. How many people cared about any of these guys 10 years ago? Everyone was laughing when marvel announced GoTG and said it would fail. Marvel has a ton of other heros that they could make great movies of. We don't need 10 Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, etc movies. Love IM and Cap but it's time for new faces and stories IMO.

Last edited:
Iron man 3 came out in 2013 right? They’ve always said there would only be three of any one movie then the big team movies. We have new characters and new faces already with this new marvel phase. Dr Strange, Guardians, Antman, Black Panther, Captain Marvel I’m sure will all have at least 3 movies and then enter into the team franchise with cameos of the big 4 characters. Seems like they have the format already down.

That being said if any of the big names die they will have to fill the void with a lot of heart. No way they replace any of them with random characters or actors.

One way or another I think rdj and Evans are gone. Rumor was Chris Hemsworth wanted out for a while, but not sure if Ragnarok made him like the role again.

I'd be okay with them gone as long as transition happens in a meaningful and logical way. Too much was invested in these characters I don't want to see them recast.

We still have plenty to explore between Dr strange, ant man, black panther and spider man all only having one solo film so far. Wouldn't mind Bucky taking the Cap mantle and working with Falcon and black widow if scarjo and Mackie are still up for it. Captain marvel is about to enter the scene. Still got characters like Nova or hell you could even do west coast avengers.

Nevermind the X-Men and fantastic four films we'll probably get.

Oh **** off with that. Not a single thing that happens in comic books matters anymore, because everyone knows they'll just reboot or retcon their way out of any actual consequences. Comic books have no teeth, no tension. They don't need to do that with the movies too. The MCU can survive without Tony Stark or Steve Rogers, as much as I love them and the actors that portray them.

It would be far more exciting to see the mantles passed on to new actors within the continuity, rather than see them spend ten years working up to something only to hit the reset button immediately afterwards. Or worse, to slip an entirely new actor into the role (re: Warmachine) and pretend like nothing happened.

I’d like to see IM survive so RDJ can do a ‘smaller’ movie with the ‘Demon In The Bottle’ storyline, adapted in relation to the aftermath of Infinity War. It’ll never happen , though. Done right, It could be compared to Hugh Jackman’s swan song in ‘Logan.’
And the character still wouldn’t have to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back