1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reposed my mark L and War Machine. Love this IW line.
Waiting on Bucky?s arrival.
2fb37b98e317e88fc921162d1cbb6099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m kind of torn, I am debating grabbing this + accessories, but I keep reading things about how people are disappointed due to it being rushed out. Is it really that bad? It looks amazing in pictures, and it?s like peak Iron Man in the MCU. My other choice is War Machine Mk4, which also looks incredible and I sort of regret not getting the mk3. Someone tilt me one direction or the other.

I?m kind of torn, I am debating grabbing this + accessories, but I keep reading things about how people are disappointed due to it being rushed out. Is it really that bad? It looks amazing in pictures, and it?s like peak Iron Man in the MCU. My other choice is War Machine Mk4, which also looks incredible and I sort of regret not getting the mk3. Someone tilt me one direction or the other.

The mark L is great for sure, it just has a few things like the bad hip joints that puts it below others. If it?s between the Mk L and WM Mk 4 I?d say the Mk 4. It?s such a beast of a figure, definitely better overall than the L. I?d say go with the 4 and then get one of the 85?s that will be out in a year or two. That?d be a nice set imo and the MK 4 can still fit in with an EndGame collection since it was in the movie.
It all depends on your personal collection tho. I however wouldn?t spend the money on the accessory kit if you get the L. You?d be better served taking the $250 it costs and putting that into another figure. The quality of the pieces just isn?t there.

The mark L is great for sure, it just has a few things like the bad hip joints that puts it below others. If it?s between the Mk L and WM Mk 4 I?d say the Mk 4. It?s such a beast of a figure, definitely better overall than the L. I?d say go with the 4 and then get one of the 85?s that will be out in a year or two. That?d be a nice set imo and the MK 4 can still fit in with an EndGame collection since it was in the movie.
It all depends on your personal collection tho. I however wouldn?t spend the money on the accessory kit if you get the L. You?d be better served taking the $250 it costs and putting that into another figure. The quality of the pieces just isn?t there.

I?m mostly have been collecting the Original 7 armors, but have the 42, and the 85 BD on Preorder to bookend the armors a bit. And I have the WM MK1 and Iron Patriot. I just really loved the look of the L and it?s role in the movie. But I like the thought of having the MK4 with the 85 also. Might go that route and maybe add Iron Spider also with the money saved on the accessories.

Thanks for the response!

I?m mostly have been collecting the Original 7 armors, but have the 42, and the 85 BD on Preorder to bookend the armors a bit. And I have the WM MK1 and Iron Patriot. I just really loved the look of the L and it?s role in the movie. But I like the thought of having the MK4 with the 85 also. Might go that route and maybe add Iron Spider also with the money saved on the accessories.

Thanks for the response!

Again, I’m tending to agree with Rbeato’s assessment but it’s so difficult (for me) to consider a WM vs an IM armor. The base (without accessories pack) Mk. L is actually a fantastic figure especially with the lights wired up but the same can ABSOLUTELY be said about the WM Mk. IV; the best idea would be to buy both and skip the accessory pack. I’m personally an armor whore so I couldn’t recommend anyone miss either especially since, In my opinion, the WM Mk. IV destroys the Mk. III in almost every way and the Mk. L is the most beautiful looking IM armor on the market right now (available to buy but perhaps not including the Mk. VII) and the Mk. LXXXV is awhile away. Another thing about my armor taste would be the example that I’ve always preferred the AoU Mk. XLV over the Mk. XLIII so my tastes don’t always line up with the general consensus (also do feel Mk. XLVII>Mk. L>Mk. XLVI). It’s your call as always but again, I do mostly agree with Rbeato’s suggestions.

Lastly, if you’re really bummed about missing out on the WM Mk. III, don’t spend ridiculous aftermarket prices but instead order the Punisher Machine which has many similarities (but of course isn’t accurate to any movie armor) but has some cool additions.

Thanks! Definitely a lot to consider. I?m not an aftermarket kind of person, once i miss something if the price skyrockets it is what it is and I move on. I think I?m leaning towards the WM MK4, and maybe get the MKL later on if it?s still available. I feel like I?d later regret not getting the Mk4 like I did the Mk3, and I?m still not 100% sold on the Endgame Iron Patriot.

Thanks! Definitely a lot to consider. I?m not an aftermarket kind of person, once i miss something if the price skyrockets it is what it is and I move on. I think I?m leaning towards the WM MK4, and maybe get the MKL later on if it?s still available. I feel like I?d later regret not getting the Mk4 like I did the Mk3, and I?m still not 100% sold on the Endgame Iron Patriot.

Yeah, good rationale there! I believe you had said that you have and like your WM Mk. I and that you’ve given up on the Mk. III but you still regret not jumping on it so with that there’s really not much else In my opinion that would dissuade the Mk. IV purchase. Also taking into consideration that you aren’t sold on the IP 2, the Mk. IV is such an awesome mix of the best designs of the Mk. I & III but completely unique on its own.

And regarding stock, I really didn’t think the WM MK IV or the Mk. L will sell out soon but there’s definitely a much higher chance the WM Mk. IV will sell out before the Mk. L since they clearly made so many that even SSC has to keep sending out emails advertising the availability.

Anyways, I think you will be happy with either (or both, lol) but it does seem like the WM Mk. IV would be my choice if I was traveling on the same path. Happy collecting!

WM Mark IV is superior in every aspect compared to the sloppy, rush-job that is the IM Mark L.

WM Mark IV is superior in every aspect compared to the sloppy, rush-job that is the IM Mark L.

I'll have to agree with you on the WM and respectfully disagree with your IM opinion. Iron Spider has even taken a lot of flack, but to me this trio is gold. This is my Infiniti War set. Again just my opinion as there is no fact(s) about what figure(s) are great and not so great.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Gorgeous photos and I agree it's all just opinion and personal preference. I think the 50 is awesome

No doubt, I welcome all opinions and points of views. In the end it only matters what you think and not others. If we all liked and agreed on everything this place would be really boring. Thank you for your kind compliment.

Wow, you really do take some great pictures! I’m so confused as to why someone like gmoney5000 keeps calling this a rushed garbage figure. He’s just ******** that they put Endgame Thor up for PO and in complete denial. How is this rushed? Just looking at the mold for the nano booster wings and the detachable limbs, mine seems engineered well for a fully articulated 1/6 armor. It’s definitely in my top 3 favorite HT’s IM armors (and I’m only missing 2 variants and the shampoobuster).

Wow, you really do take some great pictures! I?m so confused as to why someone like gmoney5000 keeps calling this a rushed garbage figure. He?s just ******** that they put Endgame Thor up for PO and in complete denial. How is this rushed? Just looking at the mold for the nano booster wings and the detachable limbs, mine seems engineered well for a fully articulated 1/6 armor. It?s definitely in my top 3 favorite HT?s IM armors (and I?m only missing 2 variants and the shampoobuster).

Much appreciated and thank you. Everyone has their opinions and dislikes. I think the 50 is great! Although when comparing to other armors I am drawn to the more chunkines of the earlier armors vs the new releases. Again I think all of the marks are beautiful and well crafted. I go through phases.
I enjoy them all :)

Back