1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you really do take some great pictures! I’m so confused as to why someone like gmoney5000 keeps calling this a rushed garbage figure. He’s just ******** that they put Endgame Thor up for PO and in complete denial. How is this rushed? Just looking at the mold for the nano booster wings and the detachable limbs, mine seems engineered well for a fully articulated 1/6 armor. It’s definitely in my top 3 favorite HT’s IM armors (and I’m only missing 2 variants and the shampoobuster).

The truth is I'm still butt hurt I won't be able to claim your Mark L anymore. :thwak :rotfl

But in all seriousness, this armor (to me) was a rush job, although I'm not the only one who is under that impression. When you consider that the Mark L was the fastest release of an IM armor ever, that kinda says something. On top of that it doesn't help that there were blatant visual issues with the figure such as the thigh-gap, which plenty of folks on here complained about, as well as the blatant seam cut in the ab section.

Sure, I understand that those "issues" only exist to enable maximum articulation out of this figure, but when you consider that previous armors (and even future ones, such as the newly released Mark VII) were able to integrate those breaks in the armor seamlessly it really does make you question why HT didn't bother for the Mark L...and the only logical conclusion is that they rushed it.

Also, when you take into account people's complaints that the Mark L is the lightest armor yet, you really do have to call into question the "quality" and time/dedication spent on this piece...especially when it also happens to be one of the most expensive armors and was the first to breach the $400 level (not counting the HB). For that price point you would expect something very premium, but in the end what was released was something super bare bones.

And this is coming from me, someone who planned on buying every IM figure when I dipped my toes into the HT hobby back in late 2015, with my first IM being Mk 45 from AoU. Since then I've picked up the 46, 47, 5, 6, and have the 7 and 85 and BD 85 on pre-order...I skipped the 4 since I thought it was too similar to the 6 and couldn't justify the mere arc reactor change. So as an HT IM enthusiast it was tough for me to not pull the trigger on the Mark L.

I mean, look at the recently released Mark 7...it's f'in' amazing! The quality, the amount of accessories, the fact that it can transform! (something I won't be using, but pretty epic). Had the Mark 50 received that same type of treatment I have no doubt in my mind it would have been a dope piece that would be part of my collection, but sadly here we are with that rush job 50...so sad! :slap

Anyways, rant over. :lol

They're doing the Iron suit shuffle...Peter is still learning the moves though. :lol

Maybe it's the suit, but Peter breaking it down in his other suit :)

1 (1).jpg

2 (1).jpg

3 (1).jpg

4.jpg

The truth is I'm still butt hurt I won't be able to claim your Mark L anymore. :thwak :rotfl

But in all seriousness, this armor (to me) was a rush job, although I'm not the only one who is under that impression. When you consider that the Mark L was the fastest release of an IM armor ever, that kinda says something. On top of that it doesn't help that there were blatant visual issues with the figure such as the thigh-gap, which plenty of folks on here complained about, as well as the blatant seam cut in the ab section.

Sure, I understand that those "issues" only exist to enable maximum articulation out of this figure, but when you consider that previous armors (and even future ones, such as the newly released Mark VII) were able to integrate those breaks in the armor seamlessly it really does make you question why HT didn't bother for the Mark L...and the only logical conclusion is that they rushed it.

Also, when you take into account people's complaints that the Mark L is the lightest armor yet, you really do have to call into question the "quality" and time/dedication spent on this piece...especially when it also happens to be one of the most expensive armors and was the first to breach the $400 level (not counting the HB). For that price point you would expect something very premium, but in the end what was released was something super bare bones.

And this is coming from me, someone who planned on buying every IM figure when I dipped my toes into the HT hobby back in late 2015, with my first IM being Mk 45 from AoU. Since then I've picked up the 46, 47, 5, 6, and have the 7 and 85 and BD 85 on pre-order...I skipped the 4 since I thought it was too similar to the 6 and couldn't justify the mere arc reactor change. So as an HT IM enthusiast it was tough for me to not pull the trigger on the Mark L.

I mean, look at the recently released Mark 7...it's f'in' amazing! The quality, the amount of accessories, the fact that it can transform! (something I won't be using, but pretty epic). Had the Mark 50 received that same type of treatment I have no doubt in my mind it would have been a dope piece that would be part of my collection, but sadly here we are with that rush job 50...so sad! :slap

Anyways, rant over. :lol

:rotfl
Dude it is far from the fastest release, definitely not the lightest (not that i care about weight on these) and the gaps are not as bad as people keep saying. What about the stupid flaps sticking out on previous suits which this doesn't have. It's just your opinion and that's cool. We are all entitled to dislike whatever. But hate it all you want but nothing you are saying is a fact.

In my opinion and others the 50 is straight up gorgeous.

Yes i am horrible person because i like it :lol

Dude it is far from the fastest release, definitely not the lightest (not that i care about weight on these) and the gaps are not as bad as people keep saying. What about the stupid flaps sticking out on previous suits which this doesn't have. It's just your opinion and that's cool. We are all entitled to dislike whatever. But hate it all you want but nothing you are saying is a fact.

I dont know why he would keep visiting a thread about a figure he doesnt like. :)

You truly are a terrible human-being! :cuckoo: :lol

I'll have to agree with you on the WM and respectfully disagree with your IM opinion. Iron Spider has even taken a lot of flack, but to me this trio is gold. This is my Infiniti War set. Again just my opinion as there is no fact(s) about what figure(s) are great and not so great.

View attachment 469302

View attachment 469303

View attachment 469304

:thud: These photos :thud: This is a great figure and armor indeed, I quite like its capabilities in the film, albeit it's not my most favorite armor design, but it sure is striking.

Maybe it's the suit, but Peter breaking it down in his other suit :)

View attachment 469383

View attachment 469384

View attachment 469385

View attachment 469386

:clap :clap

:thud: These photos :thud: This is a great figure and armor indeed, I quite like its capabilities in the film, albeit it's not my most favorite armor design, but it sure is striking.

:clap :clap

Thank you so much. Loved this armor as well as the movie. Loving the evolution of the line as well as the roots. Having these guys displayed you really love each one for its uniqueness. The mark ii in a sea of red, mark 45 next to 46s/47 really separates it from others. Most collectibles will have some quibbles but to me they so miniscule and overlooked I just enjoy the figure. I feel lucky that we even have these.

On top of that it doesn't help that there were blatant visual issues with the figure such as the thigh-gap, which plenty of folks on here complained about, as well as the blatant seam cut in the ab section.

That thigh gap will always be an issue as the onscreen armor is seamless. It will never be accurate. As for the ab seam cut, looking at the original design there will never be a realistic way to cut the ab without the seam being blatant.

That thigh gap will always be an issue as the onscreen armor is seamless. It will never be accurate. As for the ab seam cut, looking at the original design there will never be a realistic way to cut the ab without the seam being blatant.

That thigh-gap was next level though...they made the upper thigh part too thick (or maybe the ab/torso section was made too slim) that it didn't mesh well with the tiny ball joint piece they ended up using...also the thigh piece itself edges beyond the torso borders, making it look even more out of proportion.

I'm convinced HT had certain parts produced before others and then when they realized certain pieces were out of proportion, instead of fixing the issue, they said F it and continued onward with production/assembly because of the rushed IW deadline.

I mean look at it next to the masterfully-crafted Mark VII, where it had nothing but time on their side for the production...the Mark L looks terrible! Can't believe the same company produced both figs! No consistency with the quality/final product! :slap

attachment.php

That thigh-gap was next level though...they made the upper thigh part too thick (or maybe the ab/torso section was made too slim) that it didn't mesh well with the tiny ball joint piece they ended up using...also the thigh piece itself edges beyond the torso borders, making it look even more out of proportion.

I'm convinced HT had certain parts produced before others and then when they realized certain pieces were out of proportion, instead of fixing the issue, they said F it and continued onward with production/assembly because of the rushed IW deadline.

I mean look at it next to the masterfully-crafted Mark VII, where it had nothing but time on their side for the production...the Mark L looks terrible! Can't believe the same company produced both figs! No consistency with the quality/final product! :slap

attachment.php

Wasn't the Mark 50 completely gapless armor? There's no way HT could've done an articulated figure with that design. The Mark 7 had Gaps. Untitled-2.jpg

Wasn't the Mark 50 completely gapless armor? There's no way HT could've done an articulated figure with that design. The Mark 7 had Gaps. View attachment 469516

I'm not saying the HT Mark L needed to be absolutely seamless as it's obviously impossible, but they could have made it so that the thigh-gap wasn't as jarring as it was. The Mark VII obviously has a gap as well, but it's not in your face obvious.

I'm not saying the HT Mark L needed to be absolutely seamless as it's obviously impossible, but they could have made it so that the thigh-gap wasn't as jarring as it was. The Mark VII obviously has a gap as well, but it's not in your face obvious.

They just needed the thigh pieces to go up a bit higher and make the joint inside bigger. Hell it has the flip out panels on the front and back to ensure it doesn?t run when posing. It could have been done. I?ve seen some customs where they build up the thighs and it makes a night and day difference

It's funny the 50 in that looks really horrible and i would might have honestly passed on it based on that photo. Then looking at mine right now on the shelf it looks like a completely different figure. It looks great and the gaps are not noticeable so i don't know

Wow, you really do take some great pictures! I?m so confused as to why someone like gmoney5000 keeps calling this a rushed garbage figure. He?s just ******** that they put Endgame Thor up for PO and in complete denial. How is this rushed? Just looking at the mold for the nano booster wings and the detachable limbs, mine seems engineered well for a fully articulated 1/6 armor. It?s definitely in my top 3 favorite HT?s IM armors (and I?m only missing 2 variants and the shampoobuster).

If you look at the promotion pics on sideshow, you can see its a bit different from the finished product. The little vents on top of the helmet is different, the legs are on the outside more sculpted. I think this is the best looking Iron Man armour but I?m afraid about the leg gaps. It looks horrendous on pictures. Is it really that bad? Will they ever release a 2.0 one because this armour is still available on sideshow, which says something.
85de498dbe1632cb12efc3c56f74163e.jpg

Just lurking around with 0 Hot Toys.

It's funny the 50 in that looks really horrible and i would might have honestly passed on it based on that photo. Then looking at mine right now on the shelf it looks like a completely different figure. It looks great and the gaps are not noticeable so i don't know
How is that possible?

Just lurking around with 0 Hot Toys.

Back