1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'm definitely going to have to get one of those Soap Reactors for this figure. The lights make it look so much damn cooler that it would be frustrating not to be able to turn them all off and on easily.

I wonder if I'd be able to hook up my Mk 46 to the same reactor? They each have so many lights I'm not sure what the limit might be...

8 out on 1 Soap Reactor (for the “watch batteries”) and 4 out for AA & AAA. Mk. L uses 6 but you can buy splitters. There’s a good “parts list” in this thread by hellgrammite00.

8 out on 1 Soap Reactor (for the “watch batteries”) and 4 out for AA & AAA. Mk. L uses 6 but you can buy splitters. There’s a good “parts list” in this thread by hellgrammite00.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'd love to try my own lighting setup without using the Soap Reactor, but it's hard to find many good tutorials for the entire process. Most just focus on wiring to one individual figure and not how you hook everything up to light multiple figures.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'd love to try my own lighting setup without using the Soap Reactor, but it's hard to find many good tutorials for the entire process. Most just focus on wiring to one individual figure and not how you hook everything up to light multiple figures.

I know what you mean. I've often seen electrical people often assume others know all the basics. But us mechanical luddites need to be shown sometimes in a bit more detail.

I know what you mean. I've often seen electrical people often assume others know all the basics. But us mechanical luddites need to be shown sometimes in a bit more detail.

Haha, that's for sure. Honestly I think all I would need is just a nice drawing that lays everything out and shows you what gets hooked up to what, like you find in a manual for a new TV or blu-ray player. This setup would obviously be a bit more complex, and all the parts would be bought separately, but I would think it could be explained in the same kind of way.

putting in the batteries was just short of a nightmare for me but shots like this make it all worth it.
View attachment 456020
1c743ae81c893f47ea7244ca4919b7cd.jpg

having a hard time deciding whether to display with helmet or head sculpt...
Agreed that the lights look awesome but I actually thought the batteries were easy to put in compared to Mark 45. It's taking the pieces off to turn on the light switches that was a pain in the ass for me, I managed to snap off the rotating piece of armor on his left arm, but I was able to fix it with a dab of super glue (thankfully).
ed93f7fc98e4c10deb8fbf33023ad404.jpg
afec5c603e67e4ab491b21882448aa17.jpg
f820c77f3e41528b33dba85310b4989a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was in Disney World last week and going through my email. Just saw that my order will be processed soon. I logged on my account and its preparing to ship. What a surprise!

View attachment 456628

View attachment 456629

Not a bad figure, now that I've had time to really go over it (and install batteries) I remember why I liked it enough to order. I do like the more bug-like organic look to it. The figure was enough for me, I had the accessories po'd but wasn't crazy about it after reviews so I cancelled.

I still can't find the damn arm switch!

Wonderful Shot. Thanks for sharing..

Ok, I think I'm good with this for now.
be27ff113e4603bbff97f1e4a54fd661.jpg
7b6dc7bcd240cce4d1ea9c9bc0acad35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This surely is better displayed with LED on. How do I get this soap reactor? Do you have pictures with the cables hanging around? I want to see whether the dangling cables are annoying to compensate the practicality of turning on and off the switch using batteries.

Thank you.

Did anyone one elses balance process for the Mark L this past Friday from Sideshow like mine did? If so, has it shipped? Mine still says "preparing to ship" . I just ended a chat with SS customer service Rep inquiring about when i can expect my Mark L order and another order I fully paid to ship. The Rep confirmed my other order will ship this week but the Mark L is delayed. From what I understand, if the figure is delayed then the balance due date is delayed as well, correct? This is the first time I purchased something from SS, so I don't have experience with their procedures.

Did anyone one elses balance process for the Mark L this past Friday from Sideshow like mine did? If so, has it shipped? Mine still says "preparing to ship" . I just ended a chat with SS customer service Rep inquiring about when i can expect my Mark L order and another order I fully paid to ship. The Rep confirmed my other order will ship this week but the Mark L is delayed. From what I understand, if the figure is delayed then the balance due date is delayed as well, correct? This is the first time I purchased something from SS, so I don't have experience with their procedures.

I was originally set to be billed on May 22, but got an email 2 days later that they ran out and had a shipment coming in soon, got the email it was going to be billed on June 7th, and it shipped out that day . It is set to arrive Wednesday

Oh wow. Thanks for responding. I'm glad you're getting yours this week. As for me, i too recieved that same email. I just got off the phone with a SS Rep and she did indeed confirm that although my balance was processed on June 7th, they didnt have any figures because of the delayed shipment batch from Hot Toys. So that batch can come in anytime now and November and she couldnt give me an ETA.... so now I'm contemplating canceling my order and getting my entire refund. Again, this is my first purchase with SS and so far I'm not having a good experience.

how did you do it?

I just cut some black plastic I had from some clothes tags lol. I used them on the inside of the eyes, but I'm going to try and come up with something better as it should be on the outside instead. My black border is also too thick right now.

Some of the pictures really show how big the eyes are, which I'm not really a fan of. This armor distinctively had small eyes, so I'm not sure why HT made them this big. They also don't have the usual black border around the lense part. With the way the eyes are now, the faceplate ends up looking more like the Mark III-VII faceplate, in my opinion.

I think the faceplates that don't come off to access the light switch tend to look better in the eye area. The Mark V, 46 and 47 all have faceplates that are just fixed.

ironmaniw.jpg

Back