1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you guys should give it a shot. For me, the faceplate is the most prominent feature, so I'm quite particular.

Without some modification, the eyes tend to look worse when the lights first come on because they are super bright, but as time goes on and they dim a little, it looks somewhat better. BUT I imagine that won't fare so well with SOAP reactors since they're always at full power :lol

Just look at the Queen Studios bust for reference too.

61456226_1214476695396675_5425750460399091712_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, you guys should give it a shot. For me, the faceplate is the most prominent feature, so I'm quite particular.

Without some modification, the eyes tend to look worse when the lights first come on because they are super bright, but as time goes on and they dim a little, it looks somewhat better. BUT I imagine that won't fare so well with SOAP reactors since they're always at full power :lol

Just look at the Queen Studios bust for reference too.

I’ve had my Mk. L on a SR since HK release (turned on at night) and it looks fantastic! Comparing it to the LSB isn’t really a “fair” comparison but there’s some amazing details missing from the chest RT on that bust that are present on the HT’s Mk. L.

But that is a nice piece for sure and as a collector of HT’s, statues and the odd bust here and there, it looks very good with a base that was obviously well done!

I’ve had my Mk. L on a SR since HK release (turned on at night) and it looks fantastic! Comparing it to the LSB isn’t really a “fair” comparison but there’s some amazing details missing from the chest RT on that bust that are present on the HT’s Mk. L.

But that is a nice piece for sure and as a collector of HT’s, statues and the odd bust here and there, it looks very good with a base that was obviously well done!

Oh for sure! Don't get me wrong, I love this figure. It makes my 47 feel outdated, and that used to be my favorite thing to stare at on my desk.

I just meant to use it as a reference if one were to "correct" the eyes. I feel (for me), that it would look better adding the black borders around the eyes to make them appear more narrow and "angry" like I attempted above.

Oh for sure! Don't get me wrong, I love this figure. It makes my 47 feel outdated, and that used to be my favorite thing to stare at on my desk.

I just meant to use it as a reference if one were to "correct" the eyes. I feel (for me), that it would look better adding the black borders around the eyes to make them appear more narrow and "angry" like I attempted above.

OIC! Yeah actually the only thing that disappoints me on the production release is the actual mask. It’s not just the eyes that look wrong but also the “vents” on the top gold parts. They looked much better on the prototype as well as that LSB.

OIC! Yeah actually the only thing that disappoints me on the production release is the actual mask. It’s not just the eyes that look wrong but also the “vents” on the top gold parts. They looked much better on the prototype as well as that LSB.

Cannot unsee! :lol

I didn't notice that part as much as I pay attention to the eyes. I can live with it :monkey3

It was the first thing I noticed when the blogger pictures were shown. I can live with it too but it’s a shame they cheaped out on those “vents”.
Yeah, would have been nice to have those details on the faceplate. I do really like the overall package though and feel like it's in a class of its own. Really stands out amongst the other Iron Man figures.

I hope they do a 1/4!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I was originally set to be billed on May 22, but got an email 2 days later that they ran out and had a shipment coming in soon, got the email it was going to be billed on June 7th, and it shipped out that day . It is set to arrive Wednesday
Mark L ended up being shipped today along with my MK 46 concept art version. Man it felt like forever especially since the MK 46 balance was processed last Wednesday, I would've thought that one would've shipped by Friday atleast. Hopefully all sideshow reps will be on the same page in the future. I almost canceled the MK L when two different reps told me my payment was processed in error because they didnt get the batch from Hot Toys and then another rep confirmed that I will get it[emoji848]. Nonetheless they're on their way and will be here this Friday[emoji1739].
d0a2b24c740ca0ec93e45cf670812898.jpg

Yeah, would have been nice to have those details on the faceplate. I do really like the overall package though and feel like it's in a class of its own. Really stands out amongst the other Iron Man figures.

I hope they do a 1/4!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’d buy that but I’m honestly more so looking forward to the Iron Studios 1/4 statue. No question the likeness won’t be the best but I’d display with the helmet anyways. They have put EG Thanos, Cap and Thor up for PO already and I’m really itching to see how they are going to light the statue.

Gents. Quick question. If you could keep one: Mark 46 or Mark 50, which one would it be?

I'd say 46, I love the battle damaged chest piece and the bruised up headsculpt.

Here's my pic of them side by side (I hadn't fixed the black collar around the headsculpt on the 46 up until this point)
IMG_7281.jpg

I've been thinking about this too. I love Civil War but I don't think the 46 is as cool as the L simply because it's Tony's last stand against Thanos.

Yea, on that level I like the 46 a little more too, since it was Tony's most personal battle dealing with the death of his parents, etc from Civil War.

Gents. Quick question. If you could keep one: Mark 46 or Mark 50, which one would it be?
Like usual itll come down to personal preference. I've never owned an ironman hot toy figure and decided to preorder the MK 50 & 85 after I saw endgame. Then I got to checking each ironman figure from Hot toys and overall I found myself drawn to the MK 46 and 47. Since I missed out on the original 46 and the 47 is ridiculous overpriced I decided to get the MK 46 concept art version since it's the same figure, just a different paint scheme(and minus the head sculpt). I was on the fence about keeping the Mk 50 but decided to stay with it. Maybe after i get them in a couple days I'll decide to stick with one and sell the other... Maybe...

MK L it comes from the better movie and it's the armor Tony used to make Thanos bleed

Back