1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a similar problem. I want it, but can't justify the $400. It's too much.

I usually like to wait til I see the production photos just to make sure it comes out alright. I did that on the MK46 and did not pull the trigger due to the led light issues. Boy, do I regret that.

I don’t like the price as much as everyone else, but there’s no way I can pass on it after the movie. Going to our third viewing tonight.

And maybe that’s why it costs as much as it does. Oh well. Would be really nice if we got a few more accessories.

Dread it, run from it. Hot Toys still arrives for your wallet.

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question (new to HT and never purchased an Iron Man figure before) but does this come with one of those waist-clamp stands to allow for midair poses or is it the same groin-hook style stands that most figures seem to come with?

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question (new to HT and never purchased an Iron Man figure before) but does this come with one of those waist-clamp stands to allow for midair poses or is it the same groin-hook style stands that most figures seem to come with?

Pretty sure this one comes with a waist grabber. Sideshow picks only show the base but HT has been displaying it in a flying pose with a waist grabber. I guess that doesn’t mean a waist grabber is guaranteed but it would seem logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

want this so bad but can't justify the $400+ price tag. especially considering i picked up a 1/4 iron man for $470 last week.

The 1/6 market is much larger than the 1/4 market. Even if the Mark L was listed at $350, within 6 months it would likely start selling on the aftermarket for more than that $470.

1/4 scale iron man figures are great but 1/6 scale is where the aftermarket demand is highest.

The $400 price tag is actually good value considering what the cost will likely be in time.

Having seen the movie, I strongly feel that the higher price point is to cover the cost of additional accessories.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just got back from my third viewing. I remembered someone had asked about the nano boosters on his back so I kept an eye out for them. He does use them a few times:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just got back from my third viewing. I remembered someone had asked about the nano boosters on his back so I kept an eye out for them. He does use them a few times:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Timely response. I came here looking for this very answer. I saw it the other night and could honestly not remember seeing them. I only remembered the back accessories shown very early on, which these look nothing like.

The 1/6 market is much larger than the 1/4 market. Even if the Mark L was listed at $350, within 6 months it would likely start selling on the aftermarket for more than that $470.

1/4 scale iron man figures are great but 1/6 scale is where the aftermarket demand is highest.

The $400 price tag is actually good value considering what the cost will likely be in time.

So basically it's ok for Hot Toys to charge scalper prices because scalpers will charge that in the after market? Glad I already have most of the figures I will ever want so I can bow out soon. No way I am getting another Iron Man at these price levels.

So basically it's ok for Hot Toys to charge scalper prices because scalpers will charge that in the after market? Glad I already have most of the figures I will ever want so I can bow out soon. No way I am getting another Iron Man at these price levels.

I’m not saying anything about Hot Toys’ pricing structure.

But the other user was hesitant to get the Mark L because of its scale. I’m just saying don’t let scale be the judge of value because 1/6 scale market is much bigger than 1/4.

There’s a reason you can still acquire 1/4 scale HT at or below msrp. You won’t be able to do that with the Mark L 2 years after release.

You can be bitter about the aftermarket and its pricing but it is a reality.

I’m not saying anything about Hot Toys’ pricing structure.

But the other user was hesitant to get the Mark L because of its scale. I’m just saying don’t let scale be the judge of value because 1/6 scale market is much bigger than 1/4.

There’s a reason you can still acquire 1/4 scale HT at or below msrp. You won’t be able to do that with the Mark L 2 years after release.

You can be bitter about the aftermarket and its pricing but it is a reality.

I agree with your assessment regarding the market value of the piece. I was just using the 1/4 purchase to explain my thought process, although it may not be perfectly logical given your market value analysis.

I started collecting Hot Toys when they first started producing so watching 1/6 prices increase in price exponentially every year has been really interesting. I never would have been able to predict that 1/6 scale prices would reach $400 and people would still be willing to bear that pricing. Think it is a great testament to Hot Toys' strategy although I am priced out at that point. Would love to be able to see their internal company sales analysis data to see what they think the breaking point is for their customers. I saw in another thread that the pricing increases are reasonable because the quality of the figures has as well but I don't think it is that simple.

I agree with your assessment regarding the market value of the piece. I was just using the 1/4 purchase to explain my thought process, although it may not be perfectly logical given your market value analysis.

I started collecting Hot Toys when they first started producing so watching 1/6 prices increase in price exponentially every year has been really interesting. I never would have been able to predict that 1/6 scale prices would reach $400 and people would still be willing to bear that pricing. Think it is a great testament to Hot Toys' strategy although I am priced out at that point. Would love to be able to see their internal company sales analysis data to see what they think the breaking point is for their customers. I saw in another thread that the pricing increases are reasonable because the quality of the figures has as well but I don't think it is that simple.

Yeah, I agree with what you’re saying. There’s also perceived value to each collector and that obviously is variable per person.

Congrats on your newest addition. The 1/4 scale are really nice.

Just watched the film, and I liked this armor, but not as much as some others. The price isn't too far off from a quarter scale IM, but I'm not sure if I'll be too tempted to get this one lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Have yet to see IW, but I hope Iron Man returns for IW Part II and has a new suit.

Back