1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we all need a break from the Marvel gang after IW, don't you?

Money aside, I for one have no room. A main display of official movie Avengers combined with solo movie title characters, and a couple of character specific displays elsewhere. I'm not going to be someone who buys all this stuff and stores it in boxes. Life is too short for boxes...

(He says knowing that the mrs will discourage all suggestions of building the UCS Lego Millenium Falcon until upsizing the house...)

I think we all need a break from the Marvel gang after IW, don't you?

17bwL0s.gif

The difference between want and need is a lesson we all need to re-learn.

And I want so I'm going to get haha...I have been largely saving myself from collecting marvel charecter s until thelse 2 movies came out becouse I always figured the definitive mcu figures would come out of these....case in point with the thor...I think the best thor they have made...so i always banked on this line being the most expensive...even little marvel legends are going up 5-6 dollars

And I want so I'm going to get haha...I have been largely saving myself from collecting marvel charecter s until thelse 2 movies came out becouse I always figured the definitive mcu figures would come out of these....case in point with the thor...I think the best thor they have made...so i always banked on this line being the most expensive...even little marvel legends are going up 5-6 dollars

Did you count on Thor being a Cyclops?

Or Cap America being a bearded wonder?

Or Black Widow going gray?

When i boght my aou figures they were 219 for thor and cap and 345 im. This time around i think it will only be thor. No way im spending 400+ on a 1/6 articulated figure. I think thor will be the only iw figure i get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you count on Thor being a Cyclops?

Or Cap America being a bearded wonder?

Or Black Widow going gray?

That's precisely why I'm so glad I have a good representation of the main characters from previous movies. But really only want/need Thanos to round out the collection from IW.

Best deal I ever got was Avengers Hulk + Banner 2 pack for $270US in an Xmas sale 30% off. Won't ever see a price like that again !

I'm not even considering this anymore strictly because of the price, but that's all I can do. I'm sure it'll be a couple more years at least before the price hikes start to ward off the people with alot more expendable cash than me. It's got to hit a breaking point eventually, right? I've only been into Hot Toys for a few years and the rise in prices in just that short amount of time is crazy.

It really isn't worth it, especially when they charged $50 less for basically the same figure (just a different Mark) not even a year ago. There's no reason for it.

I do remember them saying the only reason the 46 was so "cheap" was the powerpose 46 sales helped offset the cost. We needed a new power pose to lower this price.

who's getting the full line-up of all 24 Marvel characters in IW...?

:lol

Someone here will though. 24 x $265 minimum...

If Avengers 4 wasn't a year away, I'd be close to considering it.

That being said, not knowing much about A4 makes it difficult to know what to pass on.

This is the iron man Ive been waiting for, Just pre ordered and randomly had a coupon for $50 off :)
Yup, just preordered this through BBTS. It really looks good imo. The continued progression of armors.

This, War Machine, and maybe Iron Spider or Thor. That's all I'll target for IW part I.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I don't think IW versions are definitive at all, certainly not for me anyway. I'm glad I don't particularly like this IM armor, I won't feel bad passing on it. Frankly the only figure I might be interested in is Teen Groot with sullen facial expression. But for those who like these figures, that's great - keep Hot Toys open so maybe they'll make some figures I'll be interested in down the road. When I think of Iron man, I think of the Mark IV, VII, and I think my personal favorite might be the Mark 45 - it just has an aesthetic between the more more classic look and the streamlined look which I find appealing personally. When I think of Thor (even all the comic book covers I've seen, and I don't follow him real close so I expect he's had a few different looks) the most definitive look is long hair, no eye patch, cape, bare arms, but the head sculpt does most resemble Hemsworth on this new Thor figure. Rocket, well he doesn't look that different. Doubt any of the other Guardians (besides Groot) will look too different, but maybe we'll finally get a Nebula... maybe. Captain America surely doesn't have a very definitive look, I'm thinking more Avengers 2 and Civil War were the best figures of him. He doesn't even have any red, white or blue in this one, he's got more of a Teen Groot vibe than a RW&B Boyscout vibe going. And Black Widow... blonde? I mean, I really don't care, but if we're going for an iconic look, I don't think blonde is it.

Agreed- these aren't the iconic looks so I don't need these anyhow. Saw the pricing and it was an easy decision.

Back