1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Styrofoam for Styro-Man not Iron Man.

I thought we're supposed not to use the Styrofoam because it's bad for environment.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

Styrofoam for Styro-Man not Iron Man.

I thought we're supposed not to use the Styrofoam because it's bad for environment.

only when we throw them out. Its not so bad since we are collecting them :rotfl

Not sure why they're making this after how badly the sales in HoA went....

I don't know if they're made of styrofoam or not but HT could have at least made them look like they weren't. I'm guessing $80-100 each and gift card eligible soon after they're released. SS can't get rid of the first HoA set as it is.

Thr original one to my understanding wasnt recieved very well, high price coupled with cheap flimsy feel (this is going off second hand talk so correct me if im wrong)

If these are cheaper, much cheaper, it could be worth it vs the original of someone wanted only a couple... I dont have the room nor do I intend to collect that many Iron Men (the 2 I jave preordered, likely the 43 and would love Iron Patriot but sold out so meh... 3 to 4 and I would be happy)

People seem to be missing the point here. The first HoA didn't sell well because they were too expensive to army build. HT is making this Styrofoam version so those who want an HoA display can have a more affordable option.

People seem to be missing the point here. The first HoA didn't sell well because they were too expensive to army build. HT is making this Styrofoam version so those who want an HoA display can have a more affordable option.

Say these are $60, thats $2100 for 35

compared to the $4000 for the regular ones

Yeah I have a feeling these will be overpriced but you never know.

Now.....just make them so that you can plug a small transformer into the wall, and daisychain all of them together so no batteries are required.

And offer a remote control to turn them all on and off together.

:goodpost::exactly:

My guess is these will be $40-50 each. Which is still way overpriced for a decorative Styrofoam cylinder, but everyone will be buying these like hotcakes and swooning over the price since it is still less than people expected to pay.

Im all for a cheaper HOA alternative for displaying my Iron men, but this still isn't good enough.

Do we know this is styrofoam for sure? Sorry but unless it's like $5 a stand, who the heck would buy that? One oops and *bam*, huge chip in the styrofoam and the display is ruined. If HT wants to bring the price down (ground-breaking concept for them, I know) how about just using vacuum-form thin plastic, wouldn't that be a lot more durable than styrofoam?

$50 bucks. FU Hot Toys I'll build my own custom out of a hamburger coffin.

SN227.jpg

I agree that the main part of this display looks like it is made from Styrofoam but if you think about it that's not a bad idea.

I know first hand how heavy these get when you add them up. This is a 4 piece unit from my 13 bay display and it weighs 13.5 pounds so if you average that for 42 bays the total weight of the display would be close to 140 pounds with out any figures in it.

[/URL]

IMO this could be a nice alternative for people that have huge collections and no where to display them.

It would have been cool if Hot Toys just created this as part of the packaging for any of the House Protocol Armors, then sold the empty units for anyone that wanted them for pre-existing armors.

If I hadn't custom built my display I would be considering these.

Could you imagine a Tony Star Work Shop with the normal 7 Bay HOA in the back ground and a wine cellar set up made of these below the Testing platform.

I like the idea, doing the Wine Cellar that may fit more of the bigger armors and can be stacked as such unlike the original HoA. I am imagining a more dynamic lineup for my Iron Legion personally, but I see this being a popular option if they are not too expensive.

I think they are going for a more 'concrete' look, not just cheaping out on the materials but that could be part of it too.

Back