1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripley and Powerloader will probably be one of those come out of nowhere releases. I mean there aren't too many more of those lesser used licences to release stuff from, so I can see it being just something that shows up out of the blue.

But God knows the cost! By the time it does show up it'll be like $700

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anybody buy this head yet from OSK...?

s-l1600.jpg

I've been waiting for a recast, so i can upgrade my Aliens Ripleys by transplanting the hair onto the new head.

View attachment 371308

The rooted hair looks a bit messy, which is probably why HT eventually went with sculpted hair. It might look better if it was tied back, which is how she wore it in the 3rd act. It also opens up the possibility of doing a white suit version of her.

Attachments

• ripley.jpg
    ripley.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 337
Anybody buy this head yet from OSK...?

s-l1600.jpg

I've been tempted. I bought a spare Ripley head to have it haired a while back. Just can't be sure what the hair on the OSK will look like when you get it in hand, especially when he says it will vary from head to head. It's not that expensive, so might be worth the risk.

Wow, that's what I was afraid of. Looks like she was in the middle of a hurricane. The base head is adequate, although I'm not sure I like how the mouth turned out. Ends up looking good as Aliens Ripley.

Well, Kit said in the description for that head sculpt that the hair was going to be long and wild, and left up to the user to cut and style it, for whatever look you wanted, so it’s not meant to be perfect (this is clearly one for more skilled bashers).

It might look better if it was tied back, which is how she wore it in the 3rd act. It also opens up the possibility of doing a white suit version of her.

That's exactly what my thoughts were with any haired Ripley. This sculpt looks like it might work best like that.

Pizza's on it! Thank you for that. I'm actually surprised how thick the hair is on the head -- usually if you cut that much off you can see bald patches all over the head.

My rooted hair heads arrived so i started the conversion.

Cut the scalp off the old head and pulled the rooted hair off the new head.

rip_head_1.jpg

Early test fit. Once glued down, any gaps filled and painted a dark brown, it will look a lot better.

rip_head_2.jpg rip_head_3.jpg

Photoshop with darker hair

rip_head_4.jpg

Rooted hair really only looks good if it's kept long. Cutting it short, causes it to go spiky, as there is not enough weight in the hair strands to pull it downward.

That actually looks pretty cool. Might try this myself except I will just sculpt new hair from scratch. Hair isnt hard to sculpt.

kyekye that looks fantastic , I have one of these rooted sculpts , I am nervous in regards to cutting the hair , although it needs to be done.

Got my head glued and painted and i think it came out pretty good. I think i stuck the hair down sitting very slightly too high, but i will do it better on the 2nd one. Might give it a black wash, just to give it some more depth. As the paint was still a little wet, no chance to mount it onto the body just yet. A fairly cheap and easy mod that gives the figure a new life, but it does make the rest of the marines look really dated. There's definitely money to be made by casting the hairpiece and offering an "Aliens" look head utilising the exact same Ripley head.

Will try to get less blurry pics, when it is fitted proper.

rip_head_5.jpg

rip_head_6.jpg

rip_head_7.jpg

rip_head_8.jpg

Back