1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to wade through 1000+ posts, so this might have come up before...
Has anyone seen this on eBay?
I bought one for $33, and it's great. The photos don't do it justice at all. I was a bit reluctant, but I'm really glad I got it.
I wanted the original rooted hair that was planned by HT, and this delivers very nicely.

Pros:
This is NOT a recast- it's a total resculpt, and a closer likeness than HT.
It's the same colored vinyl material as HT, not resin.
The paint apps look very professional and are more accurate than HT.
The photos below show shiny hair, but that's just caused by the lighting; the hair is not shiny in-hand.
The eBay description says it was given too much hair on purpose, to allow for clipping and styling.
Most specialty upgrade heads cost around $80 to $90... this is $33.

Cons:
The neck socket up inside the head is too small for the HT neck ball... easily fixed.
Once the socket is enlarged and the head is on, the neck is a bit too short... again, easily fixed.
I think the hair length is good as-is, but styling and futzing it will devour your soul and leave you an empty, mindless husk.

(to fix the neck length, I'm going to pull out the socket and add some filler under it, then re-install it so the head sits higher.)

I judged the stock HT head at about a 7, but this one is a 9. Recommended, and well worth the money. REALLY fast free shipping from Hong Kong to the USA too; surprisingly fast.

111s-l1600.jpg1111s-l1600.jpg11111s-l1600.jpg111111s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I judged the stock HT head at about a 7, but this one is a 9. Recommended, and well worth the money.
alright, i caved in and purchased it, too. thanks for the advertising. i cannot ignore an accuracy advice from a person who manually redid every ED-209 decal for accuracy.

:lol
yeah i remember. pity it never arrived.

I remember (I think) you telling me you were in Russia, and there was no way for you to receive mail.
You told me you were going to try to find a different address I could send it to, but I never heard anything...
I can't remember all the details, it was years ago.

yep, so i preferred to forget about them. i wouldn't have patience to put decals today anyway if they suddenly arrived, became too lazy :slap

i don't care about boobs size. which nude body fits Ripley's head skin color? :pray:

Underneath. It still resulted in rough edges at the sides when I, erm, flattened them, which a thin vest wasn't enough to hide to my satisfaction.

I'm not going to wade through 1000+ posts, so this might have come up before...
Has anyone seen this on eBay?
I bought one for $33, and it's great. The photos don't do it justice at all. I was a bit reluctant, but I'm really glad I got it.
I wanted the original rooted hair that was planned by HT, and this delivers very nicely.

Pros:
This is NOT a recast- it's a total resculpt, and a closer likeness than HT.
It's the same colored vinyl material as HT, not resin.
The paint apps look very professional and are more accurate than HT.
The photos below show shiny hair, but that's just caused by the lighting; the hair is not shiny in-hand.
The eBay description says it was given too much hair on purpose, to allow for clipping and styling.
Most specialty upgrade heads cost around $80 to $90... this is $33.

Cons:
The neck socket up inside the head is too small for the HT neck ball... easily fixed.
Once the socket is enlarged and the head is on, the neck is a bit too short... again, easily fixed.
I think the hair length is good as-is, but styling and futzing it will devour your soul and leave you an empty, mindless husk.

(to fix the neck length, I'm going to pull out the socket and add some filler under it, then re-install it so the head sits higher.)

I judged the stock HT head at about a 7, but this one is a 9. Recommended, and well worth the money. REALLY fast free shipping from Hong Kong to the USA too; surprisingly fast.

View attachment 428532View attachment 428533View attachment 428534View attachment 428535

Just purchased one on ebay for $33, always wanted OG rooted hair, after styling it, will tie it in back. Wor Gar mentioned this to me but you convinced me to try it.

PS The seller has sold a pantload of these heads.

Back