1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my head glued and painted and i think it came out pretty good. I think i stuck the hair down sitting very slightly too high, but i will do it better on the 2nd one. Might give it a black wash, just to give it some more depth. As the paint was still a little wet, no chance to mount it onto the body just yet. A fairly cheap and easy mod that gives the figure a new life, but it does make the rest of the marines look really dated. There's definitely money to be made by casting the hairpiece and offering an "Aliens" look head utilising the exact same Ripley head.

Will try to get less blurry pics, when it is fitted proper.

View attachment 425497

Not bad. Her hair was higher when it wasn't sweaty or rain-soaked so I think you can get away with this. NECA did 2 versions of her hair in Aliens.

Marine boy, I think you sold me. I was nervous about trying to cut and style the hair, but this seems like a reasonable "fall back" plan if I screw it up! Looks solid.

Looks pretty much like the HT version. Hair is bad out of the bag, but its thick and very manageable which is good. I think this is a great solution for those who wanted the rooted hair by HT originally.

Might be a week or so but I'll post side by sides and pictures once futzed of course.

Comparison of the Ripley heads, L-R, Original - Power Loader - Modified Alien custom

ripley_heads.jpg

Just got one on amazon they said only 10 left I had to before it sold out. But then again I’m not sure how true that is... either way I’ve been eyeballing this one I’m punped

Got my ripley in but her leg was broken at the knee.... anybody ever fixed those or should I just return it and get another one?

I already sent it back the socket was broken pieces of the joint were falling out it was toast.... but she looked awesome other than that

I've been experimenting with some backdrop shots of my modded Aliens Ripley figure. The head is the one described earlier fitted onto a Wonder Woman body. This body is a perfect replacement, as the skin tone is a perfect match, the arms are seamless and the body is larger than most, giving Ripley the extra height she desperately needs. Finding one cheap loose and at reasonable cost is the hard part. I picked up 2 a while back for £50 each as i could see then the possibilities they presented. Right now the boots are just pushed onto the ends of the legs as i don't have the correct pegs. Posing the figure is difficult right now as a result.

The pictures were taken using my monitor as a backdrop, with some pocket torches and a colour changing LED bulb for lighting.

rip1.jpg

rip2.jpg

rip3.jpg

rip4.jpg

rip5.jpg

rip6.jpg

Comparison with Alien Ripley, which has some ankle extenders fitted. I had to wrap some masking tape round the pegs, as the sockets were a loose fit. Aliens Ripley is just a little too tall by comparison. The recast head has a slightly different paint app compared to the original HT one. This is actually good, since there was 7 years (IRL) between movies (or 57 in deep space) so you would expect her to look slightly different.

rip7.jpg

Leather jacket version, from the ZCWO Pilot Carson figure.

rip8.jpg

rip9.jpg

rip10.jpg

rip11.jpg

I've been experimenting with some backdrop shots of my modded Aliens Ripley figure. The head is the one described earlier fitted onto a Wonder Woman body. This body is a perfect replacement, as the skin tone is a perfect match, the arms are seamless and the body is larger than most, giving Ripley the extra height she desperately needs. Finding one cheap loose and at reasonable cost is the hard part. I picked up 2 a while back for £50 each as i could see then the possibilities they presented. Right now the boots are just pushed onto the ends of the legs as i don't have the correct pegs. Posing the figure is difficult right now as a result.

The pictures were taken using my monitor as a backdrop, with some pocket torches and a colour changing LED bulb for lighting.

View attachment 427327

View attachment 427329

View attachment 427331

View attachment 427334

View attachment 427335

View attachment 427336

awesome shots man!

Back