1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She'll fit right in:

Rocky_Horror_throne_screencap.jpg

I'm warning you, she's not happy...

giphy.gif

I just can't ****ing believe this forum at times ....... people moan and ****ing moan when it was nowhere to be seen and then no ****er is happy when it arrives.
Infact it's a rare occasion when we get a figure people love , every ****ing figure gets slagged off on here no matter what it is.
If you can do any better go ****ing do it !
RANT OVER LOL.

That's actually one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

That cat though.

Saw this fleetingly in Facebook, and while an improvement, it's still not good enough.
Ripley, especially Alien Ripley, is one of my favourite characters, and this does not do her justice. If I had a decent 1/6 scale alien, I might give it a go, but as a stand alone piece, it would have to be very close to perfection for me to buy it.

I just can't ****ing believe this forum at times ....... people moan and ****ing moan when it was nowhere to be seen and then no ****er is happy when it arrives.
Infact it's a rare occasion when we get a figure people love , every ****ing figure gets slagged off on here no matter what it is.
If you can do any better go ****ing do it !
RANT OVER LOL.

maxresdefault.jpg

Was this posted previously? Very well done video here comparing the sculpt with the real face. Really nice comparison!
yeah... that's what several last pages war is about :dunno

Might have to dob in HT to the RSPCA about that poor cat

Ripley looks... okay tho. I suppose the problem is this figure has looked okay the entire time, it was never as awful as some of the drama queens would have had it, but never as good as it could be either. Still think the jumpsuit is "off" etc

But it's over, finally. To the Aliens Ripley thread!

And I'll never understand those who have a problem with people giving their critique of a figure in a comment thread, because they happen to see things a bit differently. :dunno

I'm not sure it's seeing things a BIT differently that gets people worked up. It's when some people go to extremes with their critiques. I've been upset by figures that I've really wanted that turned out subpar, Matrix, BD Terminator to name a couple, but I refrain from saying they're garbage or they look nothing like the person they're supposed to when it's clearly a gross exaggeration. This hobby has advanced by leaps and bounds in recent years, but no one has developed a process that guarantees a 100% likeness match yet. That is however what we've come to expect.

Bloody hell people... we have a Ripley figure... from A L I E N... is anything in this life perfect, I mean 100% perfect... I personally think its bloody amazing for a 1/6th scale figure, but if I want to I could find fault in any figure from the Blitzway's Carlito to Hot Toys Doc Strange or even Godfather... everything is indicative of the time it's created, and things generally get progressively better. We actually live in charmed times. Maybe you'd rather this just didn't exist, so you didn't have to think about it, or worry about it... because your first world problems are sooooo huge... you gotta ask yourself punk, how much you love the movies and how much Warrent Officer Ellen Ripley means to you... because I've happily lived with the one in my HT Power Loader for years... is this bettter... bet your sweet fish belly white pathetic little ass it is... now stfu and go out and enjoy the world! 😉

Nah... people taking advantage of nostalgia in our time is all. It's no coincidence of a charmed paradigm.

When we're gone, they'll sell the next generation replicas of original cellphones.

To be honest... we should be happy to sit with the warm fuzzy memories... only some of us sadly... need more... something visceral... tangible...

Last edited:
oops i wanted to comment those numerous "... ..." but then saw a giant MODERATOR sign. :panic:
i really dodged a bullet there!

oops i wanted to comment those numerous "... ..." but then saw a giant MODERATOR sign. :panic:
i really dodged a bullet there!

Lol... go for your life... well 'moderately respectfully' 😉

Oh... I'll critique the ass outa this soon... it had to be done, but by the power of Greyskull and the Lords of Kobol I'm so happy it exists...

Last edited:
Back