1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought we'd changed this record with the new Wolf Predator, but it keeps repeating.
what, did he stop making complex, multi-detailed devices as a single piece of warped plastic? didn't notice that.
of course if you don't understand what i even mean because you cannot compare complexity of pre-Tsang predator armor to new ones because you never even had 1.0 versions, and thus cannot see why turning a complex detail into one piece mold resembles his style, that's another story. it means you don't even know why he sucks from the beginning - and think it's only because of his ugly sculpts.
nope, it isn't. it's mainly about his way of cheapening everything way below other HT product standarts.

I can't believe it... Is it a PRINTED PIECE OF FABRIC???? I think it's a shame. I'm "sad" because I wanted a Ripley figure, but I'm thinking to pass and to buy Hoth Leia...

I can't believe it... Is it a PRINTED PIECE OF FABRIC???? I think it's a shame. I'm "sad" because I wanted a Ripley figure, but I'm thinking to pass and to buy Hoth Leia...

I guess its a bit cheap, but I cant think of any figs I pose with their butts facing me, maybe some at a three quarter angle.

That was probably what the delay was.

They spent the last 9 months trying to create an intricate lace-up design they could mass produce.

Then one day Howard said, "The kids on Facebook are getting really annoying. It's getting so bad I can't even hear myself say 'Iron Man'. Just print the ****ing thing and be done with it!" :lol

I think the problem is that she doesn't look ALIVE. Yes, I see Weaver now, but I see a lifeless Weaver...

...so what you're saying is, the looks accurate to the subject matter...

Sigourney-Weaver.jpg

:monkey3

There have been some promising photos taken of the figure, and a lot of bad photos and fuzzy videos.

It comes down to the lighting and posing in your own display. Plus the fact that the figure is a lot smaller than she appears in most photos.

This image has more of an intensity to it:

37096279891_9f7548d65b_c.jpg

And here, the figure looks more aware than the daydreaming Sigourney herself:

37067071182_a6c9e5f9a9_o.jpg

It might not be perfect, but very few figures are due to the 'artistic interpretation' of reality. It looks close enough for me. The big mystery is how they sanctioned the Jones sculpt.

...so what you're saying is, the looks accurate to the subject matter...

Sigourney-Weaver.jpg

:monkey3

There have been some promising photos taken of the figure, and a lot of bad photos and fuzzy videos.

It comes down to the lighting and posing in your own display. Plus the fact that the figure is a lot smaller than she appears in most photos.

This image has more of an intensity to it:

37096279891_9f7548d65b_c.jpg

And here, the figure looks more aware than the daydreaming Sigourney herself:

37067071182_a6c9e5f9a9_o.jpg

It might not be perfect, but very few figures are due to the 'artistic interpretation' of reality. It looks close enough for me. The big mystery is how they sanctioned the Jones sculpt.

I like this picture (only...)

21728838_10154863065522344_5690419206195618889_o.jpg

I like this picture (only...)

21728838_10154863065522344_5690419206195618889_o.jpg

Yes, there is life in the face. You just have to find it with the pose.

Most times I photograph a figure it sucks the life right out of it. And it dissuades me from posting the photo because it doesn't reflect what I see on the shelf. It just does the figure a disservice.

It's ironic that Hot Toys' professional photos can also do that.

Will need to see the figure in person, that's the only way to truly know. :exactly:
pics can be very deceiving.

giphy.gif

I've had very few regrets when buying figures.

I generally receive what I expected to see, and sometimes a figure surpasses expectations (like Sideshow's Freddy).

I'm sad and angry at the same time. I always wanted a 1/6 Ripley figure... but now it's a reality and I don't like her. (crying like a child right now). :lol

Back