1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF those teeth...

21743391_1487117364701007_7872237002272140330_n.jpg

No worse than Wonder Woman, plus thats pretty poor lighting.

Shame, I'm not feeling the headsculpt. If only the eyelids resembled Sigourney's more closely. Those play a vital part in capture her default expression.

Did they update the cat? I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest. The price also rubs me the wrong way but if the price drops below $200, I'll try to get one.

so i said they changed the face - and i was right!

ao_Simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

at everybody who didn't believe that!

now i don't know who that is.

God some of you are hard to please.

The cat is **** but who cares about the damn cat, the rest is fine.

I think this figure doesn't have a high demand (In HK)since Budget Stark mention on FB all po can be picked up at secret base for one day only. She may sell out quick.

REALLY???? I preordered her last year on may!!!

HONESTLY, that is what i was told by Sideshow during a live chat 2 weeks ago.
The operator told be she also had the figure on order but said because i ordered mine from the start it would be sent directly from their HK warehouse.

If I receive mine looking like this then i'd be VERY HAPPY, she looks incredible :

21728790_10154863067242344_4721741974950956485_o.jpg

I'm still surprised people were slamming this sculpt way back when. Say what you will about the rooted hair, but the upper eyelids were much more prominent and greatly helped the likeness.

ugyhe2yb.jpg

That's the one area where the final sculpt could use some improvement. They seem to have gotten rid of her eyelids entirely.

Apart from that, I'm happy with it. Spent the last ten minutes looking at photos from the 1979 production and, while her eyelids were definitely more prominent, her overall 'look' seemed to change depending on angle and light, much like this figure. This is likely the best we're going to get, especially for economic reasons.

Will place my order come morning. In the words of Alien 3's Morse: "____ it! Let's go for it!"

Back