1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its almost too good to be true, im expecting to hear that the delivery truck thats meant to bring it to me has exploded midway.

Though the tweaks are somewhat minor--more pronounced cheeks, eyes slightly closer together--there are definite improvements to the sculpt in terms of the face and hair. Delay is worth it!

Were they not able to attain the facial likeness of Jonesy or something?
The Jonesy estate is really particular about who they will sign the collectible likeness rights off to. It's a real shame, but what can you do?

Were they not able to attain the facial likeness of Jonesy or something?
poor Jonesy actor is definitely dead for a couple of decades now, of course they couldn't get his likeness rights.

Regarding Jonesy, would you prefer this?
21728682_10154863066942344_1982470749021203209_o.jpg

Or this?

up_14.jpg

w3kiFjN.jpg

44eqOyy.gif

She came out decent. Not amazing, but still really cool. No extra money to get her now but if she sticks around for a few months, I may take the plunge to put her with my Ghostbusters.

poor Jonesy actor is definitely dead for a couple of decades now, of course they couldn't get his likeness rights.

If they couldn't get the rights for 79 Jones they should have approached the 86 Jones estate. I've heard they're way more open to allowing his likeness to be used for collectibles.

She came out decent. Not amazing, but still really cool. No extra money to get her now but if she sticks around for a few months, I may take the plunge to put her with my Ghostbusters.

For over $200, it's not decent. Decent would be used if this was $150.

The time just flew by didn't it. I'm so glad we were all here to support each other :lol

SHE looks great...but that cat...I'm hiding that thing in the carrier forever :lol

Time sure flies when HT is pumping out Iron Man after Iron Man.

Figure and likeness are excellent! Will be looking forward to mine arriving. I have a pretty strong standard for detail but am not envious of those who can be deterred from a figure based upon the likeness of 1/6 scale eyelids...glad my scrutiny only goes so far so I am still able to enjoy collecting!

Back