1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Ohhhhhhhh.

I really want this figure, but I think I'm done with "real hair". It's a couple of decades old now (Triad) and has seldom been done right. Sideshow of all people kinda won me over with The Baroness. Enough with the dolls. This would be an instant purchase without the Barbie hair.

I really want this figure, but I think I'm done with "real hair". It's a couple of decades old now (Triad) and has seldom been done right. Sideshow of all people kinda won me over with The Baroness. Enough with the dolls. This would be an instant purchase without the Barbie hair.

g8be75b56.gif

Get with the program, Hot Toys. Attica! Attica!

Yeah, ^ that's it ^ without rambling.

Generally, it just doesn't look realistic, or satisfactory really.

The rooted hair on this figure looks more realistic than any sculpt I've ever seen.

Man this looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Love that first movie Ripley, will def pick that up, cant wait!

Absolutely incredible.
The new proto looks way better, and i already thought the first one looked fine!
Even the hair is pretty perfect.
I can imagine Weaver signing off on this no trouble. It's the perfect representation of a young Sigourney in my eyes.

Absolutely incredible.
The new proto looks way better, and i already thought the first one looked fine!
Even the hair is pretty perfect.
I can imagine Weaver signing off on this no trouble. It's the perfect representation of a young Sigourney in my eyes.
I absolutely love the HS it does indeed look just like a young Weaver. Incredible sculpt.

It's the perfect representation of a young Sigourney in my eyes.
but it's a terrible representation of a young Sigourney in reality.

but it's a terrible representation of a young Sigourney in reality.

Are you in the 'looks too old' camp or in a ''still doesn't even look like her'' camp?

The camp I'm in: If you look at the figure by itself, it looks like Weaver.
If you look at comparison photos side-by-side of the sculpt and the real face, it's off a bit.
Doesn't bother me at all; I'm not planning on displaying the figure with a photo of Weaver next to it.

There were no Marines in Alien. I want non-space suit Dallas and Ash.

Yup, Dallas and Ash would be insta-buys for me.

And, hoping against hope, an accurate, non-rubber-body alien.
Actually, HT should just buy NECA's original sculpt and take it to their factories to make their figure. Would save us all a lot of grief.

The camp I'm in: If you look at the figure by itself, it looks like Weaver.
If you look at comparison photos side-by-side of the sculpt and the real face, it's off a bit.
Doesn't bother me at all; I'm not planning on displaying the figure with a photo of Weaver next to it.

I can subscribe to that. I actually haven't really gone beyond the first part in the case of Ripley. But I go as far as the second part with Arnie figures all the time and come to that same conclusion. Figure by itself - clear resemblance. Figure next to screengrab - ok....errrrr.

I can subscribe to that. I actually haven't really gone beyond the first part in the case of Ripley. But I go as far as the second part with Arnie figures all the time and come to that same conclusion. Figure by itself - clear resemblance. Figure next to screengrab - ok....errrrr.

To be fair they are all like that. Every HT figure only looks marginally like the real thing when you compare it to a screengrab. Even the Reeve Supes which is my pinnacle of HT excellence. It's great on it's own. Next a photo? Not 100%.
But many of them are close enough.

I don't know about that. "Mandarin" and Vito Corleone are pretty damn spot on IMO. But yeah, in general I agree. The most I expect is that they capture the real distinctive characteristics and essence of a character, and produce an aesthetically pleasing sculpt in the process.

Yup, Dallas and Ash would be insta-buys for me.

And, hoping against hope, an accurate, non-rubber-body alien.
Actually, HT should just buy NECA's original sculpt and take it to their factories to make their figure. Would save us all a lot of grief.

I was hoping for that too. Maybe in a couple of years if the Rip fig sells well.

Back