1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Instant preorder! She looks great to me!

(But Garfield is staying in the box.)

Now to wait till next spring for her to ship.

Last edited:

I think it's funny HT references April 26 as Alien Day in the presser on fb. Why didn't they reveal this on the actual day?

On one hand it's the best Weaver sculpt so far, on the other it's dissapointing knowing what HT is capable of.
HUGE mistake with the slightly open mouth.
That's not a Weaver mannerism like it is for Mark Hamill.
Give us ALIENS Ripley!!

I can see the likeness in the mouth region but less so above that. Not terrible but not one of the greats either.

I am FINE with the molded hair here. On those earlier prototypes, the rooted hair just pushed into butch-barbie land. This looks great!

C'mon Sideshow/HT....take my money!!

DHTSn8b.gif

On one hand it's the best Weaver sculpt so far, on the other it's dissapointing knowing what HT is capable of.
HUGE mistake with the slightly open mouth.
That's not a Weaver mannerism like it is for Mark Hamill.
Give us ALIENS Ripley!!

Open mouth is most definitely a must if you wanna recreate the more intense scenes.

Am I the only one happy about the no rooted hair? No offense to anyone who liked that, but they look more like dolls with rooted hair.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Open mouth is most definitely a must if you wanna recreate the more intense scenes.

The thing is if you have to have her open mouthed like that it's not the bottom teeth you'd see, it's her upper front teeth.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

The thing is if you have to have her open mouthed like that it's not the bottom teeth you'd see, it's her upper front teeth.
View attachment 263183View attachment 263184View attachment 263185View attachment 263186View attachment 263187View attachment 263188

Yes I might have preferred that too but those are relaxed - I think they are going for the more intense Ripley that usually shows her under teeth. I know these are Aliens photos but that's what first popped up:
6386b9697ef87d78913b76b599ef07fa.jpg
b68d3dfde9013cf95500fdb0ff06d974.jpg
74587f27441006b18c4aabc069481bce.jpg

I knew she showed bottom teeth. Not sure I can tell which set, upper or lower, are sculpted on the Hot Toys figure though.

I knew she showed bottom teeth. Not sure I can tell which set, upper or lower, are sculpted on the Hot Toys figure though.

Button teeth are showing in the sculpt.

Yes I might have preferred that too but those are relaxed - I think they are going for the more intense Ripley that usually shows her under teeth. I know these are Aliens photos but that's what first popped up:
6386b9697ef87d78913b76b599ef07fa.jpg
b68d3dfde9013cf95500fdb0ff06d974.jpg
74587f27441006b18c4aabc069481bce.jpg

She looks like a human piranha when she does that, again not a optimal look for a sculpt imo.

She looks like a human piranha when she does that, again not a optimal look for a sculpt imo.

Hehe yes I know, but that look is one of the defining looks of Ripley - especially in Aliens and A3 maybe - so I get why they go for it.

The other thing that's bugging me is the lack of upper eye lid in the sculpt. But it's probably not going to be revised so gotta make peace with it.

Back