1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

looking at them in halves, it's way more convincing for each respective view-

r6vEWBm.jpg

Definetly nailed it

Now look at just the eyes to nose-

VdQ7Xzv.jpg

Looks decent.

But when you look at it as a whole, it's weird it tends to lose a tad of accuracy. Almost like an optical illusion.

looking at them in halves, it's way more convincing for each respective view-

r6vEWBm.jpg

Definetly nailed it

Now look at just the eyes to nose-

VdQ7Xzv.jpg

Looks decent.

But when you look at it as a whole, it's weird it tends to lose a tad of accuracy. Almost like an optical illusion.

I said it: the eyes are the problem.

Yo participaria mucho mas!!! Pero me cuesta mucho expresarme, asi que acabo tan solo diciendo frases cortas y dando poco mi opinion sobre nada. Ojala los traductores progresen un poco mas aun

We are talking about toys, so we could speak like childs! ��

Es broma.

I think the eye shape looks fine. There may be a slight issue where they are not aligned but this sculpt is a winner. Bring it already, HT.

Staying tuned for pre-order announcement.

I just got an email from sideshow....subject a PSA.....

it was a reminder about mother's day....but then I thought for a second....'Mother'.......hmmmm Wouldn't that be funny, they release the pre order on mother's day...would be the only apt and timely thing they've done with this whole debacle...

I just got an email from sideshow....subject a PSA.....

it was a reminder about mother's day....but then I thought for a second....'Mother'.......hmmmm Wouldn't that be funny, they release the pre order on mother's day...would be the only apt and timely thing they've done with this whole debacle...

Ha ha ha. Yes, I have received the same emal...

More (horrible) pictures... from Twitter. (My apologies, I can't remember the user).

IMG_20160506_080326.jpg

IMG_20160506_080329.jpg

IMG_20160506_080219.jpg

Not as bad as that..;).some people says that it is possible that hot toys will open the preorder on the 8t, last day of aliens day and alien is the 8 passenger...cross your fingers...xD

I think we've seen enough pics of this same prototype at this point for me to declare this a Sigourney-esque likeness but just not quite there. And the neck is still too thin but that's always gonna be a problem to some extent with ball-joint heads.

Ripley: Any suggestions from you or Mother?

Ash: No....we're still tuning.....

Ripley: You're what? Still tuning? I find that hard to believe....

Ash: What would you like me to do?

Ripley: Just what you've been doing Ash... staying tuned....I've got access to Mother now and I'll stay tuned thank you...

I'm totally pleased with what we're seeing here.

<< tuned in, baby.

Yeah me too. I think if your expecting perfection from hot toys your never gonna get it because perfection is a myth.

Think she looks great. I actually would've preferred the routed hair but this is cool too. Now when the feck is it being released?!

This is no worse than their Star Wars likenesses, or Returns Bruce Wayne, or most of their other recent releases. I mean it's not Damaged Robo/Murphy, Mandarin or Alfred levels here, but it's still a decent attempt at Ripley. I like it better than that weird ALIENS Ripley that is currently in the Power Loader.

We also have to keep in mind the environment in which she's being displayed. The white floor lighting of the display floor never gives these figures any favors.

Just show us the ****ing specs/pics already!

From some angles she looks good. Full frontal not so much... I think I'm more into the last rooted hair one even if it looked more like Aliens Ripley than Alien Ripley. ...BUT I'd take this one.

Looking at the new pics I can see something of Sigourney Weaver but the sculpting seems a bit soft.
SW as Ripley tends to have a tautness to her facial muscles - guess having a a slobbering space beastie hunt you makes you a bit stressed.

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Looking at the new pics I can see something of Sigourney Weaver but the sculpting seems a bit soft.
SW as Ripley tends to have a tautness to her facial muscles - guess having a a slobbering space beastie hunt you makes you a bit stressed.

Her features were quite soft in Alien, this sculpt might take the softness a tiny bit far, not sure, but I don't think that's the main problem. Believe it might be the eyes are too close together... And when Ripley shows her button teeth like she does here it's usually when she's under intense pressure and the rest of her face does not show that as much...
But again, I don't think that a single figure I own has a perfect sculpted head.

We also have to keep in mind the environment in which she's being displayed. The white floor lighting of the display floor never gives these figures any favors.

This! One thing that this latest batch of pictures pretty much all have in common is the horrible lighting and in some cases flash photography that is completely washing out all of the detail of the sculpt. In my opinion, this makes it really unfair, if not impossible to really judge the sculpt as we can't see any fine detail or texturing that we are used to seeing on modern head sculpts.

I honestly think this is the same improved head sculpt that we saw a while back, only with the addition of the sculpted hair.

Back