1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I came close to buying the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker (either the regular or Stormtrooper) and maybe Vader, but talked myself out of it.

In my experience, Star Wars collectibles are never really fun to collect in the long run. Too extensive and substantial.

I came close to buying the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker (either the regular or Stormtrooper) and maybe Vader, but talked myself out of it.

In my experience, Star Wars collectibles are never really fun to collect in the long run. Too extensive and substantial.
New Hope Luke, Han, Chewy, Leia, Obi Wan, R2, 3PO, Vader, 2 Storm Troopers, done. I'll get a few others here or there (Emperor, Boba Fett, Bespin Luke, Lando), but nothing more than that needed. Just like T2 figures are excessive/extraneous.

New Hope Luke, Han, Chewy, Leia, Obi Wan, R2, 3PO, Vader, 2 Storm Troopers, done. I'll get a few others here or there (Emperor, Boba Fett, Bespin Luke, Lando), but nothing more than that needed. Just like T2 figures are excessive/extraneous.

:lol

:lol

When they first put out figures, it was "Terminator expendable." The next time they released Predators. They were expendable, too. What makes you think they're gonna care about a bunch of truckers and soldiers who found death at the ass-end of space? You really think they're gonna let these licenses interfere with their plans for Disney? They think we're crud. And they don't give a **** about one grail of yours that's been cancelled. Not one.

When they first put out figures, it was "Terminator expendable." The next time they released Predators. They were expendable, too. What makes you think they're gonna care about a bunch of truckers and soldiers who found death at the ass-end of space? You really think they're gonna let these licenses interfere with their plans for Disney? They think we're crud. And they don't give a **** about one grail of yours that's been cancelled. Not one.

I wish Marvel's Iron Man never came to me, I wish Disney never bought Star Wars. I wish none of this had ever happened.

I wish Marvel's Iron Man never came to me, I wish Disney never bought Star Wars. I wish none of this had ever happened.

frodo-baggins.jpg

e66851cb5675b3a3f4525fff2617275c.jpg
5dbbb3a6863d240bd184068b6a9018cb.jpg
6617e3983ddca0b9f7c7c908ca3d480f.jpg
3770e67b47cef68b47659c38aa609b8d.jpg

MUCH clearer images. The sculpt looks much better.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics. :duff It's not a bad likeness...so long as you aren't looking at it head-on. :lol
:lecture:exactly:
the sculpt is almost perfect, may be just a little mod needed:

woman-smiling-paper-bag-head-19103515.jpg

e66851cb5675b3a3f4525fff2617275c.jpg

MUCH clearer images. The sculpt looks much better.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Still not crazy about this sculpt compared to the previous iteration, but I do like the fact that this isn't Ripley after a trip to the tanning salon. I can actually see pinks, yellows and subtle variations of colour in the flesh, unlike a lot of other recent figures...

this view/angle looks the best imho

So are they closing up show over at the expo in Japan, so if they were going to wait until AFTER the alien week thing......I guess we just need to stay tuned...just a little bit longer!!

this view/angle looks the best imho

So are they closing up show over at the expo in Japan, so if they were going to wait until AFTER the alien week thing......I guess we just need to stay tuned...just a little bit longer!!

It goes to the 8th of May. Few days left.

Likeness is fine ( it had to be approved by Karen, I mean Sigourney) I'm still a rooted hair guy, I think there will be poseability restrictions with the sculpted hair, especially with any pose with her head tilted back or to the side ( I must credit Wor-Gar here as he first brought this up.)

Also, I'm concerned HT is just mailing in the details on her outfit. I think I may have seen a lace on the back of her pants, so there may be some kind of corset they made hopefully, but I seriously doubt it will be accurately as elaborate as her Nostromo uniform. Plus, don't want to nit here but she didn't wear a jumpsuit, it was a green shirt and pants (you can witness this in one short scene) but I actually like the jumpsuit look better. Her white collar undershirt was the same design many crew members wore, although some like ASh, had a different color) but they all had gold snaps, pencil pockets and crew emblems which I doubt HT will spend any time on as it is not a Marvel or SW figure.

All in all would love to have this on my shelf, and oh, something positive, at least HT made the effort to resculpt Jonesy, I like that.

Last edited:

This is looking good. The hair could be a little bit more on the brown side, as opposed to straight black.

Staying tuned for the pre-order.

Back