1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Stay tuned, you must

e9f8dae1be1bed9c9140ccbce91753b6.jpg

Come on HT - show us more pictures! ARGH!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And they just announced a 1/4 Kylo Ren. Are they serious? Star Wars day already killed Alien Day and it's only been a couple of hours.

I hope this is another case of poor lighting... because this looks like another John Matrix situation. Head is way too wide, and she has no tone to her face at all.
I guess I souldn't be so quick to pounce. Their Bespin Luke looked atrocious in the lead up pics, then - although it still looks like Tom Cruise, the sculpt turned out really nice in the end. :lol

I guess I souldn't be so quick to pounce. Their Bespin Luke looked atrocious in the lead up pics, then - although it still looks like Tom Cruise, the sculpt turned out really nice in the end. :lol

I didn't hear the Cruise comparison before :lol

Yeah Bespin Luke turned out real good, much much better than ANH IMO.

Stay tuned, you must

e9f8dae1be1bed9c9140ccbce91753b6.jpg

Oh nice, I didn't see that this got teased. I hope the price is proportionate to his stature. Highly unlikely, it will be.

Last edited:

So.....yeah, these rapid-fire May the 4th announcements from Hot Toys are really pissing me off.

1/4 Kylo........CHECK!
1/6 Yoda........CHECK!
1/6 Han & Chewie TFA editions.......CHECK!

Alien Day

Ripley.......here's another prototype?
Big Chap.......just kidding about that pic in the catalog.
Marines..........haha that's hilarious, not happening!

may the farce be with you Hot Toys....

Conclusion: Why are we talking about it if this Ripley is a big piece of plastic crap!!! Let's go to Star Wars thread!!!

:rotfl

Conclusion: Why are we talking about it if this Ripley is a big piece of plastic crap!!! Let's go to Star Wars thread!!!

If they make it I don't think it'll be bad, I just want them to release it, then I think I'll pretty much be done! I only pre-ordered Rey/BB from sideshow, it will be the only SW HT figure I own. Even though SW was the first movie I saw when I was barely 2yrs old, I do remember it but I think as time went on, I'm a far bigger Alien fan than SW fan. I need this fig in my collection!

Jesus. A 1/4 Kylo Ren.

Is he even that ICONIC to get TWO releases in less than a year?

FFS.

I don't collect the HT SW figures, even though I'm a huge fan, it's going to be never ending and I don't have enough self control. I had all of the ANH figures and sold them off a couple of months ago so I wouldn't be tempted, and I'm happy I did.

If they make it I don't think it'll be bad, I just want them to release it, then I think I'll pretty much be done! I only pre-ordered Rey/BB from sideshow, it will be the only SW HT figure I own. Even though SW was the first movie I saw when I was barely 2yrs old, I do remember it but I think as time went on, I'm a far bigger Alien fan than SW fan. I need this fig in my collection!

I'm agree. Big alien fan here, too.

I don't collect the HT SW figures, even though I'm a huge fan, it's going to be never ending and I don't have enough self control. I had all of the ANH figures and sold them off a couple of months ago so I wouldn't be tempted, and I'm happy I did.

That must have been very tough, but very wise. Star Wars is a massive commitment. While I'm not exactly overflowing with imminent must-haves I've still been considering cutting back even further and selling any of my Hot Toys stuff that isn't T1/T2/Robocop/Burton Batman/Reeve Superman. I reckon I too would be happy if I did it and yet while I still have them it's hard to bring myself to do it.

That must have been very tough, but very wise. Star Wars is a massive commitment. While I'm not exactly overflowing with imminent must-haves I've still been considering cutting back even further and selling any of my Hot Toys stuff that isn't T1/T2/Robocop/Burton Batman/Reeve Superman. I reckon I too would be happy if I did it and yet while I still have them it's hard to bring myself to do it.
What about the Predators? :(

Yoda 1:6 figure coming soon!
Old Han and Chewbacca 1:6 figure coming soon!
Kylo Ren 1:4 figure coming soon!

rmdSx.gif

Guess I spoke too soon about the Star Wars train stopping until late summer/fall. That's kind of ridiculous. Really clear as ever where Hot Toys' priorities are.

NW14211385591pj.jpg

Yeah, it wasn't easy, but it's a black hole that will never end, same goes for Marvel. I love the MCU and comics, but after I bought three figures, I decided I didn't want to have to sell and upgrade with every new film that was released for the next 5-10 years (at least). I decided to concentrate on franchises I loved growing up that wouldn't be revamped every year, like Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Robocop, and a few of the one offs like Hellboy, The Crow, Dredd, etc.

Only line I sorta committed fully to is Black Widow, I have the four produced and have the latest iteration on pre-order. I don't own a single CA, IM or any other one from the litany of Avengers/Iron Man stuff. I missed out too late on the original Aliens stuff, only managed to snag Ripley and Hudson, was on wait list for Hicks but that never panned out.

I once thought my Aliens obsession was unhealthy, and openly wondered if I should branch out. I decided not to. Damn happy about it.

Although I dabble in other memorabilia from my other top 10 favorite movies, nothing is a priority and I don't have a completionist mentality for anything except Aliens.

Back