1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

That was the summer of '14. I suspect that AoU, TFA and other priorities helped push stuff like that so far up the backburner it fell off the stove. HT could always revisit it...it very likely has a brighter future than the '66 Batmobile.

It's hanging out with Drax somewhere, in the exclusive VIP "Marvel Figures that We'll Tease and Never Make" Club.

Meanwhile, Ripley and Shaw are hanging out in the noticeably less fancy "Figures that We'll Tease and Never Make" Club.

Every time I look at Taylor and Barnes. Tonto. Jack Sparrow. Why no Elias? The Lone Ranger? Barbossa? Reminds me no matter what Hot Toy's says they're making doesn't mean I'll get to own it. I'm really hoping Ellen Ripley doesn't join the MIA crew. I fear Doc Brown might join that crew as well.

I'm still surprised we have not heard a distinct yes or no on whether either Ripley is coming out. I guess SDCC is our last best hope to get some news on her.

Every time I look at Taylor and Barnes. Tonto. Jack Sparrow. Why no Elias? The Lone Ranger? Barbossa? Reminds me no matter what Hot Toy's says they're making doesn't mean I'll get to own it. I'm really hoping Ellen Ripley doesn't join the MIA crew. I fear Doc Brown might join that crew as well.

Had Taylor and Barnes, sold them. You can just about have an Uncle Bob T-800 without a John Connor, you can have a Tech Noir T-800 and not have Reese and Sarah Connor - but a Platoon line with no Elias is completely pointless. A shame because they were great figures (apart from the brown instead of green outfits)

This thread has become the new Batman Returns thread for me.

A lot of wasted potential in the Platoon line. So many memorable characters. Elias, Bunny, King, and O'Neill would of been great.

I still got my Barnes. Would of gotten Taylor if they made Elias.

Bingo. :goodpost:

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Just wanted to show my progress with my Alien3 Ripley. I am still gonna get her some more accurate socks, work some more on the jacket and get her better hands. I'm also gonna get her a hoodie.
But while I wait for USPS I'm gonna start working a bit on a A3 Bishop she can play with.
12663c904b25969f3b10ca486c8219e8.jpg
IMG_1314.JPG

Last edited:

your Ripley is definitely recognisable as a character from the first sight. i wonder if you will be able to use new Ripley head for this custom when she's made.
i saw your A2 Bishop, i loved that custom a lot, but this one will be more difficult i guess.
you'll have to do a lot of sculpting to recreate his "skin" torn off and molten.

alien3_pic2.jpg

0516_1_lg.jpg

though if you have some rubber bodies you don't need, their rubber is excellent for that.
i used it to recreate "meat" on some figures and it worked so perfectly - already skin-toned, able to shape whatever you want, and then you add white goo as internal Bishop liquid (in my case it was red blood of course). see the advantages of rubber below - even without any skills on my side i think it works like it was intended to.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

you'll have to do a lot of sculpting to recreate his "skin" torn off and molten.

alien3_pic2.jpg

0516_1_lg.jpg

though if you need some rubber bodies you don't need, their rubber is excellent for that.
i used it to recreate "meat" on some figures and it worked so perfectly - already skin-toned, able to shape whatever you want, and then you add white goo as internal Bishop liquid (in my case it was red blood of course).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep. I'm trying to figure out how to do it best. If I can accept some joints and such. I'm usually not agains joints showing on action figures. But I think melting the plastic here and there could have an effect. And the head too.

But I think melting the plastic here and there could have an effect. And the head too.
melting the body is ok because there are many available for cheap... melting the custom head would not be as easy i guess :)

sorry ...new to this thread...so whats going on with HT Ripley? They not making her or whats the deal?

WOW!!! That sux! was so looking forward to picking up Ripley! This movie is a classic.

When the endo can come back from the dead, Ripley can!

Back