1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much. You can sit there and poke holes in every movie, Disney and comic book based films especially. Not sure why you'd bother though as it would suck the enjoyment out of them entirely.

While I respect your opinion coheteboy, my 8 year old is not so forgiving of your lumping Frozen into this discussion: she muttered something like 'turning you into a toad stool or mealy-worm.' :rotfl

Wow, you're an angry elf aren't you?! must be from the south pole.

Haha, I just call it how I see it. Mock all you like.
Here's a review from a woman's point of view that echoes my reaction: How Could Disney Do This To Maleficent?

I'm a fan of comic book and disney films and I give each one a chance. Even though I found a story problem in Big Hero 6 that film was so fantastic overall that I can ignore it. Frozen... has charming characters despite a script that needed several more revisions (Frozen was the first time they rewrote the story to support a song rather than the other way around). Maleficent... who's name literally means EVIL and wicked turned into Maleficent: Adventures in Babysitting, it's a huge let down and disappointment. It would actually be a somewhat decent film if it WASN'T Maleficent but a brand new character and not trapped in the already-too-familiar story of Sleeping Beauty.

So anyway, that's all I'll say since we can't seem to have a real discussion about it.

Haha, I just call it how I see it. Mock all you like.
Here's a review from a woman's point of view that echoes my reaction: How Could Disney Do This To Maleficent?

I'm a fan of comic book and disney films and I give each one a chance. Even though I found a story problem in Big Hero 6 that film was so fantastic overall that I can ignore it. Frozen... has charming characters despite a script that needed several more revisions (Frozen was the first time they rewrote the story to support a song rather than the other way around). Maleficent... who's name literally means EVIL and wicked turned into Maleficent: Adventures in Babysitting, it's a huge let down and disappointment. It would actually be a somewhat decent film if it WASN'T Maleficent but a brand new character and not trapped in the already-too-familiar story of Sleeping Beauty.

So anyway, that's all I'll say since we can't seem to have a real discussion about it.

Well your initial statement left no room for discussion:) you thought it was the sloppiest thing ever. I thoroughly enjoyed Maleficent. I have re-watched it twice since purchasing. So what's left to discuss? you disliked it so much you went and got a woman's opinion.. HA!

I've learned to accept that everything is not for everyone. I don't like Scarface, the Godfather, nor do I particularly care for Breaking Bad. But, everybody else seems to dig them. meh!

Well your initial statement left no room for discussion:) you thought it was the sloppiest thing ever. I thoroughly enjoyed Maleficent. I have re-watched it twice since purchasing. So what's left to discuss? you disliked it so much you went and got a woman's opinion.. HA!

I've learned to accept that everything is not for everyone. I don't like Scarface, the Godfather, nor do I particularly care for Breaking Bad. But, everybody else seems to dig them. meh!

Haha! :) A discussion would be for someone to disagree with me... rather than try to say I'm weird for not liking a "kid's movie" while in a TOY forum. Or... to agree that it kind of actually pretty sloppy, but like it anyway. There's a ton of awful movies that I love, knowing very well how bad they are. That's okay.

Fun fact, in Australia, Maleficent is rated M for mature. Not generally the rating a kid's movie would earn. Maleficent isn't a kid's movie. It's a family movie. Veggie Tales is a kids show/movie. And as a kid, there's plenty of movies that are bad that I loved back then. The good ones will still be good when I'm older.

Does anyone know what body they are using for this, I don't think the standard female TT would work for this piece.

I didn't mock you so I'm not sure why you quoted my post.

Apologies, I didn't mean to group you into that but I was responding to the poking holes part and not having any enjoyment left... in Maleficent, there's way too many holes as it is that for me, there was no enjoyment to be had. Maybe I just love the original Sleeping Beauty too much and thus, this movie leaves me wanting a different story that was never provided.

Angelina Jolie was the only thing in the film worth watching, but if only they let her be truly wicked but with a little bit of heart and brain... that would be a performance for the ages. In this movie, she acts without real reason. She curses an innocent baby... that's not the Maleficent from the fairy realm. That's Maleficent from the cartoon.

but anyway, back on topic. This is the toy thread. Does this figure come with a raven at all?

Apologies, I didn't mean to group you into that but I was responding to the poking holes part and not having any enjoyment left... in Maleficent, there's way too many holes as it is that for me, there was no enjoyment to be had. Maybe I just love the original Sleeping Beauty too much and thus, this movie leaves me wanting a different story that was never provided.

Angelina Jolie was the only thing in the film worth watching, but if only they let her be truly wicked but with a little bit of heart and brain... that would be a performance for the ages. In this movie, she acts without real reason. She curses an innocent baby... that's not the Maleficent from the fairy realm. That's Maleficent from the cartoon.

but anyway, back on topic. This is the toy thread. Does this figure come with a raven at all?

You're entitled to your opinion, nothing wrong with that.

I guess my question for you is if you despised this movie so much why would you be the slightest bit interested in purchasing a $220+ doll from it that will serve as a constant reminder of how crappy it was every time you lay eyes on it?

You're entitled to your opinion, nothing wrong with that.

I guess my question for you is if you despised this movie so much why would you be the slightest bit interested in purchasing a $220+ doll from it that will serve as a constant reminder of how crappy it was every time you lay eyes on it?

I'm not actually interested in purchasing it... but I am interested in seeing how well it turns out. As I am with most Hot Toys.

image.jpg

I have a feeling this will be one of those overproduced figures that I will wait to buy at next year's spook or black friday.

There are more photos posted at the HK forums.

Looks dissapointing in comparison to that excellent Ver.2 HS at the toyfair. In fact.... in doesn't even look that much like Jolie at all.

I wanted to like it, but after seeing the pics on the HT Facebook page, I think this is one I don't have to get right now. It's a nice figure to get at a bargain price, since there are still things I like about it, but it's a bit of a let down compared to the promo pics. I'm off to cancel my pre order.

I will reserve judgement for when the reviewer photos come out, the lighting on this is bad.

Off the bat though... This figure has the wrong body type for Angelina and the robe could be better fitting.

Back