1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched this movie finally! Really wished we took our 8 year old daughter to see this in the theater, we all loved this movie and Jolie's portrayal was stellar. This is now a must have figure--my daughter is insisting that I get this for her.

I just watched this movie finally! Really wished we took our 8 year old daughter to see this in the theater, we all loved this movie and Jolie's portrayal was stellar. This is now a must have figure--my daughter is insisting that I get this for her.

:goodpost: :exactly: Great film and awesome character portrayal, this is a must!

I thought the movie was piss poor, all the good stuff was cut out. But Jolie was superb. It's a pity we didn't get more of her actually acting though, she was fantastic in the baptism castle scene.

I thought the movie was piss poor, all the good stuff was cut out. But Jolie was superb. It's a pity we didn't get more of her actually acting though, she was fantastic in the baptism castle scene.

I enjoyed it! I liked the simplicity of the plot. I really liked the character quite a bit.

Just watched this movie the other day. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would have. Needed more dragon though.

This movie was the worst movie Disney has released in a long time. I can't believe the lot of you like sloppy writing and storytelling and terrible CG. Angelina Jolie is fun but none of it makes a lick of sense.

What part does not make a lick of sense? this is the story from a different view point. the same ending as the animated was not the desired outcome.

This movie was the worst movie Disney has released in a long time. I can't believe the lot of you like sloppy writing and storytelling and terrible CG. Angelina Jolie is fun but none of it makes a lick of sense.

I saw it last week, and thought it was pretty dang average. Watchable, not great, not terrible. Best thing about it, to me, was Sharlto, who is such the ****ing man. Felt like Angelina was just going through the motions a bit to me, even during the more dramatic scenes like the one where she cursed the baby.

I guess the simplicity of the plot / story was enough for me on this one. These is also the whole disney factor. My wife and I loved the original story and it was fun to see an alternate spin on it. The fairy tale nature of it makes me far more forgiving.

My kids loved it. Adults going to watch Disney fairy tales and critiquing them through an adult lens are, frankly, kind of weird.

^^Yes. Exactly. That. My girls loved it. 11 and 5 and my wife loved it. Bought the blu ray and finally saw it myself. Pretty cool I think.

But the family's new favorite movie is BIG HERO 6!!! Loved it!

My kids loved it. Adults going to watch Disney fairy tales and critiquing them through an adult lens are, frankly, kind of weird.

Right. And buying toys from kids movies aren't.... gotcha!

Folks, Disney isn't just for kids. It's for everyone. Disney targeting kids is a rather recent invention going back to the 80s. But Walt Disney and his aim was never to satisfy just kids.

What part does not make a lick of sense? this is the story from a different view point. the same ending as the animated was not the desired outcome.

It's a story that didn't need to be told. What we loved about Maleficent the character is how evil she is. The animated film implied there was history between her and King Stefan... as well as the three fairies.

In the film, the back story was pretty weak. Maleficent wasn't ever part of the kingdom so even though her and King Stefan had relations, he would never invite her to a kingdom celebration even if they were on good terms.

The famous scene where Maleficent curses the baby... ripped directly from the animated film does not fit this retelling of the story. She's a drag of a character and not really feisty. If she was indeed "raped" as Angelina Jolie and the filmmakers implied, she would not be in the castle toying with King Stefan, asking him to beg for anything. The character in this scene is not the character in the rest of the film.

King Stefan also has no relations with the other three fairies... who were actually friends with Maleficent in the beginning. Why she holds a grudge with them in that scene isn't justified or explained. And why King Stefan would willingly give Aurora up to three fairies he doesn't know when Maleficent JUST cursed her doesn't make sense either.

I could really go on with what's wrong with this movie, including how idiotic the three fairies are... Aurora would have died under their care really. And Maleficent doesn't have any real powers... she has to walk everywhere, making every scene where she just shows up really odd.

Also, there's no payoff with King Stefan. He goes mad wanting to kill Maleficent where Maleficent kind of gave up on going up against him... making the climactic battle just... ehh. Not satisfying. It just happens.

Really, it's okay if you enjoyed it but it's one of the sloppiest movies around. Sloppier than Frozen (Frozen, at least has likable characters).

"Wanted" that was an awful Angelina Jolie movie. "Snow White and the Huntsman" terrible movie. "The Immortals" god awful movie. Maleficent I'd actually watch again.

eh, I liked it quite a bit which is all I really care about :lol

Pretty much. You can sit there and poke holes in every movie, Disney and comic book based films especially. Not sure why you'd bother though as it would suck the enjoyment out of them entirely.

Pretty much. You can sit there and poke holes in every movie, Disney and comic book based films especially. Not sure why you'd bother though as it would suck the enjoyment out of them entirely.

When my daughters said they loved it I asked them how they could possibly enjoy such sloppy writing, storytelling and terrible CGI. When we got home from the cinema I made them watch The Godfather and said, "Now that's a movie, biyatches!"

While I respect your opinion coheteboy, my 8 year old is not so forgiving of your lumping Frozen into this discussion: she muttered something like 'turning you into a toad stool or mealy-worm.' :rotfl

Wanted, Snow White & The Huntsmen, The Immortals .....

I liked all of those :lol

Of course I liked this as well.

I want SSC to lift the region restriction on this figure, so I can use a coupon code to order it. Maybe when/if it's not selling that well, they will (I think they've done it before for poor selling HT figures).

Back