1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman: DoJ - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the dimentions of the Hot Toys BVS Batmobile, compared to the 89 Batmobile?

I don't have any real numbers, but the thought when it was first shown was it was somewhere around 2 feet wide X 4 feet long. It's a monster. Definitely much longer and wider than the '89. There's no way I'd have room for it.

I wonder if they'll shrink it down to 1/12th scale, like the Bat?

omg, just the thought of that would make me lose my mind! i think they learned their lesson on 1/12th vehicles...hopefully. no, this has to be 1/6th. any other smaller scale would do it injustice.

omg, just the thought of that would make me lose my mind! i think they learned their lesson on 1/12th vehicles...hopefully. no, this has to be 1/6th. any other smaller scale would do it injustice.

Injustice League figures and vehicles, all 1/12 scale

It's not going to happen...

It's come down to these prototypes being used to hype-up sales and interest..,

Let's look at the sales figures of all the 1/6 scale vehicles...

It cost to much to make and none have made any profit...

A company would have to sell over 5,000 of each to just break even...

I'll call this Batmobile dead in the water...

I wouldn't totally rule it out yet but they've definitely cooled on this line. I would guess in part because PO numbers haven't been great for the figures and of course because Civil War came out not long after.

It's not going to happen...

It's come down to these prototypes being used to hype-up sales and interest..,

Let's look at the sales figures of all the 1/6 scale vehicles...

It cost to much to make and none have made any profit...

A company would have to sell over 5,000 of each to just break even...

I'll call this Batmobile dead in the water...

Unless you know how much the license and tooling costs you can't really know that. They have made two tumblers, the 89 car, the time machine, and the bat pod. If the first three made no money they wouldn't have made the next ones. Generally with large limited items a production run of around a 1000 is expected, not 5000. (Throw the power loader, ed209, hulkbuster into that as well. Then look at the 1/1 figures. Or the 1/4 hulkbuster by other companies. If they can sell a 7ft tall batman for 8000 dollars and make money then there's nothing that says they can't sell a 1/6 car)

And they have included this car in multiple shows, sure, but also two versions of the sales catalog. A video. And other stuff. There's absolutely nothing that says this is DOA. And all evidence available says the exact opposite.

Not to mention that they obviously made enough from The Nolan Batman stuff that a Tumbler was put into production twice as was the Bat-Pod. There is no doubt for me that this will happen it's just from what film they decide to focus on. Although if the attachments for Justice League are easily interchangeable I could see a "definitive" version that has parts to make the BvS version or even SS version if wanted.

The question isn't if they're going to make it, it's how much it's going to be... =)
Can't wait for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then look at the 1/1 figures. If they can sell a 7ft tall batman for 8000 dollars and make money then there's nothing that says they can't sell a 1/6 car)

I wouldn't speak so soon. 1:1 is untested waters for them. I could easily see Hot Toys pulling out of their 1:1 Batman v Superman plans due to lack of interest.

These collectibles by nature are frivolous, sure, but those 1/1 "figures" they're doing goes well beyond that. If I were a betting man, I'd say they'll take a loss on those in the end. Poorly received blockbuster, disappointing movie, expensive price tag, and a huge, impractical item makes it have "dud" written all over it.

There's a chance Hot Toys will announce the BVS Batmobile when Batman V Superman gets released on DVD this month, around the 19th or 20th.

Prime 1 studios have just posted a teaser pic of their BVS 1/10 Batmobile on their instagram site...

Ht will make this- WHEN is the problem....it could be this year announnced or they might wait til next year. They will probably to the JL version as well.

I don't have any real numbers, but the thought when it was first shown was it was somewhere around 2 feet wide X 4 feet long. It's a monster. Definitely much longer and wider than the '89. There's no way I'd have room for it.

That big? I can't wait to see it released. Not that I have the space for something that large.

Back