1/6 Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man MkVII (7) Sub-Zero edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered this, Disco and war machine MK 1 for a total of 79.62. Used up a lot of points but it always cool to get things for free.
I think this looks great from the pics and should display nicely in my hall of armor.

WOW! And I thought getting this ONE for free was great. You win the internets for today! :clap

I also disagree with Mr. Walker. (not Craig Walker, he's AWESOME!) I buy what I like and what I want. If the poo brown was was a decent, consistent color, I'd slap some UPS logos on him and call it a day. Not sure about the chunky green one he described, though. I'd have to see it first. ;)
Everyone has different opinions. What I don't get is the people who don't like/want something feel they have to make others feel stupid for their choices because they differ from their own. Why? Can't you just say it's not for you and move on? Why disparage others about it? I wanted to get the Shanghai Disney Midas, but currently, the price is a little high for a figure with less options than it's previous version. And I fully understand what purpose the "new" IV, VI, and XXI serve. They were for a limited market for people who may never have had a chance and getting the first versions. They were basically, "throwing a bone" to the Asian market. I was actually contemplating those three because I don't have a IV, bought a used VI that, while in great shape, has repainted panties that the seller didn't disclose, and the XXI because of the new plated version. I managed to buy an excellent Midas from a member here for a great price and I'm happy to have it. I didn't get into this hobby until somewhere between The Avengers and Iron Man III. My first brand new figure I purchased was the Mk VII from ebay, and then joined Sideshow and bought the Mk XLII. These figures are my only real guilty pleasure/vice. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or go out whoring, so this is where my fun money goes. I'm a collector.
Bottom line, if you don't agree, that's fine. Just don't insult others who don't agree with you.
"Hello, my name is Ryan, and I'm a collectaholic."
Ryan

Eh, with posts like his I think the point IS to be a jerk. Sucks that people enjoy that type of behavior but it is what it is.

I understand what he's saying. Before getting into this I collected shoes. And there were many pairs that I bought of the same shoe in different colorways that I really "liked" only to later feel that I did fall into the hype as I tried to recoup cash for them. So, in that respect, I see where he's coming from. But what others do with their money is none of my business and whether he is right about how other people will feel about these re-paints later down the line is none of his either.

WOW! And I thought getting this ONE for free was great. You win the internets for today! :clap

I also disagree with Mr. Walker. (not Craig Walker, he's AWESOME!) I buy what I like and what I want. If the poo brown was was a decent, consistent color, I'd slap some UPS logos on him and call it a day. Not sure about the chunky green one he described, though. I'd have to see it first. ;)
Everyone has different opinions. What I don't get is the people who don't like/want something feel they have to make others feel stupid for their choices because they differ from their own. Why? Can't you just say it's not for you and move on? Why disparage others about it? I wanted to get the Shanghai Disney Midas, but currently, the price is a little high for a figure with less options than it's previous version. And I fully understand what purpose the "new" IV, VI, and XXI serve. They were for a limited market for people who may never have had a chance and getting the first versions. They were basically, "throwing a bone" to the Asian market. I was actually contemplating those three because I don't have a IV, bought a used VI that, while in great shape, has repainted panties that the seller didn't disclose, and the XXI because of the new plated version. I managed to buy an excellent Midas from a member here for a great price and I'm happy to have it. I didn't get into this hobby until somewhere between The Avengers and Iron Man III. My first brand new figure I purchased was the Mk VII from ebay, and then joined Sideshow and bought the Mk XLII. These figures are my only real guilty pleasure/vice. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or go out whoring, so this is where my fun money goes. I'm a collector.
Bottom line, if you don't agree, that's fine. Just don't insult others who don't agree with you.
"Hello, my name is Ryan, and I'm a collectaholic."
Ryan

Thanks Ryan. And great post as well. +1 to you.:hi5:

Eh, with posts like his I think the point IS to be a jerk. Sucks that people enjoy that type of behavior but it is what it is.

I understand what he's saying. Before getting into this I collected shoes. And there were many pairs that I bought of the same shoe in different colorways that I really "liked" only to later feel that I did fall into the hype as I tried to recoup cash for them. So, in that respect, I see where he's coming from. But what others do with their money is none of my business and whether he is right about how other people will feel about these re-paints later down the line is none of his either.

Anyone can change their mind about any figure, so the argument he put forth doesn't hold water to me. It's not exclusive to a certain figure, just because he doesn't happen to have interest in it. Someone later losing interest has nothing to do with if your a sucker if you buy something. And calling people a sucker because they may eventually but who knows when or if, lose interest in the purchase, or they may, or may not, have a significant other that questions it later is silly and baseless.

Anyone can change their mind about any figure, so the argument he put forth doesn't hold water to me. It's not exclusive to a certain figure, just because he doesn't happen to have interest in it. Someone later losing interest has nothing to do with if your a sucker if you buy something. And calling people a sucker because they may eventually but who knows when or if, lose interest in the purchase, or they may, or may not, have a significant other that questions it later is silly and baseless.

I agree. Wasn't saying I think he's right. I've just personally experienced wanting something, only to have a change of heart. It happens. But you're right, who knows when or if something like that may happen? And it doesn't make me or anyone a sucker for buying something they did want only to no longer want it. Hindsight is 20/20. So it's easy to categorize purchases into "good" and "bad" ones. In that regard, I see where he's coming from. One may feel duped later on down the line (not specifically to this figure or any figure for that matter). But what he's doing is calling everyone a sucker for even wanting it, period. That, I do not agree with.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was addressing that toward you. I was agreeing with your overall sentiment and pointing out why I agree with you not Captain party pooper.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was addressing that toward you. I was agreeing with your overall sentiment and pointing out why I agree with you not Captain party pooper.

All good. I just wanted to clear up what I meant in case anyone thought I was Commander party pooper.

Lol cool.

Also just so certain folks understand..what hot toys is doing is not rare. It's not uncommon. In fact repaint is pretty standard practice. I mean they are not even the only people doing a straight white repaint of a mech type figure at acghk. (One of dozens of the same)

image.jpeg

And all that stuff I said before doesn't even take int to account that a large portion of the customers won't have multiple mk7 suits, or many iron man hot toys. Not everyone interested has been around for years. Or wanted the black version or the others. This could just be the one figure they get.

Ordered this yesterday. It should make a nice complement to the Stealth. Might be cool with some snow effect added. I may try to get an arctic themed base made for it.

I have the Stealth version, so I went ahead and preordered this one. No payments until later this fall. This will look great next to Starboost, too.

That's why I prefer to stay single... One day I know I'll find a girl who is into the same hobbies I am and we can combine and compliment our collections instead of her being "ok" with it for a couple weeks before I'm thrown hints that she doesn't like how I spend my money... I compromise for no woman, it never gets me anything but miserable.

EDIT: I realize that this sounds a bit ignorant on my part, so I just want to clarify that the moral of the story is 'If you don't like me for who I am, and what I do, then you aren't worth my time'. Also changed sacrifice to compromise.

Those types of ladies are out there. I'm lucky to be with one. She got this figure for me, and it is the third HT figure that she has bought for me. She also has a few that I got her as well.

36ccd8d3af089609ab4611b43d8bb115.jpg

My mkVIIs are waiting for Sub-zero also if it's only a repaint ! [emoji6][emoji6]

Debated about this one for a bit.
Since it was still available, I popped on it.
I will continue to drink the Koolaide :yess:

As bad as I want to order this, I ended up pulling the trigger on the 1/6 Mark 45 instead. The photos of that figure blew me away and I had a decent slug of rewards points saved up.

Congrats to those buying this - I look forward to seeing pics when it starts shipping!

As bad as I want to order this, I ended up pulling the trigger on the 1/6 Mark 45 instead. The photos of that figure blew me away and I had a decent slug of rewards points saved up.

Congrats to those buying this - I look forward to seeing pics when it starts shipping!

Good call! If I had to choose between Mk. 45 (or pretty much any 1/6 IM figure) and this Sub-Zero, I'd go Mk. 45 all week and twice on Sundays. Pictures of the 45 look great but still can't compare to having it in hand. Been collecting since 2012 and the Mk. 45 was definitely one of the brightest 1/6 highlights, you're not going to regret it.

Back