1/6 Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man MkVII (7) Sub-Zero edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree with everything you said Mr Walker.
If someone loves it now then why not buy it? Yes people can change their mind later but isn't that the fun of collecting? You go through phases and changes to spice it up. Doesn't mean this is "sucker bait" Just means it's a new option for iron man collectors. Nothing more, nothing less.
You don't like it, that's fine. Plenty of other people do. That's the great thing about being an individual. How boring would this hobby or any other hobby be if we all liked the same things?

Pretty much ends that debate.

I don't expect agreement to brutal honesty (and experience). Never have. Indeed, I welcome it. But... are you gonna buy the baby poo brown version? How about "snot green with flecks of chunky brown special TB" version? Slap a repaint on that ish!

Oh, and just for the record, I don't "not like it". I actually think it looks quite cool (pun intended). I just don't let that blind me to what it is. New hat version.

Your attitude sucks.

I'm going to get this and I won't regret it... The only way I would ever regret getting any 1/6 figure is if I can't afford it. In which case I wouldn't be buying figures at all.

Anyway, I came on here to share how pumped I am on this figure, PO'd last night, excited to have this in my collection.

Believe it or not, most people don't know anything about Hot Toys -- so when friends come and see my collection, they don't see "eight repaints" of a mark 7, most don't even realize they are all the exact same armor. All they see are super ******ing rad looking Iron Man figures. They don't care how limited they are, or how much they cost -- and neither do I. They just look dope, nuff said.

Anyway, I came on here to share how pumped I am on this figure, PO'd last night, excited to have this in my collection.

Believe it or not, most people don't know anything about Hot Toys -- so when friends come and see my collection, they don't see "eight repaints" of a mark 7, most don't even realize they are all the exact same armor. All they see are super ******ing rad looking Iron Man figures. They don't care how limited they are, or how much they cost -- and neither do I. They just look dope, nuff said.

My wife does...and she hates it. :mad:

It's not a crime for HT to release a repaint. It's a business offering. If it tanks, and more other future reprints don't sell, then it will adjust as a company. That simple really.

I'd pick it up if I didn't think a die cast version of the 7 was fast approaching and I don't have unlimited funds to just pick up everything, and do prefer the red/gold look better, but that doesn't mean this figure is a waste of anyone's money. Buy it or don't.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I will say my ironman collecting had slowed drastically. After awhile it just became a question of how many is enough. Then i thought Bones was garbage. Same for the one with jack hammer arms.

And i think the ironman OD complaint is not that HT is making an ironman with a new hat, it's that HT makes ironman figures to the exclusion of other lines.

But i did PO this. I like it so i got it.

Quite the extrapolated strawman. No, it's "suckerbait" because a large number of people who buy this are going to look at this in a couple of years and think "WTF was I thinking? I car not one jot for this.".

Lessons learned. Some expensive.

That can happen with anything collectibles, what you had for dinner, car, house, where you went on vacation, your job, your marriage, etc. one custom figure really is not worth being that concerned about.

That can happen with anything collectibles, what you had for dinner, car, house, where you went on vacation, your job, your marriage, etc. one custom figure really is not worth being that concerned about.

subzero spotted.

That's why I prefer to stay single... One day I know I'll find a girl who is into the same hobbies I am and we can combine and compliment our collections instead of her being "ok" with it for a couple weeks before I'm thrown hints that she doesn't like how I spend my money... I compromise for no woman, it never gets me anything but miserable.

EDIT: I realize that this sounds a bit ignorant on my part, so I just want to clarify that the moral of the story is 'If you don't like me for who I am, and what I do, then you aren't worth my time'. Also changed sacrifice to compromise.

Last edited:
That's why I prefer to stay single... One day I know I'll find a girl who is into the same hobbies I am and we can combine and compliment our collections instead of her being "ok" with it for a couple weeks before I'm thrown hints that she doesn't like how I spend my money... I sacrifice for nobody, it never gets me anything but miserable.

Absolutely True. All of it.

Funny thing is I couldn't care less for the sub-zero backstory. I think I like it because it's kinda DIY style, which gives it a pop-art-tech-display look instead of a realistic look like all the other suits in my collection. Make sense?

Quite the extrapolated strawman. No, it's "suckerbait" because a large number of people who buy this are going to look at this in a couple of years and think "WTF was I thinking? I car not one jot for this.".

I have had that thought about girlfriends, not typically my figures.

I have Stealth mk7 and wouldn't mind getting this but I've already got Disco on preorder right now. Gonna have pass on this one.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I ordered this, Disco and war machine MK 1 for a total of 79.62. Used up a lot of points but it always cool to get things for free.
I think this looks great from the pics and should display nicely in my hall of armor.

Back