1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to sell this "bad boy” and buy the Warrior Alien but have decided against. The articulation/limbs on the Dog stand out in my collection beside the regular leg's. I just need to MOG POG and I should be good.

I like the HT Dog looks like a aging movie piece!! :wink1:

This looks amazing. Do not sell, mate.

How to confuse a facehugger...
image.jpg

This has been somewhat of a quiet release i would have thinked that it would have been more popular.

I like the figure enough sculpt of course is nice as is the paint. I too am a bit disappointed they used the big chap design. Not sure why or how much money they could have saved by using what I guess would only be the endoskeleton because the rest of the rubber suit is all brand new design for aliens.

Unlike the chap where he could really be more static, guy in the suit type vibe you really want a bit more from your aliens warrior in terms of posing

My biggest complaint is the same as the big chap and it's almost disgraceful to see the same thing years later. That's the lever for the inner jaw.

On a 250 dollar 1/6 collectible I don't want a god damn ugly action feature of all things.

I was going to sell this "bad boy” and buy the Warrior Alien but have decided against. The articulation/limbs on the Dog stand out in my collection beside the regular leg's. I just need to MOG POG and I should be good.

I like the HT Dog looks like a aging movie piece!! :wink1:

It's a great figure, I think the best of the original Hot Toys Aliens line. I was lucky enough to get one dirt cheap (80$) from an owner who was cleaning out his collection... It has a busted right elbow joint but at least the arm is stuck in a good pose. Can't believe the prices these sell for on ebay.

so why spend 250.00 on a figure you cant keep posed, i don't know, im just not feeling the static look of it, my original aliens one looks a hundred times better with its more sinCIMG4150.jpgister stance even with all the issues i've had with it

Last edited:
i just purchased the neca 1/4 scale aliens warrior and it totally blows this one away and only 89.99 free shipping, anyway just my own two cents for what it's worth

It's a great figure, I think the best of the original Hot Toys Aliens line. I was lucky enough to get one dirt cheap (80$) from an owner who was cleaning out his collection... It has a busted right elbow joint but at least the arm is stuck in a good pose. Can't believe the prices these sell for on ebay.

agreed it is an awesome figureView attachment 277753CIMG4152.jpg

Last edited:
This has been somewhat of a quiet release i would have thinked that it would have been more popular.

I like the figure enough sculpt of course is nice as is the paint. I too am a bit disappointed they used the big chap design. Not sure why or how much money they could have saved by using what I guess would only be the endoskeleton because the rest of the rubber suit is all brand new design for aliens.

Unlike the chap where he could really be more static, guy in the suit type vibe you really want a bit more from your aliens warrior in terms of posing

My biggest complaint is the same as the big chap and it's almost disgraceful to see the same thing years later. That's the lever for the inner jaw.

On a 250 dollar 1/6 collectible I don't want a god damn ugly action feature of all things.

How visible is the lever? Does seem ironic in a way that they feel a need to hide joints (on a character where most of us would be very forgiving of them) and yet they put an action feature into it.

As for why this release seems quiet and bereft of much hype - I think it's because we can all sense how un-hyped Hot Toys is about this license. It's hard to be excited about it when, for all we know, it could be a one-and-done deal from them (other than the A1 Ripley). Even the Aliens version of Ripley with the Powerloader is an uncertainty until it actually goes up for preorder.

Robocop was impressive in fairness to them - Robocop/Robocop with chair/ED-209 all shown on the same day, immediate preorders for all and shortly thereafter they teased that they were doing a full BD version of Robocop. Couldn't have asked for more...and then we got more with the Alex Murphy figure. But only Marvel collectors get that kind of instant gratification from a line now.

Last edited:
Agreed and even if she is a get it out of the way release its still damn good to have her. A total shame not been done up to this point. But agreed the aliens version and the power loader is super deserving in its own right.

The line needs to see a queen, no matter the size/price and a new hicks before I'll totally be satisfied with it though. Bishop for me would be the didn't expect it Alex Murphy type icing on the cake.

A-dev the leaver is definitely visible from the naked eye... A disappointing thing that could have easily been solved with two different plug in jaw things like they did with predator.

last few 'dog' pics need some 'modpodge'. Truly does work wonders. Those plastic parts that still look great; that is how the entire thing can look for ~$6. Get that rubber looking fresh.

The fact that Hot Toys is releasing Doc Brown, when everyone thought they'd written off pretty much every non Marvel/DC franchise, gives me hope that we'll maybe see more Alien(s) related stuff down the line.

In other news, I can't wait for this figure to arrive.

13692823_10153657045667344_8614924734714797067_o.jpg

13737515_10153657044107344_862563024507488050_o.jpg

13735662_10153657041242344_7299010511692329714_o.jpg

I have much higher faith that we will be seeing a 1:6 Alien Queen now.

make it happen HT!

---------

I have much higher faith that we will be seeing a 1:6 Alien Queen now.

make it happen HT!

---------

About the only thing I'd shift my display space to accommodate would be a new powerloader and queen, which would mean those two things would be the only things I could display! If they were gonna do a 1/6 queen I'd sacrifice the seamless rubber coating skin for joints and dexterity. That thing would be really huge though.....to render it near proper scale....

...and it will have no joints, rubber all over the body leading to zero details, and its head will be a mix between a kenner queen and a resident evil monster.

He'd look a lot better if you gave him a coat of Mod Podge. Also help prevent rubber rot.

I don't want to be wrong on this advice but the big chap held up very well without anything. It might not be a problem in the future . I have 2 big chaps and there in good shape. I don't pose them with open mouths and I have very static poses for them though . Adding chemicals to these figures may decrease the value of them unless your Ed 209

Back