1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't miss any of my Hot Toys Aliens in the slightest. Used to have the Aliens Warrior, AvP:R Warrior and the Dog.

I'm starting to feel like I won't neither.
648ffd91.gif

The rubber seemed impressive at first. Then the drawbacks became all too apparent. Add in that they're not as accurate as they could be and it's a big bag of meh really.

It's my first HT Alien and I love it! Looks amazing in hand and impressive poses are easily achievable, granted not the crazy ones. Can't share the complaints :dunno

Some owned the previous version who were actually articulated so i guess thats understandable.
Im gonna get it when i find the right price.

I find that the figure looks the part. Although the articulation is restricted, I got the pose I wanted out of it.
Only problem for me was height. I wanted to display the Alien with my Terminators. Not gonna happen: the shelf height won't allow the Alien in. So it's got a stand alone display alongside the sideshow bluray release figure.

I don't remember the Aliens contorted into McFarlane-seque Spider-Man poses.
well you'd have a hard time remembering aliens doing anything but stand still or flash their head with all the rest in the dark.
but.
1) spiderman ceiling tubes crawling
2) spiderman crawling down walls and columns and jumping from them (right after previous scene)
3) spiderman lair ceiling crawling (second time we see an alien)
4) spiderman dormant alien (first time we see an alien and soldiers on screen don't)
5) spiderman crawling inside the ventilation, chasing people.
the suits sucked or something, but Cameron put them in positions which assume aliens are agile and flexible and are fond of doing this:

Xeno_ambush02.JPG

alienability05.jpg

IMG_1085.JPG

and that's how they went into other media, because everybody remembers the aliens doing that move. and alien queen was the only thing they really worked hard on, and that's exactly the way she moves (unlike the abomination of stupid adi who stole everything from Cameron/Winston and spoiled it to the core).

I don't remember the Aliens contorted into McFarlane-seque Spider-Man poses.

Exactly. The Stan Winston "man-in-suit" Xenomorph was almost as restrictive as the Hot Toys figure so it's pretty much screen accurate as far as how limiting the dynamic poses can be. If you want dymamic "comic book poses" for your Aliens you best stick with the Neca "toys."

Exactly. The Stan Winston "man-in-suit" Xenomorph was almost as restrictive as the Hot Toys figure so it's pretty much screen accurate as far as how limiting the dynamic poses can be.

18486-200.png

alienssuit.jpg

aliens_costumes_05.jpg~original

Last edited:
:rotfl

P. I find your post hilarious because I understand exactly what you're saying, though you didn't a single word.

Exactly. The Stan Winston "man-in-suit" Xenomorph was almost as restrictive as the Hot Toys figure so it's pretty much screen accurate as far as how limiting the dynamic poses can be. If you want dymamic "comic book poses" for your Aliens you best stick with the Neca "toys."

Just to put into words what P. so eloquently put in pictures: I think you really have to do some research on this.
It's actually quite interesting that none of the suits, from Giger's first latex combo, through Winston's aliens in leotards, to ADI's fat aliens, were really restrictive... Bolaji Badejo could get into all kinds of hunched and extreme poses with the full suit on, and Winston/Cameron went with the leotards because the full suit sustained too much damage during filming and it would probably be cost-prohibitve to produce as many as they needed for Aliens.

Picked mine up today. Who tries to deliver stuff at 6 in the morning! Anyways.
I was never going to put this in a crawling or crouched pose but the articulation should be better. The sculpt and paint outweigh the negatives I have though.

HT Alien 012.jpg

Mmmmm damn, another piece to be conflicted on. The sculpt and paint are incredible and it'll really sting to have to pass, but I just can't be happy with a pin straight pt. warrior.

I actually picked up 2 of these from my local guy on Saturday and didn't get to open them. I feel bad but it looks like I'll be returning them

Nice pics generalzod, hey has anybody that has this put it in a crawling pose yet? I really want to get one to pose underneath the top of the hutch on my desk but I need to know if it can pull off the pose.

Never going to happen. This piece can't whipe it's own a$$.

Back