1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, question: I have a chance to get a Big Chap at a reasonable price, should I go for it so it can go along with this one? Or should I wait for a Big Chap 2.0? Will there ever be one?

I would wait for 2.0/ new version of big chap . Or at least wait until ALIEN DAY on the 26th of this month to get an idea of what extent Hot Toys is gonna go with there ALEIN / ALIENS's products . Theirs a lot of Alien stuff coming out in the next year or so . That may create buzz for hot toys to revisit The BIG CHAP . I have the almost all the original aliens and the big chap . It's not accurate to me . I'm sorry . If your desperate for alien in your collection , there are numerous other options to take . Very nice statues and Neca's fantastic 1/4 scale . Just hold out !

I would wait for 2.0/ new version of big chap . Or at least wait until ALIEN DAY on the 26th of this month to get an idea of what extent Hot Toys is gonna go with there ALEIN / ALIENS's products . Theirs a lot of Alien stuff coming out in the next year or so . That may create buzz for hot toys to revisit The BIG CHAP . I have the almost all the original aliens and the big chap . It's not accurate to me . I'm sorry . If your desperate for alien in your collection , there are numerous other options to take . Very nice statues and Neca's fantastic 1/4 scale . Just hold out !

Agreed with this. I can tolerate some inaccuracy but the Big Chap was just too wrong. And it didn't even ''improve'' the original design if that's what HT thought they were doing, I actually think its face looks pretty goofy.

At least this Warrior has a bit of menace about it.

People keep saying there are other options out there, but that's not necessarily true if you want 1/6 scale. NECA is great. I have a lot of their 7" and 1/4 scale Xenos, but those can't be displayed in a 1/6 collection. If you don't care about scale then I agree that NECA is probably the better option, but for 1/6 it's pretty much HT or nothing.

Agreed with this. I can tolerate some inaccuracy but the Big Chap was just too wrong. And it didn't even ''improve'' the original design if that's what HT thought they were doing, I actually think its face looks pretty goofy.
he was Gojira.
if i remember correctly, it was him who made this picture to appear (great work by its author).

ALIENheadcomp.jpg

Somebody should update that with the new NECA alien, the ArtFX alien and also a Rambaldi prop head.
The more alien pics, the better. :yess:

I want this and will prob get it anyway but is it just me or does this thing have rubber on it. In some pics the arms aren't bent and others they are. There is no mention of swap arms so i assume it a rubber sleeve with the joints inside. Probably the legs and mouth area too. I hope to god they don't use ****** rubber on this again as that was the same prob the 1st one had. At least they included a stand this time.

This looks really nice. Been missing having an Alien on the shelf since I sold my CM.

Can they pose this like Alien is in crouching, running position?

I believe HT can engineer a new body for the alien/s (like what they do with the iron man armors) if they want, with more articulation and not using rubber as majority of the figure but I guess they're just too lazy or don't care enough to do it right.

That's a great resource for pointing out how off some of those are.

Yes, but to be fair, the judgments are incomplete without including the 'hero' Ramboldi head in its own window to help with comparisons. Many figures took ques from the Ramboldi Hero head since it could actually open its jaws unlike the stunt head pictured.

For whatever reason, figures that draw heavily from the Ramboldi head are often called 'less accurate' despite the fact it is also 'original' & quite canon. Lord help any figure that tried to 'idealize' the look by combining features from the 2 heads. 'Stunt' and 'Hero' fans alike declare them "off" as if incompetence was at play rather than an attempt at mass appeal.

(fwiw, not even a "Ramboldi" fan. Just pointing out the double standard)

Somebody should update that with the new NECA alien, the ArtFX alien and also a Rambaldi prop head.
The more alien pics, the better. :yess:

+1. Precisely.

I want this and will prob get it anyway but is it just me or does this thing have rubber on it. In some pics the arms aren't bent and others they are. There is no mention of swap arms so i assume it a rubber sleeve with the joints inside. Probably the legs and mouth area too. I hope to god they don't use ****** rubber on this again as that was the same prob the 1st one had. At least they included a stand this time.

Welcome-to-the-Party-Pal.gif

;)

Many figures took ques from the Ramboldi Hero head since it could actually open its jaws unlike the stunt head pictured.
For whatever reason, figures that draw heavily from the Ramboldi head are often called 'less accurate' despite the fact it is also 'original' & quite canon.
for an obvious reason:

terminator-eye-surgery-arnold-schwarznegger1.jpg

that doll could move its robotic eye unlike a full size actor version. :)

alien7.jpg

Last edited:
You know, looking at that side by side, I have to give props to HT, they actually did re-sculpt the whole thing.
The arms, hands, feet and head we had all noticed before, but I hadn't seen the detail on the lower legs, they actually changed it to be accurate to the Aliens version.
You can also see that the tail is slightly different, with the more prominent vertebrae, and the fifth spike on the back is different as well.

So, kudos to HT! Well done!

I still won't buy it, but praise where it's due. :clap

I'm guess you right,seem they put more resources then we thought,this gain my apologies for the body misjudged.
Even though not appreciate the design of articulation,the sculpt I'm give it credit.

Yes, but to be fair, the judgments are incomplete without including the 'hero' Ramboldi head in its own window to help with comparisons. Many figures took ques from the Ramboldi Hero head since it could actually open its jaws unlike the stunt head pictured.

For whatever reason, figures that draw heavily from the Ramboldi head are often called 'less accurate' despite the fact it is also 'original' & quite canon. Lord help any figure that tried to 'idealize' the look by combining features from the 2 heads. 'Stunt' and 'Hero' fans alike declare them "off" as if incompetence was at play rather than an attempt at mass appeal.

(fwiw, not even a "Ramboldi" fan. Just pointing out the double standard)

+1. Precisely.

Good point! The props and costumes rarely look exactly the same so you have to choose how you interpret the character when you produce a figure like this.
For instance, if someone was to produce Bishop from Alien 3 - there's a huge difference between the tops they used. Just as an example as I am researching to make him.

for an obvious reason:

Not quite the same level of 'specialty head'. In that case, the poor effect is rooted in failing to reproduce the look of a living face. In the case of the alien, neither was real to begin with, so failing to capture a lifelike image is a moot point.

It would be one thing if the Giger 'stunt' was this perfect thing that could hold up in every scene, but it couldn't. The 'stunt' head would fail nearly as badly as that terminator head in the closeups. Can you imagine that thing attack on a closeup? Its little paranha mouth nibbling away at you? Hardly the iconic wide growl and slow approach of the inner jaw that has become the staple of the franchise.

What about this overhanging neck flap!? Where are the complaints of accuracy when figures fail to reproduce that?
alien7.jpg

Neither was perfect and both had their purpose. I bet if we posted a poll of which people preferred overall, the Giger stunt would probably win 70-30. But that doesn't mean the other one is "wrong" or inaccurate. Plenty of room to accept both for what they are, faults and all.

Back