1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aliencompare.jpg

Excellent work on the updated pic clutch! Did you do this or did you find it?

I added the two pics at the bottom. I'm thinking about taking a better profile of the NECA ALIEN II and updating it.

Honestly apart from the front of the dome the HT Chap is not that bad... Especially if you glue the mouth shut.

Awesome clutch! Thanks!
It would be fantastic if you could find a good pic of the Rambaldi head, as well as the NECA 2 with snarling lips.

Not quite the same level of 'specialty head'. In that case, the poor effect is rooted in failing to reproduce the look of a living face. In the case of the alien, neither was real to begin with, so failing to capture a lifelike image is a moot point.

It would be one thing if the Giger 'stunt' was this perfect thing that could hold up in every scene, but it couldn't. The 'stunt' head would fail nearly as badly as that terminator head in the closeups. Can you imagine that thing attack on a closeup? Its little paranha mouth nibbling away at you? Hardly the iconic wide growl and slow approach of the inner jaw that has become the staple of the franchise.

What about this overhanging neck flap!? Where are the complaints of accuracy when figures fail to reproduce that?
View attachment 256817

Neither was perfect and both had their purpose. I bet if we posted a poll of which people preferred overall, the Giger stunt would probably win 70-30. But that doesn't mean the other one is "wrong" or inaccurate. Plenty of room to accept both for what they are, faults and all.

Actually, I think Kyle has always had that pic in mind when sculpting the alien. I once spoke to him about it. We were discussing his new sculpt and I asked if he was considering doing the more streamlined neck of the statue/stunt head, but he said he really loved the look of the big neck.

And as bigbisont pointed out, it's not like the stunt head didn't have its own oddities...

I do wish Hot Toys would hire Kyle to sculpt their aliens. That would be sweet.
Or the guy who sculpted the ArtFX statue, that's a beautiful sculpt as well.

I wonder if one could make an alien figure with Phicen's seamless bodies technique...

there is also this horrible thing...

original_1979_alien.jpg

us-entertainment-swiss-film-auction-alien.jpg

let's make it canon too!
let alien be polymorph, with his shapes depending on his mood.

Is it just my imagination or is the Marmit Big Chap still the closest to the original prop?

I think the Sano (not in that image unfortunately) and the ARTFX+ are the closest to the Giger head. NECA's 2.0 is closest to the Rambaldi head.

Sano sculpt:

tumblr_lzjl7pzYjO1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Rambaldi mechanical head:

rambaldihead.JPG

Last edited:
Got excited and thought I Saw more cash flowing out of my pocket....

But then;

Rubber jaw hinges
WTF feet.....
Fat all over
Limited posing (Aliens should not stand straight)

And my god.... 250????????????

Damn give me some Vaseline first.

I hope this thing isnt too top heavy, that was the problem with both my neca and mcfarlane versions and they both kamikazed off my shelves. It nice they included a stand this time but if its not a waist grabber it wont do much good.

i think that's impossible (concerning his left leg with a knee close to the head). even Phycen body cannot do that (though due to too thick layer of rubber on the legs), and it has a great angle of bending in waist, hips, knees.

Got excited and thought I Saw more cash flowing out of my pocket....

But then;

Rubber jaw hinges
WTF feet.....
Fat all over
Limited posing (Aliens should not stand straight)

And my god.... 250????????????

Damn give me some Vaseline first.

You haven't been collecting long if you still need vaseline, your ass should be numb at this point.

Back