1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

While I’m still waiting on bbts decided to hit up a comic store that gets hot toys and they had him. They want 390 for him so they can keep him. I’ll just keep waiting on bbts

If I knew of any local stores that sold them for retail; I'd almost certainly buy all my Hot Toys from there instead of saving on the sales tax and go to BBTS. I know retail is hard but that's $100 over MSRP. Unless the guy bought him retail and is selling for a profit, it's ridiculous.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

If I knew of any local stores that sold them for retail; I'd almost certainly buy all my Hot Toys from there instead of saving on the sales tax and go to BBTS. I know retail is hard but that's $100 over MSRP. Unless the guy bought him retail and is selling for a profit, it's ridiculous.

I’ve talked to the owner. He buys directly from sideshow as a reseller. When he gets them he figures out what to sell them based on eBay. So he will make even more. The only hot toy I bought from him was civil war cap. He actually wasn’t selling fast at first so he sold his at msrp. So I got him. I just bought Ultron on bbts with a 150 credit this guy wants 400 for him.

I’ve talked to the owner. He buys directly from sideshow as a reseller. When he gets them he figures out what to sell them based on eBay. So he will make even more. The only hot toy I bought from him was ciliv war cap. He actually wasn’t selling fast at first so he sold his at msrp. So I got him. I just bought Ultron on bbts with a 150 credit this guy wants 400 for him.

He won’t make a dime if all his stuff sits on shelves with crazy price tags.

I think the issue is most Comic Shops don’t really qualify for the tag “retailer”. For that, a store needs to buy stock in bulk make relatively small mark ups, and make profits by selling volume. I don’t think there are many Local Comic Shops that do this, or more to the point, have the wholesaler relationships to be able to do this with high end items like Hot Toys.

My experience with LCSs is that they treat their stock as if it were a private collection and not actually a store that’s motivated to sell most of their inventory.

If it’s a true Comic shop with actual comics to sell, then they can get by with the wholesale model above for most of their revenue, but the shops I’m most familiar with don’t sell comics, and have the same Hot Toys sitting on dusty shelves month in and year out, and the price goes up with every weekly or daily eBay survey the owner makes. They might sell one or two here and there if someone stumbles in without a clue, or if there is a true grail piece that is somehow still sitting on display despite the cost. But I don’t understand the model. I can’t see how they make enough money to keep the doors open.

Maybe from selling Pops...

Funny I was just talking to my friend about how we can't find any physical shops selling a decent amount of HT figures.
The problem with Hot Toys is most of their stuff are high priced and lots of them don't sell well.
If a shop carries them, there's a good chance they'll have 20- 30 figures sitting there for a year or more.
In Australia, there are a few shops that tried to sell HTs at retail price and you see lots of them sit there until they put a 30% clearance sticker on them.
Most of them are the Star Wars and non diecast Iron Men.
Slowly they stop selling HT altogether.
I guess for a shop to survive and profit, they need to only sell Yondu or Spider-Man Homecoming and skip on the likes of Captain Phasma or Chewy.

Funny I was just talking to my friend about how we can't find any physical shops selling a decent amount of HT figures.
The problem with Hot Toys is most of their stuff are high priced and lots of them don't sell well.
If a shop carries them, there's a good chance they'll have 20- 30 figures sitting there for a year or more.
In Australia, there are a few shops that tried to sell HTs at retail price and you see lots of them sit there until they put a 30% clearance sticker on them.
Most of them are the Star Wars and non diecast Iron Men.
Slowly they stop selling HT altogether.
I guess for a shop to survive and profit, they need to only sell Yondu or Spider-Man Homecoming and skip on the likes of Captain Phasma or Chewy.

You are right - Minotaur in Melbourne CBD is a major exception, they still stock quite a few on display, from brand new to some dating back a number of years. I was able to pick up an issue free Leia Hoth from them at a fairly reasonable price, and they pulled four of five of them in boxes from out the back so I could check.

You are right - Minotaur in Melbourne CBD is a major exception, they still stock quite a few on display, from brand new to some dating back a number of years. I was able to pick up an issue free Leia Hoth from them at a fairly reasonable price, and they pulled four of five of them in boxes from out the back so I could check.

I picked up the ANH Leia from them for about $215 on sale before she passed. Got the last display copy too. Apart from that and the sideshow Vader, I only shop HT from Popcultcha.

I picked up the ANH Leia from them for about $215 on sale before she passed. Got the last display copy too. Apart from that and the sideshow Vader, I only shop HT from Popcultcha.

Yes same mostly Popcultcha, I’ve been burnt by others. That is a great price for Leia. I have to say though I got Yondu deluxe from Go Figure and I have that in hand today so time wise that’s excellent, plus the price was too good to pass up, one of the rare instances the price was much lower than PC.

Yes same mostly Popcultcha, I’ve been burnt by others. That is a great price for Leia. I have to say though I got Yondu deluxe from Go Figure and I have that in hand today so time wise that’s excellent, plus the price was too good to pass up, one of the rare instances the price was much lower than PC.

By others do you mean Premium Collectables?
Totally forgot about Go Figure. I remember getting Baby Groot about 6 months before Popcultcha got it in stock. Tried to get Yondu, but was a bit too slow.

By others do you mean Premium Collectables?
Totally forgot about Go Figure. I remember getting Baby Groot about 6 months before Popcultcha got it in stock. Tried to get Yondu, but was a bit too slow.

Yes totally, I’m still getting money back, I have to say my bank has been terrific in getting it done. I always check Go Figure but it’s rare they are under PC’s price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes totally, I’m still getting money back, I have to say my bank has been terrific in getting it done. I always check Go Figure but it’s rare they are under PC’s price.

Hah, I was about to say i'm shocked that such a dodgy company could still operate the way they were, but a quick google search shows they've been shut down! Good riddance!
Hopefully you didn't get stung too bad.

My last payment on my payment plan is this week. I can't wait. This will be my first pre-order hot toys figure to ship! :yess: I have 2 other hot toys that I bought on eBay, so I'm excited to get my first "new" in stock one. :D

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Hah, I was about to say i'm shocked that such a dodgy company could still operate the way they were, but a quick google search shows they've been shut down! Good riddance!

0 for 2 on orders with them and had to get my money back through my credit card company.

On a separate note - just used the eBay 15% off code “PRONTO15” to grab the deluxe.

Good to hear Premium Collectibles have shut down. I had six months of misery because I foolishly preordered 3 HT figures with them. I eventually got my money back through the financing company (which were excellent). I mainly use Popcultcha now and have not had one issue with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My waitlist just converted. Super excited to be able to add this to my collection!

Got a conversion too, still on the fence though. Its a spectacular figure, I just have no other Guardians :/

Got a conversion too, still on the fence though. Its a spectacular figure, I just have no other Guardians :/

My waitlist converted too.
You really should get Star-Lord with this guy.

I swear to god if this were any other figure i would just cancel. This wait time has reached ridiculous levels!

I’m really surprised I got this figure in a reasonable timeframe and from an Australian retailer no less! Still haven’t opened the box though ... frustrating!!

How does Go Figure get their stuff before Popcultcha when Popcultcha and Ikon the distributor are owned by the same people? Do they source them independently direct from Hong Kong?

Popcultcha sent me an email to say Yondu was delayed till September now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How does Go Figure get their stuff before Popcultcha when Popcultcha and Ikon the distributor are owned by the same people? Do they source them independently direct from Hong Kong?

Popcultcha sent me an email to say Yondu was delayed till September now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah ok, maybe! I didn’t know that about PC. I’ve only bought from Go Figure a couple of times, the other one was the first HT Hulk, their price for the Deluxe Yondu was very competitive. Their service, comms etc are all very good.

Back