1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

I honestly thought that was a still from the movie comparing to the HT sculpt. That’s Vimal’s?! It’s amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I’d say that’s a couple votes for it.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Something about this vimal sculpt bugs me. I think it's the bags under the eyes and the mouth. Prefer the HT sculpt.

So has Sideshow said when this will start shipping from their warehouse?

I saw a Vimal sculpt on FB yesterday and it doesn't compare to this one. Almost everyone was praising it but I have no idea what they're seeing.
I agree, the HT sculpt is way better.

I agree, the HT sculpt is way better.

Me too. The V sculpt looks rough and not so refined somehow. Maybe that's how Rooker looks ?? But I prefer the HT sculpt.

I think we hit the uncanny valley with that custom sculpt so people are a little irked out by it.

By far it beats HT sculpt by 10 miles.

I would say the custom has an expression that’s maybe a bit more Merle from Walking Dead than Yondu.

But all things considered (price, paint finish, wait times) I’m happy with the HT sculpt, which is mightily impressive in its own right — probably not the most flattering pic as it makes him look really young there in comparison.

I think we hit the uncanny valley with that custom sculpt so people are a little irked out by it.

By far it beats HT sculpt by 10 miles.

Exaggerate much? :cuckoo:

lol seriously; when you have figures in this industry released like the Three Zero Ghost in the Shell Scarlett Johansson sculpt; you can't say 'miles' in any sense when talking about these sculpts.

I would say the custom has an expression that’s maybe a bit more Merle from Walking Dead than Yondu.

But all things considered (price, paint finish, wait times) I’m happy with the HT sculpt, which is mightily impressive in its own right — probably not the most flattering pic as it makes him look really young there in comparison.

I agree and the sly smile I think works better for this figure.

Man this figure is in a whole new level (sculptwise) I don’t know if this is because being an alien and using blue color is far easier than matching a human skin tone.
But I have him besides Starlord and I can see a big difference in headsculpt quality between both. Pictures don’t do any justice to the figure in hand.
6147bdbe93ed56cf6d4eadb8f336acad.heic
2f4367fc23efddef7878902a6cb0be83.heic

Btw, does anyone have any ideas on a mod to light up the arrow effect? It would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet lit up.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Man that figure looks good. Not sure if this has been answered before, but is the pink arrow trail malleable at all?

Man that figure looks good. Not sure if this has been answered before, but is the pink arrow trail malleable at all?

Not really, it’s more stiff, but not so much to break it; you can pose it in certain way but after a couple minutes it will take it’s shape and gravity will pull it doen to rest on his shoulders. [emoji53]

I always find it interesting which of my subscribed threads I go to first. i.e which one I have the most interest in. Currently it is this thread. Can't wait to get this guy !

Who would have thought Yondu was going to turn out so great.
Eagerly awaiting mine too.

Not really, it’s more stiff, but not so much to break it; you can pose it in certain way but after a couple minutes it will take it’s shape and gravity will pull it doen to rest on his shoulders. [emoji53]

Ah ok, gotcha. Thanks for the response!

Back