1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

It's not bad by any means, but I definitely prefer the expression on the HT. If it was a whistling sculpt everyone would be clamoring for it.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

How long does it usually take sideshow to start shipping after it starts releasing and making its rounds? A few other Toy photographers I'm friends with already have their hands on them but most are over seas in Australia/UK. A few in the states have it already however.

How long does it usually take sideshow to start shipping after it starts releasing and making its rounds? A few other Toy photographers I'm friends with already have their hands on them but most are over seas in Australia/UK. A few in the states have it already however.

I think the usual is 4 weeks after Hong Kong release.

I like the color on the ht head more, the other one is too blue looking.

Have you all seen that Sideshow has issued a letter to all affiliates (FB, Forums etc) not to support any sort of unlicensed figures. I was subscribed to a couple of threads for figures and all of a sudden suddenly shutdown.

I mean I can understand their argument of licensing etc. But a decent secondary market holds up the whole collecting community. It's like Apple and the secondary market for accessories or modding of the software & apps. At least back in the day Apple turned a blind eye on that. It even gave them ideas for functions in their own software, plus it was a check on how robust the software was for hackers.

Anyway will be interesting to see what happens. No doubt someone will start a new Forum site or something dedicated to secondary market stuff.

I missed the preorders on bbts and sideshow so I ended up using the 20% off coupon on Ebay and bought it from Timcent. Paid around $350 for the deluxe version. I guess that's what I get for waiting, oh well lol. At least I'll get him a little earlier.

I get the bootleg debacle but cutting in on custom projects seems a bit excessive. The size of most of those runs are so small and typically expensive that it can't possibly effect them that much, especially if their figure will probably be bought anyway for some of the parts. But there's a chance that this is above them and driven by a licencor.

Don’t do it, Dude.
Those accounts are scams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know.
Typical characteristics of a scam:
Ridiculously cheap, abundance of stock where it's scarce everywhere and low feedback.

I honestly thought that was a still from the movie comparing to the HT sculpt. That’s Vimal’s?! It’s amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, it doesn't look close to being a movie still

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have you all seen that Sideshow has issued a letter to all affiliates (FB, Forums etc) not to support any sort of unlicensed figures. I was subscribed to a couple of threads for figures and all of a sudden suddenly shutdown.

I mean I can understand their argument of licensing etc. But a decent secondary market holds up the whole collecting community. It's like Apple and the secondary market for accessories or modding of the software & apps. At least back in the day Apple turned a blind eye on that. It even gave them ideas for functions in their own software, plus it was a check on how robust the software was for hackers.

Anyway will be interesting to see what happens. No doubt someone will start a new Forum site or something dedicated to secondary market stuff.

What threads got shut down?

34646779_10155668440448108_1197401818011795456_n.jpg

34674481_2177967408888206_5750221779184386048_n.jpg

So which one does Michael Rooker like the most ?

So which one does Michael Rooker like the most ?

Not sure.

But he doesn't give two figs about customs!

(Though he probably wouldn't earn from the Yondu image as the actors likely give that up to Disney).

It’s a little different to the Apple thing though. If people where making actual iMacs and iPods and and whatnot then it’s the same. And there where some knockoff Apple phones and computers and Apple didn’t turn a blind eye to that. Sideshow and hot toys had let most of the unlicensed stuff go for a long while. And it’s not just coming from Sideshow or hot toys, as a license holder they are obligated by contract (standard practice) to make sure any official affiliated sites or companies do not promote product that is unlicensed or they can lose their own licenses. Most the time if it’s just some little product run or a couple products it gets ignored. But the current market is definitely not small anymore. A few companies are working on their tenth unique release all from a license held by hot toys (toys era).

Back