1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Has anyone thought of hanging this guy from the ceiling or under a shelf to make it look like he’s floating down like in the Marry Poppins scene?
I’m thinking of hanging him and Star Lord both.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Has anyone thought of hanging this guy from the ceiling or under a shelf to make it look like he’s floating down like in the Marry Poppins scene?
I’m thinking of hanging him and Star Lord both.

I was considering it. I still want him in that pose, at least for a little while, but instead i'm just going to use a dynamic stand from another figure because I imagine balancing him out to hang correctly wouldn't be a fun task.

Waiting to receive mine. Such an excellent job on Rooker's likeness and the jacket. Made a judgment call and ordered this over IW Thor.

Waiting to receive mine. Such an excellent job on Rooker's likeness and the jacket. Made a judgment call and ordered this over IW Thor.

Good call ! :lol There will be another Thor, but not another Yondu.

Well... for the first time I have officially ordered two of the same figure haha! One with the big fin for Vol. 2 display and one with the small fin for Vol. 1.

Well... for the first time I have officially ordered two of the same figure haha! One with the big fin for Vol. 2 display and one with the small fin for Vol. 1.

I was expecting one for eBay (to get the first one for free) :lol

But yeah, fair call with the fins.

I love that so many people are so jazzed about this figure.

I really can't wait to see who wins Figure of the Year -- DX15 Jack Sparrow or this Yondu

Really tough call. But because this is a unique character never done before by HT, I'd vote Yondu.

Last edited:

I would vote Yondu. Sparrow was just a slight update of the 1st one.

Finally looks like Popcultcha has just sent me an email saying they are processing my order.
I was lucky enough to pre-order a Deluxe just at the beginning of this month. It looks like it's now only the regular version left.
I'm also still on waitlist on SS.
Now it looks like I've been bitten by the GOTG bug. First Rocket, then Groot and now Yondu. I'm also actively seeking out a deluxe Star-lord which means I'll need a Gamora and Drax.
Going to wait for the Vol.2 Gamora to avoid crack rubber elbows and still on the fence for Drax. He's just too boring for the price.

ugh, cant find the deluxe version for a decent price so I ordered the regular, is his deluxe aero rig the same as the star-lord one?

Not sure about size but one of the video reviewers noticed some added detail.

I would bet its slightly improved to create aggravation, stress, envy and additional purchases.

No, I don't have Star-Lord yet... which is even more aggravating. :D

Fair enough:lol suffice to say it's a huge pain in the ass to put on and to close it on both sides. Really don't care about the aerorig for Yondu just wanted the extra gun for Rocket :gun

I saw a Vimal sculpt on FB yesterday and it doesn't compare to this one. Almost everyone was praising it but I have no idea what they're seeing.

I saw a Vimal sculpt on FB yesterday and it doesn't compare to this one. Almost everyone was praising it but I have no idea what they're seeing.

Yeah it looks slightly too chubby imo. I know HT tends to idealize their sculpts to a degree as well, but i prefer the look of the HT sculpt. I'm surprised Vimal didnt go with a smiling sculpt tbh. Would have been a surefire seller.

Totally agree

34444422_10216579354546084_5625085411639427072_o.jpg

34556322_10216579354906093_6655433385751609344_o.jpg

Back