1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

An alternate “whistling” sculpt like the Marvel Legends version would’ve made this perfect!
The only Guardians HT I own is Star Lord from the first film. Still, this Yondu will display beautifully with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Same here.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

"Creepy real" is the goal man ! [emoji2]

Tarkin : done
Yondu : done
Dr Strange : done

Probably others but they're the recent ones who come to mind.
Mark 46 was RDJ perfection as well.

74e33b51e76b297bfc4d92db544a3ba6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mark 46 was RDJ perfection as well.

74e33b51e76b297bfc4d92db544a3ba6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dang! I hadn’t seen that sculpt. Looks phenomenal!

Yep they've been killing it recently. I did hear on a Marvel mini documentary thing that they 3D scan all the actors these days. For CGI work etc. They also mentioned this is why Black Series figures look so much better now.

Wonder if Hot Toys also gets these scans ? Gotta be more accurate than going off a 2D photo.

HT are doing sculpts manually. They've got artists for that. With 3D scans their fate is pretty much sealed, but not yet.

HT are doing sculpts manually. They've got artists for that. With 3D scans their fate is pretty much sealed, but not yet.

Sure, but how do you know they don't use the 3D model to help the modeller do the model by hand, as they would use a 2D picture ?

Personally I think it is too much of a cooincidence the noticeable step up in sculpts over the last year or so.

Either way it doesn't really matter, as long as we get great figures !

They use 3D models for the inanimate stuff. All the Armors/Machines/weapons/helmets. Organic characters are done by hand. You can read the specs for each product they show credit for the sculptor and modeler if they use one

They make some HSs "creepy real", then you get some real head scratchers lately too. The new Loki and new Cap are a step backwards IMO.

Its the same sculpt except the eyes are looking elsewhere...

I was just thinking it looks like a repaint. What an amazing sculpt. I think I need one.

Yondu was (imo) easily the best thing about GOTG2 and this looks like an amazing figure. That head sculpt...wow!

Deluxe locked-in.

Yondu was (imo) easily the best thing about GOTG2 and this looks like an amazing figure. That head sculpt...wow!

Deluxe locked-in.

Yep, waiting, waiting, waiting for this guy !

This is why Hot Toys trumps mostly every other company doing "3D" scans.
Their head sculpts are actual works of art… not some crap churned out of a computer.

This is still my most anticipated figure release this year, by far. Can't wait to have this in hand.

Here’s hoping Yondu doesn’t become this year’s Drax. Letter writing campaigns and Hot Toys’ post spamming just to get him made...

Here’s hoping Yondu doesn’t become this year’s Drax. Letter writing campaigns and Hot Toys’ post spamming just to get him made...

???

He is already getting made and will be shipping soon. So Yondu is nothing like Drax. Nebula is this years (and last years) Drax

???

He is already getting made and will be shipping soon. So Yondu is nothing like Drax. Nebula is this years (and last years) Drax

I think they are keeping Nebula for Avengers 4. I think she'll have an important role there given her history with Thanos.

This doesn’t really make any sense. Not once has hot toys out a release up for order and then it not come out. Not once.

Back