1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radiation suit Doc would have been a much bigger seller than the one coming down the pike. If they don't fix the head sculpt on the one coming out it's an easy pass for me. I don't like the sculpt and I don't like the outfit. Come on Hot Toys!

I have pre-ordered it but it doesn't seem to be selling out anywhere. I think they need to release some pics of an updated sculpt to generate more pre-order sales.

Radiation suit Doc would have been a much bigger seller than the one coming down the pike. If they don't fix the head sculpt on the one coming out it's an easy pass for me. I don't like the sculpt and I don't like the outfit. Come on Hot Toys!

I don't mind the figure/outfit at all. BttF II is actually my favorite BttF film, so I think it's cool they're making one for this. However, I think the sculpt falls short of actually looking like Christopher Lloyd and the expression not suitable for any pose other than looking at his watch from the "Damn! I'm late" scene. So I'm hoping they do some tweaking to it.

Had a BttF 1985 radiation suit featured this same sculpt, I would pass on that one too.

I'm pretty happy with the upcoming doc brown release. Yeah the headsculpt could have been better but its acceptable imo. I can see what they were trying to do in going for a non neutral expression on his face. I'll just pose him looking at his watch and it'll be all good. Hopefully we'll hear something about the Delorean mark 2 soon as well.

I'm pretty happy with the upcoming doc brown release. Yeah the headsculpt could have been better but its acceptable imo. I can see what they were trying to do in going for a non neutral expression on his face. I'll just pose him looking at his watch and it'll be all good. Hopefully we'll hear something about the Delorean mark 2 soon as well.

Any Doc is better than no Doc and the sculpt will be improved before release. Yes, I hope we hear about the DeLorean mark 2 very soon. That is the version I really want. If they say nothing for months and eventually cancel, the first DeLorean will then be impossible to get at a reasonable price and we end up with nothing. :gah: Just put it up for preorder or be up front and say it aint happening.

I still think the vehicles have travelled the same route as the DX line. The BvS line sold stupidly well yet nothing about the batmobile. Ive given up any hope the flying delorean will ever happen. Tbh the hover wheels are innaccurate and it suffers the exact flaws the part 1 has. Those time circuits will not light up, the interior will be very plain and stickers again for the license plate. Also, i expect it to be $100 to $200 MORE expensive than the other one

I still think the vehicles have travelled the same route as the DX line. The BvS line sold stupidly well yet nothing about the batmobile. Ive given up any hope the flying delorean will ever happen. Tbh the hover wheels are innaccurate and it suffers the exact flaws the part 1 has. Those time circuits will not light up, the interior will be very plain and stickers again for the license plate. Also, i expect it to be $100 to $200 MORE expensive than the other one

If it doesn't come I might as well sell my Marty and cancel the other orders.

I'm starting to feel the same but if i buy the first one and then this gets announced I'd be frustrated to say the least.

I think the Delorean Part II will definitely be released because HT already invested in the r&d, created molds, etc. for the part I version.

True there is that but im hoping HT releases the Batmobile for the upcoming Justice League film and yeah i think they would be stupid not to release the Delorean when they already have the molds for the first Delorean which is the exact same car with a few minor adjustments to be made to turn it into the mark 2.

It seems the opposite holds try to DFanatic.

In this case I tend to agree in that the vehicle is far more iconic than Marty.

In this case I do understand the need for the vehicle. A display of just Marty or Marty and Doc is somewhat limited unlike the Ghostbusters where you still get a team and a whole host of accessories without the ECTO-1. Batman has all his gadgets, allies and enemies to be displayed with. The DeLorean is essential to a great BTTF display from my point of view. It's also much smaller than most 1/6 vehicles and just about manageable without having masses of display space.

The car is classed by many as one of the 3 main characters of the trilogy.

Although, if youve had a marty this long without the car, why get rid of him? Its a great fig to have anyway.

The car is classed by many as one of the 3 main characters of the trilogy.

Although, if youve had a marty this long without the car, why get rid of him? Its a great fig to have anyway.

I'd class it as a character to. ECTO-1 would be great to display with the Ghostbusters if you have the room and likewise the Batmobile for Batman but I don't feel they are as essential to the story as the DeLorean is in BTTF.

I want to display the BTTF2 figures with the car in their own display space and not in my detolfs. I'll hold out for the hover version till at least the end of the year, if there is no sign of a pre-order by then I'll try and get hold of the car from part 1.

Still hoping for a part 1 Doc and western versions of both from part 3 but that's probably a long shot now.

if youve had a marty this long without the car, why get rid of him? Its a great fig to have anyway.

I'd class it as a character to. ECTO-1 would be great to display with the Ghostbusters if you have the room and likewise the Batmobile for Batman but I don't feel they are as essential to the story as the DeLorean is in BTTF.

Agree with both of these.

I can see how a DeLorean would be vital to many people to have in their display due to its importance in the films; as mentioned, it's essentially like its own character in itself. Although for me personally, it's more about the figures than vehicles. I can have the figures and not the vehicle and still have it be a sufficient display; however, I can't have the vehicle displayed by itself without the figures.

I really want doc in the jumpsuit from part 1 with lots of accessories. That is my most desired BTTF piece right now. The mall scene is easily my favorite. Still preordered both doc and marty from part 2 though. Honestly I was relieved to see any HT doc being made at all after everything went quiet for awhile after mark1 delorean. Would really like to see that doc sculpt tweaked a bit.

And if they made mark2 delorean I would buy it for sure, but I am satisfied with the mark1. At this point I would rather get doc and marty from part 3 if I had to choose.

I really want doc in the jumpsuit from part 1 with lots of accessories. That is my most desired BTTF piece right now. The mall scene is easily my favorite. Still preordered both doc and marty from part 2 though. Honestly I was relieved to see any HT doc being made at all after everything went quiet for awhile after mark1 delorean. Would really like to see that doc sculpt tweaked a bit.

And if they made mark2 delorean I would buy it for sure, but I am satisfied with the mark1. At this point I would rather get doc and marty from part 3 if I had to choose.

The Doc sculpt will be tweaked, at least they said it would be. Once he's out I imagine it won't be long before someone does a good part 1 custom outfit for him thogh it really needs an Einstein to go with him.

I'd love a part 3 Doc and Marty to. Don't see it happening unless these figures sell really well though.

The Doc sculpt will be tweaked, at least they said it would be. Once he's out I imagine it won't be long before someone does a good part 1 custom outfit for him thogh it really needs an Einstein to go with him.

I'd love a part 3 Doc and Marty to. Don't see it happening unless these figures sell really well though.

:exactly: Agreed, we definitely need Einstein!! :rock Part 3 versions would be awesome too - they would be really nice looking figures. :)

I suspect part2 marty and doc will be the end of the line. I hope im wrong but the future doesnt look good imo

Back